Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Lyrabar - A rare bar with Lyra2REv2 algorithm, 0.9.1 is out! [CPU/GPU PoW] - page 5. (Read 67654 times)

legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
What LYB miners think about block finder bonus? Would a block finder bonus attract people to the official pool? Why I'm asking, this feature is available in the poolserver and I'd like to try it out. I bet it might interest miners with lower hashrates.

Can you make sure the password rest options work on the pool

http://lyrabarpool.duckdns.org/index.php?page=password

I have not been able to log back in
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
The precious bar
What LYB miners think about block finder bonus? Would a block finder bonus attract people to the official pool? Why I'm asking, this feature is available in the poolserver and I'd like to try it out. I bet it might interest miners with lower hashrates.
The precious bar
Any efforts being put in to getting Lyrabar on another exchange? yobit, bleutrade, bitt, polo....

Cheers!

After last updates, I've contacted Cryptopia, but no response this far. I might contact Yobit, Bleutrade and Poloniex. I don't also know is LYB still at votelist on Cryptsy.
LYB was at start at Alcurex, EmpoEx and Bittrex in last winter but too low volume in BTC dropped it off those exchanges.
C-CEX is the only exchange what have stayed while there have been couple of times risk of delisting.
If a delisting one time happens, I'll put own exchange at least with BTC and LTC pairs, would be fun to run official one! My style is like "I want to know how stuff works that interests me, and can I have one." That's why I don't run out of ideas that can be accomplished with Lyrabar project. I've been also thinking of a web wallet, payment gateways and other basic features Lyrabar can get to make it earsier to use and adopt.

For everyones information, LYB was listed at coinmarketcap at 204th place last week just because of the past activity at C-CEX, did not see higher place though. Good work traders!

And some news,

The official poolserver also have been working great after the update, the response time is much faster in stratum and in the frontend. In future I might switch Node.js Stratum to Python Stratum if can squeeze more performance out of the poolserver.

Since the algorithm switch, I've been working on wallet fixes and improvements, BitcoinJ forking and Android Wallet based on latest Schildbach's KGW supported version at the moment, so I have much work to do!

I'll also bring a new IRC bot for us that is not as sophisticated as the earlier provided by drew, but this is just temporary action I'm going to do. Will maybe develop the bot a bit when have some extra time, but it will serve at least for the basic needs!

Feel free to drop some thoughts at the official IRC channel  Smiley

EDIT: This obviously is my 100th posted message at Bitcointalk forums. This far I have been very glad about acceptance towards presenting my work Lyrabar in here, this is my hobby I like, and I've been taking this seriously. At least this project have not been pressed flat this far, like many other projects in here. Lyrabar is my vision of a alternative cryptocurrency, hearing the community's voice in the steps of the developement.
Thank you for reading this thread Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
Any efforts being put in to getting Lyrabar on another exchange? yobit, bleutrade, bitt, polo....

Cheers!
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Can anyone else confirm this transaction?  My wallet says it's sent, but the block explorer doesn't show it in the receiving address or the transaction ID:

Date: 12/7/2015 16:43
To: LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE
Debit: -1509.40772667 LYB
Transaction fee: -0.025 LYB
Net amount: -1509.43272667 LYB
Transaction ID: 5340dd8eddca7ec39551f260cac442b1e0ab9d32f464ecbd505a36dd9fde2fc2
So is it safe to say that with the Barr burn address - there is 302,000 less LYB on the market?

320,000 permanently off the market, so far.

Does this mean they will continue to purchase LYB creating more demand?

That's the plan, until December 30th, but we don't have unlimited BTC.  Ideally, other people who want BARR will also show up to buy LYB.

After December 30th we will stop exchanging LYB, and Lyrabar will continue as normal with a reduced supply and hopefully a continued higher price.  Unless 100% of people trade their coins for BARR, in which case LYB will be fully swapped-over to a different coin.  But that is extremely unlikely.

Where can I get Barr and what exchange is it on?  Just curious?

It's only traded on the decentralized NXT Asset Exchange, which operates on the NXT blockchain.  The market is accessed through the NXT wallet, but you can also use SecureAE.com for an online wallet/exchange. 

It's possible that BARR could be traded on regular altcoin exchanges in the future, but it can never be delisted from the NXT Asset Exchange as long as NXT is still running.  A decentralized exchange is ideal for crypto, especially since your coins remain in your address even while they're on sell orders. 

For details about BARR, see our ANN:   https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-barr-the-only-cryptocurrency-where-no-ones-ever-lost-money-1219460
legendary
Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002
So is it safe to say that with the Barr burn address - there is 302,000 less LYB on the market?  Does this mean they will continue to purchase LYB creating more demand?  Where can I get Barr and what exchange is it on?  Just curious?
The precious bar
I've added Lyrabar with new Lyra2rev2 Algo to Suprnova:

https://lyb.suprnova.cc

Would be cool to see some miners.

Added to the first post
The precious bar

Hopefully the the burn address encrypted wallet file and its backups really are both destroyed to prevent someone just taking coins out of that burn address someday.

No, this burn address has no known private key and is considered unspendable.

If you use an explorer with advanced details, or in console you can use command getrawtransaction, you will see that the address hashes to a string of zeroes.

This burn address will work the same for any QT wallet of the same version.  Here is a link with a list of unspendable burn addresses, and the one we're using for Lyrabar is on the list:

http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses

Excellent! Thanks for clarifying this out  Smiley

Hopefully the the burn address encrypted wallet file and its backups really are both destroyed to prevent someone just taking coins out of that burn address someday.

No, this burn address has no known private key and is considered unspendable.

If you use an explorer with advanced details, or in console you can use command getrawtransaction, you will see that the address hashes to a string of zeroes.

This burn address will work the same for any QT wallet of the same version.  Here is a link with a list of unspendable burn addresses, and the one we're using for Lyrabar is on the list:

http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses
Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

1 miner pointed,

Thank you OC
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Activity: 532
Better die on your feet, than live on your knees
What is the new window that opens when you access this site http://lyrabarpool.duckdns.org

AVAST goes nuts, but the pool page is fine.
The precious bar
The official pool have been upgraded to avoid issues with frontend because of the resource limitations we had with the old server.
I constantly follow pool to ensure it works like it should. There was a issue with memcached I've solved now and will not face it anymore, frontend and statistics should work now!  Smiley
Happy mining!

Feel free to drop a message in this thread if the official pool is not satisfying your needs.
The precious bar
I have inlcuded the LYB burn address LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE in the new blockchain explorer to see how much coins people have sent coins for burning.

There have been some transactions, are they showing up on your explorer yet?

Red label appears now in the address name, I see 320k "burnt" LYB, which seemingly are from big wallets when looking to the input sizes: http://lyrabarchain.duckdns.org/address/LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE

Hopefully the the burn address encrypted wallet file and its backups really are both destroyed to prevent someone just taking coins out of that burn address someday. I'll be following this burning, so I know whats up.
I have inlcuded the LYB burn address LKDxGDJq5fF4FohAB8zJH24mDDNHDNtqsE in the new blockchain explorer to see how much coins people have sent coins for burning.

There have been some transactions, are they showing up on your explorer yet?
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
difficulty getting very high, didn't find a block (with 3MH/s) in 2 days
at least price being parabolic for this fair coin
Pages:
Jump to: