Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin. Launched! - page 15. (Read 1466359 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!

I've been getting messages that the Litecoin Blockchain Card is available. This is directly linked through the below links in order off of the Litecoin Foundation site.

(See below links..follow the links below to get to the announcement)

https://litecoin-foundation.org/ Litecoin Foundation Site

https://litecoin-foundation.org/latest-news/ Litecoin Foundation News

https://litecoin-foundation.org/the-litecoin-foundation-partners-with-ternio-to-release-the-litecoin-card/ Release Ternio Litecoin Card.

https://litecoin-card.com/ Ternio link to sign up for the Litecoin Card.

quote.

The Litecoin Foundation has announced, with global fintech company Ternio, the rolling out its latest white-label card with the Litecoin Foundation. The Litecoin Card is a crypto debit card, allowing users to load it with Litecoin and spend it at one of over 50 million merchants worldwide

unquote.

OK...so the catch is, I keep getting emails (not SPAM I asked to be informed) saying that I CAN now use the service. Yet when I get into the service it says

it is not available yet. This is in the USA. So anyone else have any luck, or is this just some kinda 'glitch' to keep me in spam suspense until they release

this Litecoin Blockchain Card by Ternio? I mean one or two is fine..but probably have gotten 5 ploddings to update my account to use such...and again

account says 'coming soon!'

Thanks

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
That's awesome news! Is there a guide anywhere on how to get started swapping BTC/LTC?
Activity: 70
Merit: 14
Don't forget : NOT YOUR KEYS, NOT YOUR COINS !

And since a while, it's now possible to trade BTC/LTC instantly using both lightning networks with this dex :

you can check the order book here : https://orderbook.stakenet.io/LTC_BTC

Isn't it cool ? With this dex, it's your keys...  
Activity: 790
Merit: 251
Happy 9th birthday Litecoin!  

I'm a little late, but i can't miss to wish a borderless payment solution. Personally i give first priority to 3 cryptocurrencies for sending borderless payment. That's BTC, LTC, USDT.

Yes i meant litecointalk : https://litecointalk.io/
I took a look there and seems mining board isn't active too. This is strange!
I see litecoin Forum for first time. But, not too Active.
Litecoin is 9 years old, a coin that was born after bitcoin and thrives to this day. I am also very interested in this coin but I don't pay attention to the operation of this litecointalk forum.
Activity: 352
Merit: 104
SquidCoin.cash

I'm a little late, but i can't miss to wish a borderless payment solution. Personally i give first priority to 3 cryptocurrencies for sending borderless payment. That's BTC, LTC, USDT.

LTC is one of the most popular coins for transfers between exchanges and users. This is due to the low fees and fast transaction speed. The coin is still very popular with miners and is in demand on the market.
Activity: 551
Merit: 4

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1474
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃
Just for know: today there isn' t an asic profitable for this coin. Innosilicon A6+ is in lose with 8c$ for kw. Who mine this coin and why?

Do you ask if Litecoin mining is still profitable? The answer is Yes. If you have the right setup (low electricity cost + a cool environment + profitable machines) it's still profitable to mine it. As the blockchain for litecoin is still maintained, there should be enough miners to keep it up and they surely generate profit from it. Try to check the mining board in the Litecoin forum mentioned in op for better understanding where you can find the right responses to your technical asks. There is no board here in bitcointalk for altcoin mining afaik.

Happy 9th birthday Litecoin
It' s very strange. With 5c$/kw the only miner profitable is the A6+ that cost 3000$ and a profit of 1.55$/day. A roe of 6 years. How is the litecoin forum? Ltctlk.org?

You're right. I searched about the mining stuff and by doing calculations, seems it isn't profitable anymore.
Then who is actually doing mining and confirming transactions in the litecoin network !? Maybe just old miners who still use old machines.

copper member
Clueless!
Just for know: today there isn' t an asic profitable for this coin. Innosilicon A6+ is in lose with 8c$ for kw. Who mine this coin and why?

Do you ask if Litecoin mining is still profitable? The answer is Yes. If you have the right setup (low electricity cost + a cool environment + profitable machines) it's still profitable to mine it. As the blockchain for litecoin is still maintained, there should be enough miners to keep it up and they surely generate profit from it. Try to check the mining board in the Litecoin forum mentioned in op for better understanding where you can find the right responses to your technical asks. There is no board here in bitcointalk for altcoin mining afaik.

It' s very strange. With 5c$/kw the only miner profitable is the A6+ that cost 3000$ and a profit of 1.55$/day. A roe of 6 years. How is the litecoin forum? Ltctlk.org?

the litecointalk forum is still about

litecointalk.io

by the by.....the litecoinfoundaion's site with the LITEBRINGER RPG game on LTC blockchain ...well, it really, really, really sucks big time..sad to say

check it out yourself

https://litecoin-foundation.org/latest-news/

other than that I'm befuddled on LTC progress.....compared to other coins it seems fairly lame for years

Brad

Activity: 813
Merit: 65

copper member
Activity: 132

Congratulations to the Litecoin community and team! 9 years of existence is already a solid age for cryptocurrency!
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1474
🔃EN>>AR Translator🔃

Activity: 1148
Merit: 104
Activity: 70
Merit: 14
Did you try the XSN lightning DEX LTC/BTC pair? What do you think about decentralized p2p trading on lightning?

Once off-chain it’s really fast, however first, there needs to be 3 on-chain confirmations...
Activity: 813
Merit: 65
Activity: 12
i am surprised that news about privacy testing did not affect the price of this Litecoin coin. a must be a rocket!
Activity: 1276
Merit: 622
Not sure who will read this and whether or not it gets to the right people but I am posting this out there. Can you fork Litecoin to have infinite coins? Then put Litecoin back on the original reward level and stop halving altogether. Current governments can print money as they see fit and burn money as they see fit. Digital currencies are digital and will only run out based on computers capable of handling them. If you need to control/limit the amount of coins on the network, you can "fork" and reduce the reward level to limit the number of new coins while the system catches up(ideally, system should never need to catch up for any reason).

Same concept can be applied to all of the other coins. The most resilient and efficient coins will survive.

Real question, how long do you need to keep track of transaction history? Do you really need a transaction that happened 10 years ago in the database? If you do, is this a limitation on the performance of Litecoin?

Disclaimer: This is only an idea and thought. I won't and wouldn't know how to argue pros and cons.

1. Sure you can make a fork and start 'printing free coins'. But as soon as you do it, you break the rules of the original chain. And so you cannot put them back into the original. The only way to 'unfork' is to discard one chain completely. You will have to convince the entire world, that your chain is the right one. Good luck Smiley If this was possible, all coins would be worthless, because everyone could just create them for free.

2. Old transactions are not really a performance issue. More of a storage issue. But yes, there is a lot going on around this. You don't need all the transactions. In fact what an active node needs is a chainstate or UTXO set (unspent transaction outputs) that is the result of all the transactions from previous blocks. Think of it like a ballance sheet or 'spendable coins'. The process of removing old transactions is called transaction pruning. Look it up.
Activity: 666
Merit: 516
Fuck BlackRock
Not sure who will read this and whether or not it gets to the right people but I am posting this out there. Can you fork Litecoin to have infinite coins? Then put Litecoin back on the original reward level and stop halving altogether. Current governments can print money as they see fit and burn money as they see fit. Digital currencies are digital and will only run out based on computers capable of handling them. If you need to control/limit the amount of coins on the network, you can "fork" and reduce the reward level to limit the number of new coins while the system catches up(ideally, system should never need to catch up for any reason).

Same concept can be applied to all of the other coins. The most resilient and efficient coins will survive.

Real question, how long do you need to keep track of transaction history? Do you really need a transaction that happened 10 years ago in the database? If you do, is this a limitation on the performance of Litecoin?

Disclaimer: This is only an idea and thought. I won't and wouldn't know how to argue pros and cons.

I mine TBX everyday and there is no upper limit on it.
Activity: 1

copper member
Clueless!

Well, Mimblewimble seems to be in test phase as of today (this month) 10/1/2020! (That was a pleasant surprise...I was more than a bit cynical

that boat would float, in 2020. Smiley

Also a new Blockchain RPG Game with LTC at the core, according to the Litecoin Foundation, I just found out about today. I am currently downloading the game.

It gives you an LTC Address and Private Key for the mLTC you will be tossing about in the Game. Below is the Litecoin Foundation page with the link.

https://litecoin-foundation.org/latest-news/

Here is a www.youtube.com video from I think February 2020 on an Alpha 'look' at this LiteBringer Game, the link is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0r0KF4ulA0

Again, right now it is downloading (in game I guess) the LTC blockchain as I type this. Would be 'great' if it was a 'decent' game to promote Litecoin!

Now if they would get that Litecoin Bank Card they have promoted on the Litecoin Foundation my entire 'skeptic' persona on this thread will be killed with

a stake though my heart! (Just saying, nothing suceeds like sucess!) Well, I'll post what I think of this LiteBringer RPG Game....please do the same on this

thread. Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: