Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Levelcoin - Proof of Stake / Proof of Burn Hybrid - Inflation Immune - page 8. (Read 44772 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
Somebody needs to dev. this coin..its a good idea!...too bad levelcoin is scam.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
maybe levelcoin got blackmailed too.
But the thing with the btcadresse is very strange. Very strange!
Activity: 86
If that really was Level Coin, it wouldn't make any sense to blackmail someone using the wallet address from this IPO. People were following the address and would have noticed a 10 BTC transaction, especially with the 1 BTC limit on fundraising. Something just doesn't add up.

Clearly he made a mistake. He sent his demands in private message thinking it will never be published online. Obviously he was wrong

Right, but people here were watching the wallet address on the blockchain. They would have seen a 10 BTC deposit and wondered wtf was going on since no one is allowed to submit more than 1 BTC. So it would have tipped people off either way I think. Just strange really. I mean Level Coin and Leo have both been constantly active in this thread and posting every day throughout the day, so the current silence obviously doesn't bode well.

Understand, i'm not taking his side and have yet to send any money in, just trying to make sense of the shenanigans going on here.

It's quite hard to handling so many different accounts, btc addresses so finally he made a mistake. He wasn't so smart after all

Edit: if you dig deep enough you will notice that these accounts are linked: LeoC, leandro213, cossakman, maet and now levelcoin. I bet it's the same person
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
If that really was Level Coin, it wouldn't make any sense to blackmail someone using the wallet address from this IPO. People were following the address and would have noticed a 10 BTC transaction, especially with the 1 BTC limit on fundraising. Something just doesn't add up.

Clearly he made a mistake. He sent his demands in private message thinking it will never be published online. Obviously he was wrong

Right, but people here were watching the wallet address on the blockchain. They would have seen a 10 BTC deposit and wondered wtf was going on since no one is allowed to submit more than 1 BTC. So it would have tipped people off either way I think. Just strange really. I mean Level Coin and Leo have both been constantly active in this thread and posting every day throughout the day, so the current silence obviously doesn't bode well.

Understand, i'm not taking his side and have yet to send any money in, just trying to make sense of the shenanigans going on here.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Then why did he change the BTC fundraising address the moment LeoC's threat was publicly posted? And some bogus claim about his computer slowing down due to virus, etc.
Activity: 86

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
check out this post in Ethereum thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4829119

quote from that post:

"Also please be aware that LeoC sent this message to me via a PM:

10 BTC and I'll remove my posts even though they are factual and won't make any more. 15 and I will change my tune and promote.

eMunie have already lost hundreds of BTC and were forced to cancel their IPO when I called them out here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-alert-emunie-caution-advised-411366

I was going to create a similar thread regarding Ethereum, unless you send the above amounts.

I'd suggest you think long and hard about this. Which would you prefer to lose, 10 BTC or 1000, your choice.

1C7MPUTTWQjinfbRcQtW6HAc4ips7wMuiJ"

address mentioned - 1C7MPUTTWQjinfbRcQtW6HAc4ips7wMuiJ - is the previous level coin funding address that was just changed suddenly without notice. I guess it's obvious now why it changed.

and here is what Level Coin wrote before to explain a sudden fundraiser address change:

Pre-Launch funding addresses:
BTC- 1Padc5wujXQamfR8r2Dig45BFh7SiT2AE4
LTC- LPn7WpdnZ3MSdDajbFMsJuVi44BeYEauKG

Did the funding address change?

https://blockchain.info/address/1Padc5wujXQamfR8r2Dig45BFh7SiT2AE4 shows 0 activity.

Yes, with the increased amount of senders these last couple of days I created a second wallet on a more secure computer.
The computer with the previous wallet begun to perform slower than usual and I feared it may have caught a virus. This was just a security measure.

This just gets more interesting and more interesting.
Why would LeoC want his hard earned (scammed) bitcoins going to someone elses bitcoin address? exactly Wink
I suspect a lot of people are going to be asking for their bitcoins back.

Also, from Kickstarters guidelines:

What is not allowed?

Creators cannot offer equity or financial incentives (ownership, share of profits, repayment/loans, cash-value equivalents, etc).

Projects cannot offer rewards in bulk quantities (more than 10).

Kickstarter cannot be used to fund websites or apps focused on e-commerce, business, and social networking.

Way to break this news right after I invest guys...
I'm worried about my BTC. That was a lot of money to me Undecided
Activity: 224
I think it is funny how the people are crying which are not invested in this coin. The story is getting really weird and I hope it has a good ending for the brave investors.
The PM of LeoC which was published in the Ethereum thread could be faked as well.
I think for a scam it’s just too obvious. We will see…

PM is not faked, LeoC even confirmed it:

Thanks for sharing this with us and I hope that you hit the report button on this scamster. It's like blackmail, only missing the threat of any actual dirty secrets.

It ain't FUD if what I said were FACTS. I gave the guy a chance to get rid of me but he didn't take it and instead decided to break the forum rules by posting a private message publicly. Ethereum will cost investors, miners, and just about everyone involved with the exception of the founders, their hard earned money. Turing complete = you open a contract then find your wallet missing. Instead of reassuring everyone that their money is safe, the idiotic dev decided to change the subject and use ad hominem. What does that tell you, because to me it sounds iffy lol. Who would want to invest in someone like that? Also as everyone has already been constantly mentioning, this IPO is rigged.

Invest with great care
Activity: 179
LeoC, welcome to Fuckoffville! Population: You.

No need for unpleasantries.   Wink

Always remember: "Every village needs an idiot."

It seems as though this project has now acquired one and can thus be inferred that you are on the road to success.

Well wishes to those doing the 'real work' over here to make the world a better place.

Cordially,
Peachy
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
LeoC, welcome to Fuckoffville! Population: You.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016
LeoC sent me pretty much the same PM as that and was attempting to blackmail me/eMunie for BTC also.

The guy is a crook, avoid him at all costs.

If you ever happen to meet him, do everyone a favor and break his fingers so he cant attempt to scam anyone else.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
check out this post in Ethereum thread:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4829119

quote from that post:

"Also please be aware that LeoC sent this message to me via a PM:

10 BTC and I'll remove my posts even though they are factual and won't make any more. 15 and I will change my tune and promote.

eMunie have already lost hundreds of BTC and were forced to cancel their IPO when I called them out here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/scam-alert-emunie-caution-advised-411366

I was going to create a similar thread regarding Ethereum, unless you send the above amounts.

I'd suggest you think long and hard about this. Which would you prefer to lose, 10 BTC or 1000, your choice.

1C7MPUTTWQjinfbRcQtW6HAc4ips7wMuiJ"

address included by LeoC in above message - 1C7MPUTTWQjinfbRcQtW6HAc4ips7wMuiJ - is the previous level coin funding address that was just changed suddenly without notice. I guess it's obvious now why it changed.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: LeoC is a known scammer, troll and blackmailer. He uses multiple accounts on BTT, and his opinions on subjects are not to be taken seriously because they change every week.

Whether or not he is the same guy as OP, or just teaming up with him, the fact that LeoC is the only real enthusiast in this thread, makes Levelcoin tick all the scam boxes in my book.
Activity: 102
I think it is funny how the people are crying which are not invested in this coin. The story is getting really weird and I hope it has a good ending for the brave investors.
The PM of LeoC which was published in the Ethereum thread could be faked as well.
I think for a scam it’s just too obvious. We will see…
The real question is, what is a viable generation block for the coin and did Levelcoin choose the best possible amounts for the burn and functionality of the coin?

I think you have 2 options for how to create the coin.

You can create a smaller burn value and lower initial investor distribution. So for instance 100 coins burned = L2 coin and initially instead of giving 150,000 coins / BTC, give 15,000. This keeps the amount of currency in circulation lower which for some makes the currency look more stable or legitimate. This would make an LTC investment equal to 425 L1 / LTC. I think that is an odd number and you should make the amounts something wholly burnable but this is just for numbers sake compared to Levelcoins amounts.

The other option is to increase the amount in order to attract the crazy Doge / Moon crowd who loves hoarding large amounts of currency. So instead of 150,000 / BTC you would give out 1,500,000. This would make a burn be 10,000 coins.

You would also have the ability to consider changing the dynamic as a whole. So for instance generate a larger or smaller currency, but still require a higher or lower burn amount. For instance make the initial payouts smaller, 15,000 and 425, but still require 1000 to burn, and then just make the burn rewards ROI faster / higher. So you get 15,000 / BTC initially and it costs 1,000 to burn to L2 but then L2 coins generate 50 coins per week, instead of 20.

All of this changes the dynamic and inner workings of the market but we have no whitepaper or charts / stats on if the current proposal is actually sound anyways. If the source is released for whatever coin is developed with this system, I am sure multiple altcoins would be generated that would play with these numbers anyways.

Any have any ideas on possible values, backed by math that would make more sense or be the most effective solution?
Definitely getting weird in here.

I am not a high roller or anything, but if someone were to get together a legitimate effort to build this coin, I would love to be involved. I think the idea is a lot of fun and could be a really unique coin to invest in. I'm not 100% sure what would happen long term in regards to whether the system is actually sustainable and there may be some sort of flaw we haven't realized yet, but it seems really fun either way.

I'm not sure why, if this is a scam, you would put out such a strong idea with so much information about the coin and how it would work when you could develop the coin for real and probably make a considerable amount of money by taking an initial stake for yourself instead.

I mean really, you would stand to make more money in the long run by actually developing the coin, making 3 or 4 fake investors, creating them 1 BTC investment wallets with 150,000 of the currency and just playing the market. I'm not a scammer and wouldn't do it myself, but I would think that taking the initial investments received, paying a coder to actually make the coin and release it, and then just hording your own in several legitimate looking accounts would get you pretty rich. Who knows, maybe that is what he is doing and why he can't show the code.
Activity: 655
I'm giving Levelcoin a go. All investments through IPO's are risky, and that's why the rewards can be massive. I'm seriously going to be putting my kids through college on the pocket change I invested in NXT. Sometimes you lose, and sometimes you win.

This guy looks worth a shot to me. LeoC is a known nut case who likes to spray crazy accusations to get attention.
Activity: 82
Oh and for newbies who just entered this thread.

99.9999999% SCAM!
Activity: 82
Whew.  Saved my BTC!  Hey guys, let me know if you guys get serious about making this coin real.  I really liked the idea.  Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
The best option is to outsource the project to a development firm because getting a dev here is quite risky too. I'm still waiting for response from the few firms I contacted. But I can't start any work until the deadline for funding is over and Levelcoin is confirmed as a scam IPO then we can start the development.
Pages:
Jump to: