Pages:
Author

Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation - page 60. (Read 88341 times)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100
@LEOcoin Foundation

Ok, I see. Great.
Must be a nice opportunity to work for the Foundation :-)

How does the Foundation have money to fund development ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Any example of a development that is currently funded by the Leocoin Foundation ?

You are reading one, mate.
Activity: 157

they have been told, asked to make it better, a long time ago.....nobody wanted to listen....and this is ONLINE, people to see,....Huh Like....Leo doesnt care??? NO NO, THEY DO CARE, THEY DO!!!!! Cheesy

This one most important for LEOcoin?
http://leomarketplace.com

With that last one, i think my daugther would make batter website Cheesy

Finally somebody understand it!
Its bigest shame for company that made it and bigest shame for man who approved it! Who approved it must be retarded idiot who made LEO company look stupid ! After LEO conpany own so much money cant put that site out! Its shame of  shame! Sorry but its it!
Big shame for that site!😱😱😱😱😂😂😂
Activity: 168
Yes i agree man this will do no good for leo and his price and i don`t like it.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
http://www.leocoinapp.com/

Finally somebody understand it!
Its bigest shame for company that made it and bigest shame for man who approved it! Who approved it must be retarded idiot who made LEO company look stupid ! After LEO conpany own so much money cant put that site out! Its shame of  shame! Sorry but its it!
Big shame for that site!😱😱😱😱😂😂😂
@Cryptotraider16

Hi !

... LEO company have disaster IT!!!

Why ?

Ha ha ha why? When you start to use internet? Yesturday? Some sites look like kids make it!

We fund the development of LEOcoin

Development could also mean development of a non-programming issue

Any example of a development that is currently funded by the Leocoin Foundation ?
Re. Funding & development

Development could also mean development of a non-programming issue, like the development of a market, a target group, development of distribution or for research. To onesidedly limit funding and development to the idea that a latter founded Foundation would pay the development team of the underlying cryptocurrency is wholly your misinterpretation. Development has many meanings.

Funding the development of LEOcoin does not necessarily mean that we employ members of the LEOcoin development team.

Activity: 157
@LeoCoin Foundation

We e.g. know people who work on the development of the LEOcoin, but they are not on our pay-roll.

From the LeoCoin Foundation Website:

Huh

Grin Grin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Well.....Leo ......  Cheesy Cheesy Grin
@LeoCoin Foundation

We e.g. know people who work on the development of the LEOcoin, but they are not on our pay-roll.

From the LeoCoin Foundation Website:

Huh

Wtf Peter? Who care who pay dev for leocoin?!!! We just care they will dobit asap!!!

Leocoin fundation just to let you know LEO company have disaster IT!!!
@LeoCoin Foundation

Thank you for your explanations.

I am sure that we all agree that for a crypto currency, transparency is the most important thing that is necessary to give everyone confidence in the coin !

However, it is still "confusing" to me (to others?) who is doing what within the LEO ecosystem....

For example , who pays the developers ?

Peter

You mean transparency, like who is the Bitcoin developer?

Who is doing what within the LEOcoin ecosystem is hard to say, after all, miners, developers, LEOcoin owners, LEO LTd., entrepreneurs, merchants, each of them can enfold activities in this regard, like e.g. the LEObit Exchange and I do not know if your conception of 'final power' could be appropriate for LEOcoin. I am sorry that this is confusing, but LEOcoin is owned by those persons, companies and institutions that have LEOcoins in their wallets. There is no central bank or institution that can control or manipulate LEOcoin. Decisions are made by different parties with perhaps different goals, probably depending on the stake they hold.

We e.g. know people who work on the development of the LEOcoin, but they are not on our pay-roll. LEOcoin Foundation cannot speak for third parties, but for us it is relevant that they do good work that will help LEOcoin ahead.
@LeoCoin Foundation

What I still have problems to understand clearly:

What person or what company has the final "power" over the Leocoin development ?

@LeoCoin Foundation

Thank you for your explanations.

I am sure that we all agree that for a crypto currency, transparency is the most important thing that is necessary to give everyone confidence in the coin !

However, it is still "confusing" to me (to others?) who is doing what within the LEO ecosystem....

For example , who pays the developers ?

Peter

@LeoCoin Foudation

Why do you have to forward all technical questions to the LeoCoin team ?
You wrote the the Leocoin Foundation (sic! not Leocoin or Leo) sees POS as the best way.
So the Leocoin Foundation did check the different possibilities before it came to that opinion, didn't you ?
I was under the impression that the LeoCoin Foudation has his own research, his own opinion and that the Foundation would advise Leocoin !

@Peter78

Please do not read things into my assertions that were not factually stated; besides that it is incorrect, it can also be confusing for the readers of the thread, particularly when you draw conclusions that go diametrically against what was actually written.

Contrary to what you seem to suggest, I did not only mention LEOcoin Foundation, but (sic!) explicitly LEO Ltd too and as first in the order. To be precise I have stated: "It is expected, that LEO Ltd. and probably LEOcoin Foundation too will advice to vote for the sole POS mechanism as this is currently seen as the best alternative." Important in this regard are 'probably', 'advice to vote', 'currently' and 'alternative'.

As a consequence your next remark seems a bit strange, as indeed, when you have alternatives, you have to have checked out other options first, in order to be able to decide which way to go. Therefore - and this you have guessed right - LEOcoin Foundation has sought and given advice regarding possible ways to counter an eventual Botnet problem, including solutions that other CC have opted for. As such the official proposal by the LEOcoin development team to move LEOcoin from POW/POS to a 100% POS mechanism was no surprise to us.

You are also mistaken to think that all technical questions are forwarded. Yet as the LEOcoin developers currently work on the code, they seemed the best suited source for answering these particular questions, then, after all, it is them that will implement the new mechanism.

@Cryptotraider16
stake-grinding attacks ?

What is it man?

In a POS system, working on several blockchain forks has no "costs", compared to A POW system.

Thus, a real POS System has some serious security problems compared to a POW system.

e.g. "stake grinding" attacks:
In a stake grinding attack, the attacker has a small amount of stake and goes through the history of the blockchain and finds places where their stake wins a block. In order to consecutively win, they modify the next block header until some stake they own wins once again. This attack requires a bit of computation, but definately isn't impractical.

Pages:
Jump to: