Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation - page 43. (Read 88341 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
http://www.leocoinapp.com/
I am sure when POS start and leoxchange get licences for leocoin in usa and 1 big rich player invest 1-2milion $ big game changer we all wait then miracle and good energy start!
I am sure Dan have ready that players or he is the one too👍🏼😳
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
@LEOcoin Foundation

Talking about "legal requirements for web sites".......

I know, you will tell me that it is a "third-party".
But anyway, it is meant to be a major place to promote Leocoin:

http://leomarketplace.com/

I checked their "Terms and Conditions" at

http://leomarketplace.com/MerchantWebShop/termsandconditions.aspx

... Our company number is 07112363 and our VAT number is GB 989 026 181. We refer to ourselves as " LEO", "we", "us" or "our" in this document, and we refer to us and any other companies of the LEO group of companies, including our affiliates, parents and subsidiaries, as " LEO"....

Now if I check that number, I get a completly different company, registered in 2009 !!!

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07112363

Huh Huh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
For this reason the LEOxChange has applied for and has been granted the legitimate licences in order to operate an exchange in both London and Hong Kong.

By the way: It would help A LOT to give more confidence in LeoXChange if there was correct "legal information" on the web site!

Currently, the web site does not even respect the minimum English/EU requirements for commercial web sites.

No company registration number! No EU VAT registration number !

And if LeoXchange has valid banking or similar licences, these MUST be also indicated with there corresponding numbers.

@Peter78

Thank you. I have taken the liberty to forwarded your complaint to the LEOxChange. In case you have more questions for the LEOxChange, please feel free to write them directly: [email protected]

For now, we will await their reply.
For this reason the LEOxChange has applied for and has been granted the legitimate licences in order to operate an exchange in both London and Hong Kong.

By the way: It would help A LOT to give more confidence in LeoXChange if there was correct "legal information" on the web site!

Currently, the web site does not even respect the minimum English/EU requirements for commercial web sites.

No company registration number! No EU VAT registration number !

And if LeoXchange has valid banking or similar licences, these MUST be also indicated with there corresponding numbers.
@LEOcoin Foundatio

Thank you. Now, it is clear for everyone . :-)
1) Thank you very for the information on LeoXChange.

2)

Sorry, Peter78, but your conclusion is a riddle to me.

The correct quote is "When we as a company with our member base of currently almost 200,000 entrepreneurs and registered merchants all work together"

I do not see Dan suggesting that there are almost 200.000 registered merchants, but rather stating that there are almost 200,000 entrepreneurs. The merchants - number not stated - come in addition to that. I have no access to the actual number of LEO members, but that will likely indeed be around 200,000. According to the LEO Marketplace website, there are over 32,000 merchants. If these figures are correct, this would mean that the combined total of LEO member and merchants would be around 230,000.

Sorry, but as it is written now, everyone will think that there are 200 000 merchants!

Otherwise, there must be an additional  world like some/less etc in "200,000 entrepreneurs and some(!) registered merchants".

@Peter78,

as you see, I added the correct quote once more. This is handy, as it states the figures as they are public now.

Now to your conclusion: When I would assert (A) in the garden there are 5 dogs and cats. You suggest that everyone would think that A is stating that there are 5 cats. I do not see how this follows from that statement. Normally one would conclude that there is a total of 5 animals, viz. dogs and cats. In the interview, it does indeed look like that the total of both LEO members and LEO merchants would sum up to 200,000. In my comment, I have pointed at the probably currently adequate numbers.

Please understand, that I present the answers as they were given in the interview.
1) Thank you very for the information on LeoXChange.

2)

The correct quote is "When we as a company with our member base of currently almost 200,000 entrepreneurs and registered merchants all work together"

I do not see Dan suggesting that there are almost 200.000 registered merchants, but rather stating that there are almost 200,000 entrepreneurs. The merchants - number not stated - come in addition to that.

Sorry, but as it is written now, everyone will think that there are 200 000 merchants!

Otherwise, there must be an additional  world like some/less etc in "200,000 entrepreneurs and some(!) registered merchants".
@LEOcoin Foundation

Thank you for the first part of the interview !

One question:

What is it with the Hong Kong Leo Xchange?

Its launch was celebrated - but is their really a second, separate platform/company in Hong Kong ?

@Peter78

The LEOcoin Foundation is not operating the LEOxChange or has access to their data, their client base, their funds or their IT platform. But with regard to your question I have enquired and can share the following information with the readers of this thread:

a) The LEOxChange is an integrated online platform. This basically means that it can be used and accessed from all over the world. However when it comes to taking deposits and funding accounts in crypto or fiat currencies, different local laws and regulation may be in force. For this reason the LEOxChange has applied for and has been granted the legitimate licences in order to operate an exchange in both London and Hong Kong.

b) In 2016 LEOxChange aspires to acquire similar licences for the USA. This will enable US-citizens to trade and invest LEOcoin in accordance with their own local customs, laws and requirements with regard to taxation, bank transfers and security.

With regard to b, I would like to add that the first steps have already been taken, but that the complexity of the US exchange regulations currently prevents LEOxChange management to be able to state a more accurate timely schedule for the completion of the process. More about the development of the US market will be addresses in the interview.
They never say 190.000 but 32.000!

In the interview, Dan even suggests that there are 200 000 merchants...

.... with our member base of currently almost 200,000 entrepreneurs and registered merchants all work together,...

Let's see if he will give correct figures later.....

Sorry, Peter78, but your conclusion is a riddle to me.

I do not see Dan suggesting that there are almost 200.000 registered merchants, but rather stating that there are almost 200,000 entrepreneurs. The merchants - number not stated - come in addition to that. I have no access to the actual number of LEO members, but that will likely indeed be around 200,000. According to the LEO Marketplace website, there are over 32,000 merchants. If these figures are correct, this would mean that the combined total of LEO member and merchants would be around 230,000.
Leo have aprox 180.000 members! And there they build 32.000 merchants!

In the interview, Dan even suggests that there are 200 000 merchants...

.... with our member base of currently almost 200,000 entrepreneurs and registered merchants all work together,...

Let's see if he will give correct figures later.....
Over the next few days, I will post parts of the interview. Today part one.

____

____

This interview will not be commented on, but comes as it is for your information only.

I would love to say thank you both for that lovely wall of text, but what information are you referring at? There ware no critical issues discussed or answered here, all info is old and does not reflect the real situation and who even wrote this questions?

It is clear to all now, that you do NOT answer any questions here regarding LEOcoin or LEO_anything but simply post what you are told to post.

I wanted to put few more questions to the list but since you are clearly avoiding the truth, it's pointless.

.: 17k registred users on LEOxChange : Over 190k merchants : Regulations? :.
Over 190.000 merchants and I am having trouble finding 1 !?!?

Activity: 288

____

____

This interview will not be commented on, but comes as it is for your information only.

I would love to say thank you both for that lovely wall of text, but what information are you referring at? There ware no critical issues discussed or answered here, all info is old and does not reflect the real situation and who even wrote this questions?

It is clear to all now, that you do NOT answer any questions here regarding LEOcoin or LEO_anything but simply post what you are told to post.

I wanted to put few more questions to the list but since you are clearly avoiding the truth, it's pointless.

Over 190.000 merchants and I am having trouble finding 1 !?!?

____

____

As stated before: "The interview is an initiative from the LEOcoin Foundation." There will be more and also questions that have been asked here on the forum will be addressed.
Izi
Activity: 22
Merit: 0

____

____

Dan, when is part 2 of the interview coming ? I just bought some popcorn...
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
It is not even a soap opera is some low rated funny movie Cheesy
Great interview so far Dan👍
Some hard questions answered, like you promissed haha
Cant wait for the rest of this soap opera...
@LEOcoin Foundation

Thank you for the first part of the interview !

One question:

What is it with the Hong Kong Leo Xchange?

Its launch was celebrated - but is their really a second, separate platform/company in Hong Kong ?

____

Sketches of LEOcoin
An Interview with LEOcoin co-creator Dan Andersson

LF: LEOcoin Foundation
DA: Dan Andersson

LF: Dan, thank you for this exclusive interview that we shall use to inform those who are interested in LEOcoin.

DA: it’s my pleasure

LF: When you created LEOcoin in June 2014 what did you have in mind?

DA: First and foremost, we wanted LEOcoin to be THE digital currency for entrepreneurs. To realise that objective it had to combine global access, availability, security, moderate costs and fast transfer times. A second reason is that we at Learning Enterprises Organisation Ltd. believe that we should take advantage of any emerging technology which can make a positive difference to our members and associates. Establishing the LEOcoin project addresses all three of the pillars that LEO stands for; Learn, Earn, Own.
By using LEOcoin, entrepreneurs learn first-hand what digital currencies are and how they can be used to the advantage of small and medium enterprises all over the world. The earning and owning part has to do with LEOcoin’s function as a currency. By encouraging our members to be active in using and trading LEOcoin we want to emphasise both functions of LEOcoin: a) the use of LEOcoin as mean of payment and b) its potential to gain value over time.
When we as a company with our member base of currently almost 200,000 entrepreneurs and registered merchants all work together, we can - by spending, trading, saving and staking LEOcoins – make things happen.

LF: LEOxChange launched in April 2015. Can you tell us something about the measures involved with regard to security and compliance with financial regulation in London and Hong Kong?

DA: When designing LEOxChange we sought advice from people with forex and digital currency trading experience and used their combined knowledge to implement an environment that provides best of breed security and technical scalability. In addition we approached the UK financial authorities to understand their current and future requirements regarding regulation of digital currencies, which enabled us to build the LEOxChange in a way that it complies now and is capable of complying with future standards. We are certain that this will give the public confidence in the LEOcoin digital currency and that the LEOxChange is more trustworthy than non-regulated ones.

LF: The recent reports on the implications of digital currencies on national security and the many scandals and misuse of digital currencies for fraud and criminal activity have made many potential users, politicians and early adopters wary. What does the LEOxChange do to address these concerns?

DA: We have chosen to adopt a best-of-breed KYC procedure. The more you want to do on the LEOxChange, the higher the KYC requirement.  We have 4 levels at present. The highest level, Tier4, meets same level of KYC requirement that you experience when opening a bank account, which includes complying with anti-money-laundering (AML) regulation.
In order to be able to withdraw currency from the LEOxChange you need to submit proof of your identity, address and bank details, so we fully understand who it is we are dealing with. The LEOxChange not only complies with current regulation, but is also an active contributor to the discussions on how we can ensure there continues to be a healthy digital currency ecosystem that is fit for the future.

LF: That could easily be seen as being in conflict with LEOcoin’s anonymity?

DA: Oh, don’t get me wrong. All LEOcoin transactions are transparent, in the sense that the user addresses remain visible in the blockchain, but no personal data. This means that payments with LEOcoin are as private as they are with other forms of digital payment.
Regarding the LEOxChange we have chosen to comply with UK and EU financial regulations, which calls for transparency on withdrawals of fiat currency. Also banks in the EU do report transactions once they reach a certain amount and we, the LEO community, think that transparency is a good thing. For the same reason, we had our first launch event for LEOxChange in London and work with all relevant regulators. The idea behind this is LEO believes that transparency, compliance with regulation and conformance with best practice is a good thing. When we open business in a new country the first thing we do is look for the local Direct Selling Association. The reason is that the DSA sets the benchmark for companies like LEO. This third party examination of our processes and procedures gives us, and potential associates, confidence that we are a properly run business.

____

Pages:
Jump to: