Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Kryptohash | Brand new PoW algo | 320bit hash | ed25519 | PID algo for dif - page 26. (Read 149437 times)

Activity: 329
Merit: 250
Current version of KSHAKE320 algorithm requires 64Kb per hash.  I could change it to require 128Kb+ on a dime.

But, what limits the speed of the algorithm is not the amount of RAM but, the speed you can store/read data to/from RAM.  If in the future, new RAM technology allows for very fast memory that is also affordable then, the KSHAKE320 algorithm may no longer offer an advantage over regular hashing algorithms.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I like the name of this coin Smiley
no doubt that KHC is good coin with brand new ASIC resistant aglo,devoted Dev,but weak marketing and weak promotion. Wink

Nothing is ASIC resistant - if it gets big enough - ASICS will come  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.
yeah,ASICs won't come until it's profitable enough.
I am looking forward to that day when ASICs come.  Grin

Pretty sure dev is too, I'm sure he would rather enjoy being tested when he just releases a mandatory wallet update with the algo modified.
I think we don't need to consider that in the near future. Grin
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1058
Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io
no doubt that KHC is good coin with brand new ASIC resistant aglo,devoted Dev,but weak marketing and weak promotion. Wink

Thank You,
Viz.

Pretty sure dev is too, I'm sure he would rather enjoy being tested when he just releases a mandatory wallet update with the algo modified.

You're right, that's the only way to do it.

Regards,
Viz.
Activity: 350

Thank You,
Viz.

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

Thank You,
Viz.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Help me please  Smiley I have GTX 650 Ti video and Intel Core i5 4570 cpu. Is It possible to mine this currency? Will it be profitably?
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
if it gets big enough - ASICS will come  Wink

So the best ASIC protection is a new algo and complete absence of adoption Grin I.e. to be an Evasive Joe of crypto world.
legendary

Nothing is ASIC resistant - if it gets big enough - ASICS will come  Wink

Thank You,
Viz.
Quote from KryptoKash

Now, THAT is a good name  Grin
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Activity: 518
Merit: 275
If you fail...just dont fail again
Here is a guesstimate:

Monetary Mass after    1,000 blocks:     ~232,353 KHCs
Monetary Mass after  10,000 blocks:   ~1,587,326 KHCs
Monetary Mass after  20,000 blocks :  ~2,577,861 KHCs

To know for sure, we'd need a tool that scans the blockchain looking at the coinbase and then substrating the flat fee from it.

some wallet getinfo command supports moneysupply info
Dev,could you implement that?  Huh

Interesting, seems like it might be a bit of work for the wallet to get the result.  Exactly which wallet does this?  Rather than have the wallet support this I think I'd rather have a MySQL query parse the database for display on a webpage at time of install of the proggy and track new blocks after rather than burn cpu cycles on the wallet.
Many wallets can do that,Spreadcoin,Findcoin,......  Wink

If the block reward follows a strict standard that it is easy to calculate by current block height.  KHC wallet would have to parse the entire blockchain in order to come up with an accurate result.

Honestly, I don't see the value of adding this feature to the Wallet.  

okay,but money supply is a key info for any coin.How could I get that info ?
My suggestion for Dev is to contact more pool operators and exchanges.
time to make this coin bigger now.  Grin
The net hashrate has never surpassed 30MS/s to this day,perphas no more than 25 miners.
Just looked at exchange volumes - almost no trades at all. It is sad that such an interesting project gets so little attention.

Probably there are not many geeks on this forum who can appreciate such complex innovations Smiley
1.People dont trust that buggy exchange.
2.Since the launch day till now,the wallet and miner are updated every several days.
Activity: 690
Merit: 500
Just looked at exchange volumes - almost no trades at all. It is sad that such an interesting project gets so little attention.

Probably there are not many geeks on this forum who can appreciate such complex innovations Smiley
I have a question,each time I transfer KHC from the pool to local wallet,no fee need to pay?  Huh
From the OP.

Block reward (or subisidy) is paid to miners using the following schema:

Code:
Blocks: 0 to 99 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.
Blocks: 100 to 999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 399 KHCs.
Blocks: 1,000 to 9,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 199 KHCs.
Blocks: 10,000 to 99,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 99 KHCs.
Blocks: 100,000 to 124,999 -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs plus a random subsidy of 0 to 49 KHCs.
Blocks: 125,000+ -> A fixed subsidy of 50 KHCs.

That said, we are almost at block 20,000.  You can expect around 1,000,000 new KHCs every 10,000 blocks until we reach the block number 120,000th.  At block 125,000th there will be aprox. 12,800,000 KHCs.  
After that it will be straight forward to calculate.  50 KHCs per block unless the community votes to lower the rewards starting at block 250,000 and beyond.

Activity: 350
Here is a guesstimate:

To know for sure, we'd need a tool that scans the blockchain looking at the coinbase and then substrating the flat fee from it.

Interesting, seems like it might be a bit of work for the wallet to get the result.  Exactly which wallet does this?  Rather than have the wallet support this I think I'd rather have a MySQL query parse the database for display on a webpage at time of install of the proggy and track new blocks after rather than burn cpu cycles on the wallet.

If the block reward follows a strict standard that it is easy to calculate by current block height.  KHC wallet would have to parse the entire blockchain in order to come up with an accurate result.

I already built this as a Feature for Coinshield: you don't need to parse the entire blockchain. Best way is to make # of blocks not influence the supply - by utilizing reserves that fill every time-span and have block value determined by reserve supply. This will make the supply exactly regulated by time - with no way to inflate.

Viz.

KHC doesn't follow a strict block reward, it is quasi random based on transaction fee's + block reward based on block height.
legendary
Here is a guesstimate:

I already built this as a Feature for Coinshield: you don't need to parse the entire blockchain. Best way is to make # of blocks not influence the supply - by utilizing reserves that fill every time-span and have block value determined by reserve supply. This will make the supply exactly regulated by time - with no way to inflate.

Viz.
Pages:
Jump to: