Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] LiteBar (LTB) - Reborn - page 15. (Read 38019 times)

Activity: 128
Merit: 10
April 14, 2016, 09:31:16 PM
I think that litebar is better and getting more attention because its still mineable for a profit. I hope. while I could not mine litebar I went over and mined bitbar and each block only pays.1xxx so not profitable at currant price. and its been 3 days and the pool still wont let me take the bitbar's out.
Activity: 7
Merit: 502
April 14, 2016, 12:08:16 PM
Looks like the pool is down.

http://www.coinspool.ru/ltb/public
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
April 14, 2016, 09:15:16 PM
one thing that I think will hold this coin back is that you state bitbars little brother so now people will think that the price will need to be less then bitbar. this coin is a rare coin and I worry that this may have a negative impact on price once on exchanges. any thoughts on this??
I got the information for Litebar from earlier threads. 'the silver to bitbar's gold' and such.
I believe the original developers intended Bitbar to be 10 bitcoins squished together, and I assume, one Litebar is to be 10 litecoins squished together.

So not having anything else to on, I worded the OP and website information the way I did.

I could remove the 'little' part and say 'Bitbar has a brother - Litebar'

I actually have no preference, other than keeping them together, they play well off of each other, like silver and gold.
When talking (writing) about one, I always try and mention the other.

I've noticed a lot more interest and activity with Litebar that Bitbar.
Perhaps it is Bitbar that will be the 'little' brother - only time (and markets) will tell.
April 14, 2016, 08:32:32 PM
one thing that I think will hold this coin back is that you state bitbars little brother so now people will think that the price will need to be less then bitbar. this coin is a rare coin and I worry that this may have a negative impact on price once on exchanges. any thoughts on this??
Activity: 82
April 14, 2016, 01:03:43 PM
I've also been working on a LiteBar pool, but I wanted to make sure it was paying blocks properly before I announced it. (It is!) It's no frills, but it works.

Point your miners at:

-o stratum+tcp://ltb.somecoins.xyz:7111 -u -p x

Port 7111 is vardiff, you can also use port 7112 if you have a high hashrate or a rental and want a static diff of 8192. You can check out some minimal stats at http://ltb.somecoins.xyz.

Pool fee is 1% plus any network transaction fees. Blocks are paid out as soon as they mature, which seems to be ~75 confirmations at the moment. The more hash on the network the faster that'll go. :-)

Happy mining!

My bad, looks like 90 confirmations for blocks to mature at the moment, not 75.
Activity: 116
April 14, 2016, 12:52:20 PM
sorry. i`m drink alcohol Cheesy pool UP again. Happy mining.
Activity: 82
April 14, 2016, 12:22:55 PM
I've also been working on a LiteBar pool, but I wanted to make sure it was paying blocks properly before I announced it. (It is!) It's no frills, but it works.

Point your miners at:

-o stratum+tcp://ltb.somecoins.xyz:7111 -u -p x

Port 7111 is vardiff, you can also use port 7112 if you have a high hashrate or a rental and want a static diff of 8192. You can check out some minimal stats at http://ltb.somecoins.xyz.

Pool fee is 1% plus any network transaction fees. Blocks are paid out as soon as they mature, which seems to be ~75 ~90 confirmations at the moment. The more hash on the network the faster that'll go. Smiley

Happy mining!
April 14, 2016, 09:26:29 AM
This is from the bitbar thread:

Ok - simply put, a fork in the blockchain (the long ledger of transactions) can happen when two mining pools (as an example) find a bock at the same time.
Each block in the chain is made up of part of the previous block plus the batch of transactions.

for instance, the current block being 'mined' is #13550. this current block or records has three transactions in it. Let's say pool A and Pool B both find it to be a bonus block at the same time:

Pool 'A' takes some information from that block (#13550) and adds the new transaction it just made - for finding a bonus block - smashes it together to make a new block - we will call that block #13551

At the same time, Pool 'B' does the same thing - some stuff from block #13550 plus the transaction it just made for the block it found - smashes it together and puts it out as block #13551

these new blocks have to be verified (confirmed) several times. That's what the miners do, the crunch the numbers, make sure it all adds up - plus record checking stuff -  then passes it along.

So far, pool A being on the west coast doesn't know about transaction from pool B (maybe it's on the east coast?) and we now have two chains.

more in the next post

need 120 confirmation
pool is down last submitted share was 5:52an
April 14, 2016, 09:22:25 AM
part 2 from the bitbar thread:

This happens from time to time, but generally it gets fixed down the line in a block or two. the blocks in the chain get passed around like a 'hot - new mp3 of your favorite group" and eventually get handed to a mining rig to work on.

This is where I am still a little fuzzy on how the mining rigs find out about both transactions - but they do, and in most cases, the early bird get the worm, so to speak, and the looser becomes an orphan - if you have done any mining - you have undoubtedly ran into these.

On rare occasions, pool A sticks with it's fork, and pool B sticks with it's fork, and they just keep going until a transfer fails and all heck breaks loose.
-----------------------------------
The is another instance in which a blockchain becomes forked, and that's referred to as a 51% attack (although I don't think it always happens on purpose)

if pool A has 49% of the total hashing power, and pool B has 51%, pool B will, on average find more blocks - hence create more blocks, and pool A will simply fall behind.

I'm sure there are other circumstances that can cause a fork in the road, but once you have a punctured tire - who cares about the cause at the moment ?  that's for the dev team to work on so it doesn't happen again  Wink

now it's time for questions and corrections, feel free to add both!
thanks for the info
April 14, 2016, 02:58:07 AM

Ok - simply put, a fork in the blockchain (the long ledger of transactions) can happen when two mining pools (as an example) find a bock at the same time.
Each block in the chain is made up of part of the previous block plus the batch of transactions.

for instance, the current block being 'mined' is #13550. this current block or records has three transactions in it. Let's say pool A and Pool B both find it to be a bonus block at the same time:

Pool 'A' takes some information from that block (#13550) and adds the new transaction it just made - for finding a bonus block - smashes it together to make a new block - we will call that block #13551

At the same time, Pool 'B' does the same thing - some stuff from block #13550 plus the transaction it just made for the block it found - smashes it together and puts it out as block #13551

these new blocks have to be verified (confirmed) several times. That's what the miners do, the crunch the numbers, make sure it all adds up - plus record checking stuff -  then passes it along.

So far, pool A being on the west coast doesn't know about transaction from pool B (maybe it's on the east coast?) and we now have two chains.

more in the next post

need 120 confirmation
legendary
April 13, 2016, 10:20:30 PM
part 2 from the bitbar thread:

This happens from time to time, but generally it gets fixed down the line in a block or two. the blocks in the chain get passed around like a 'hot - new mp3 of your favorite group" and eventually get handed to a mining rig to work on.

This is where I am still a little fuzzy on how the mining rigs find out about both transactions - but they do, and in most cases, the early bird get the worm, so to speak, and the looser becomes an orphan - if you have done any mining - you have undoubtedly ran into these.

On rare occasions, pool A sticks with it's fork, and pool B sticks with it's fork, and they just keep going until a transfer fails and all heck breaks loose.
-----------------------------------
The is another instance in which a blockchain becomes forked, and that's referred to as a 51% attack (although I don't think it always happens on purpose)

if pool A has 49% of the total hashing power, and pool B has 51%, pool B will, on average find more blocks - hence create more blocks, and pool A will simply fall behind.

I'm sure there are other circumstances that can cause a fork in the road, but once you have a punctured tire - who cares about the cause at the moment ?  that's for the dev team to work on so it doesn't happen again  Wink

now it's time for questions and corrections, feel free to add both!
legendary
April 13, 2016, 10:19:07 PM

more in the next post
April 13, 2016, 10:02:34 PM
one moments

-----
Now Diff up to: 8-32784 Happy mining
how many confirms before litebar gets listed as confirmed on your pool. some blocks are 6hrs old and still not confirmed?   
April 13, 2016, 08:04:53 PM
now that I have some coins I through 50k dots on the vote. its not much but its what I mined while I couldn't mine litebar
April 13, 2016, 07:58:32 PM
so I don't understand how forks happen or what causes them can someone inform me. or a link to a good read on it.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2016, 06:09:37 PM
hashrate exploded!!! I'm happy to think that I mined it when it was forgotten  Grin Grin Grin
If this will continue,everyone will be rewarded
April 13, 2016, 05:58:28 PM
WoW !

Net Hashrate 1,274.65 MH/s

Difficulty 23.88808441

Keep an eye on the pool block count -vs- the block explorer: let's catch any chain forks early.

Thanks
(and good luck mining  Smiley )

Add my pool in 1st pots. Thx
April 13, 2016, 05:52:58 PM
E-mail confirmation not work yet. I fix this tomorrow
legendary
April 13, 2016, 05:26:12 PM
WoW !

Net Hashrate 1,274.65 MH/s

Difficulty 23.88808441

Keep an eye on the pool block count -vs- the block explorer: let's catch any chain forks early.

Thanks
(and good luck mining  Smiley )

April 13, 2016, 04:55:09 PM
one moments

-----
Now Diff up to: 8-32784 Happy mining
thanks awesome the pool is working great thanks again
Pages:
Jump to: