Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU - page 32. (Read 154480 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Would be nice if someone would team up with the dev and bring this coin a bit forward, the dev seems to be very quiet Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
@ girino

Using GTX 670 was getting about 835 kH/s but it brought my system to a crawl. I had to stop it for now but will run it when I leave for work.

Good job on it.

EDIT: Works fine for the GTX670 but it is stuck at "Initializing Device: Oland" for my R7 250 (I know it aint worth much to mine, but I have all the other cards somewhere else). Just get a flashing cursor.
Activity: 168
Looks like there error message for the "-f" parameter accidentally calls it "-d".

The OpenCL code looks based on the SPH implementation.  Is that the case?

sorry, i changed -d to -f to use -d for "device", but forgot the error.

About the code, it is a "pruned" SPH  code (removed all that was not used, removed all possible forks and loops, etc). I tried the reference implementation for shavite (the slower one) but could not make it compatible with the code from xptminer/SPH (for some reason hashes were always different, no matter what i did, even the "init" held different initial values). So i just gave up on other implementations and assumed they had changed something in the SPH for metiscoin. Metis "looks" vaguely like "fugue", but after the lack of success with shavite i didn't even try to use another implementation.

Ha!  I ran into that as well!
Apparently as part of round 2 of the SHA-3 competition some of the submitted algorithms had a few tweaks.  I don't think SPH is using the "correct" version, so using reference code results in "incorrect" results.

BTW, before releasing the GPU miner I was thinking to port back my optimizations to the CPU version, do you think it's still worth it? My code was so slow on my GPU that i thought CPU mining would still be possible. What do you think?

I think it'd totally be worth it from a development point of view.  I'll make optimizing the code way easier, especially considering the "debugging" tools for OpenCL.
I actually pushed a few new optimizations to my CPU miner fork today.  Feel free to check them out: https://github.com/llamasoft/xptminer-linux/commits/master

Also, as far as the metis/fugue thing goes, I'm almost 100% certain they're the same.  The original source even calls it "fugue" in the comments.

I'll drop you a message sometime tomorrow.  I've got some optimizations I want to test out with the GPU code that I'll share with you.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1170
Advertise Here - PM for more info!
well, i left this open for quite a while now. The gpu is already initialized, and now it says "connected to server using x.pushtrough xpt protocol". But it reports no activity, it's frozen there. Is this supposed to take that long too ? thanks and sorry for the insistance, i just want to know if i am doing sth wrong.  Huh

Now this happens when the server is unreachable (it says connected, but is actually connecting). Are you behind a firewall???

I have the default windows firewall, already created an exception for the miner, but nothing yet  Sad

Are you running with the default "example.bat"? If so, just remove the "-o localhost" option, since it is trying to connect to your own machine and not a pool. Sorry for that, I use an SSH tunnel to connect to the pool behind my firewalls and this config "leaked" into the example.bat.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
The quick fix that i applied today made me reduce the worksize from 0x80000 to 0x8000, which will introduce a HUUUUGE latency in faster cards. I'm working on a solution for this just about now.

Ok, NEW VERSION OF GPU MINER RELEASED! Fixed the "0x8000" worksize, so the speed drops might stop for now, and should be a little bit faster!

Linux and Mac OSX binaries also available! (Windows, of course, still available).

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2wv2awwgebpdo0m/STzOU5tlXa

source code: https://github.com/girino/xptMiner

Hope you enjoy!

well, i left this open for quite a while now. The gpu is already initialized, and now it says "connected to server using x.pushtrough xpt protocol". But it reports no activity, it's frozen there. Is this supposed to take that long too ? thanks and sorry for the insistance, i just want to know if i am doing sth wrong.  Huh

Now this happens when the server is unreachable (it says connected, but is actually connecting). Are you behind a firewall???

I have the default windows firewall, already created an exception for the miner, but nothing yet  Sad
legendary
Looks like there error message for the "-f" parameter accidentally calls it "-d".

About the code, it is a "pruned" SPH  code (removed all that was not used, removed all possible forks and loops, etc). I tried the reference implementation for shavite (the slower one) but could not make it compatible with the code from xptminer/SPH (for some reason hashes were always different, no matter what i did, even the "init" held different initial values). So i just gave up on other implementations and assumed they had changed something in the SPH for metiscoin. Metis "looks" vaguely like "fugue", but after the lack of success with shavite i didn't even try to use another implementation.

Apparently as part of round 2 of the SHA-3 competition some of the submitted algorithms had a few tweaks.  I don't think SPH is using the "correct" version, so using reference code results in "incorrect" results.

BTW, before releasing the GPU miner I was thinking to port back my optimizations to the CPU version, do you think it's still worth it? My code was so slow on my GPU that i thought CPU mining would still be possible. What do you think?
legendary

Well, the previous submissions to sha3 are also public. Do you think they'll work? What about "metis" hash? is it really "fugue" or has the dev for metiscoin made something new?

legendary
The quick fix that i applied today made me reduce the worksize from 0x80000 to 0x8000, which will introduce a HUUUUGE latency in faster cards. I'm working on a solution for this just about now.

Ok, NEW VERSION OF GPU MINER RELEASED! Fixed the "0x8000" worksize, so the speed drops might stop for now, and should be a little bit faster!

Linux and Mac OSX binaries also available! (Windows, of course, still available).

Hope you enjoy!

Activity: 27

Hope you enjoy!

I have tried using OS X, Windows and Linux. Everything is going great. Thank you!

Hope you enjoy!

legendary

Hope you enjoy!
legendary
I'm getting ~14200kH/s on two 7970s although the reported hash rate goes  down to like <4000kH after a few mins of running. That said, the reported shares on ypool stay around 726.9121 /h so it seems to be working correctly regardless. Nice work Smiley

hum, might be some integer overflow. I don't think the original xptminer was intended to run that fast Wink
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I'm getting ~14200kH/s on two 7970s although the reported hash rate goes  down to like <4000kH after a few mins of running. That said, the reported shares on ypool stay around 726.9121 /h so it seems to be working correctly regardless. Nice work Smiley
legendary

i have a Nvidia GTX 560 SSC, can it be used with this gpu miner ?

Probably yes. This is an OpenCL miner, so it works on virtually any GPU (And also with some CPUs). Just try it out and report the results.

well i just opened, and it's stuck at "initializing device", i left it for a while hoping it would start sometime but it's still there, any idea why ?

The code for the hashes is quite complex, so it takes a lot of time to compile on some cards (specially AMD). I had to wait up to 20 minutes on one of the test machines...

yep, you're right, right about now it says initialized and it's connecting to server, i'll tell you how it goes in a while
legendary

Probably yes. This is an OpenCL miner, so it works on virtually any GPU (And also with some CPUs). Just try it out and report the results.

well i just opened, and it's stuck at "initializing device", i left it for a while hoping it would start sometime but it's still there, any idea why ?

The code for the hashes is quite complex, so it takes a lot of time to compile on some cards (specially AMD). I had to wait up to 20 minutes on one of the test machines...

legendary

gpu on metiscoin? wtf.. how big is the different compared to cpu then?

Well, I was expecting people would report performance here. For now the only i know is amd 6970 runs at 4700 kh/s (could be 5300 if i figure out a way around those 0x8000 cycles, maybe tomorrow)

I think there is a bug with the readout?  My hashrate keeps decreasing from 45,000khash (6x R9 290) down to 400khash..  Shave value on ypool stays the same though.

Pages:
Jump to: