Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [Metiscoin] [MTS] Unique algorithm | NO PREMINE| NEW POOL! CPU/GPU - page 41. (Read 154480 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
It seems ypool is the only one finding blocks oO

Is that the case or am I reading their stats the wrong way ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I took the time to finally get xptMiner to compile with GCC for Windows.
It was a nightmare for me, but what does that mean for you?  Christmas may have come early.

I've compiled my optimized code for each of the following architectures: generic, core2, corei7, corei7-avx, k8, k8-sse3, and barcelona (k10).

The Windows x64 binaries are available from here:
https://mega.co.nz/#F!YsZSHYKA!IC8LK_MBGwqC-gWOpO7zoQ
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wtxvxvkirxax2vj/9P_Rxb9V1y (dropbox mirror)

Use whichever corresponds to your processor architecture.

If you're unsure, here's a quick guide based on your CPU manufacturer and age:
Intel: [Older] core2 -> corei7 -> corei7-avx [Newer]
AMD: [Older] k8 -> k8-sse3 -> barcelona (k10) [Newer]
Worst case scenario, use generic.

I will not be releasing any 32-bit builds.  "High performance 32-bit" is an oxymoron.

Let me know what sort of improvements you see!
Some builds may be slightly slower than the stock jh00 miner.  It all depends on your CPU.

I've added another 5-10% optimization to the code and hopefully fixed the issue with AMD builds.
It seems that mingw-gcc thinks that AMD processors don't support SSE, so it left them disabled.  I've fixed that.

The code optimizations have been pushed to the github repo.
The new binaries have been uploaded. (same URLs)

More good news!  I've added support for more processor architectures!
I've added support for core-avx-i (ivybridge), core-avx2 (haswell / 4th gen i7), bdver1 (Bulldozer), and bdver2 (Piledriver).

Also, the optimized miner now has it's own thread:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annmtc-high-performance-cpu-miner-for-metiscoin-linux-windows-436583
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
WTS 10 MTC for 0.02 BTC Smiley
The ypool miner is faster than the normal wallet miner.

I don't imagine that many people are solo mining now, so unless someone creates a gpu miner I doubt solo mining speeds will get any better.

Hi SP4RK7,

thanks for the reply ! I'd make around 8 coins per day on ypool so i'll try solo for a few days and see what I get...
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000
What do you guys think of poloniex.com ?
I paniced when i saw the prive dif. on Cryptsy/poloniex.com later to realize it was due to the low amout of trust and trades.

I've successfully sold a few hundred and withdrawn BTC. Beyond that, I wouldn't keep too much there.
Activity: 7
What do you guys think of poloniex.com ?
I paniced when i saw the prive dif. on Cryptsy/poloniex.com later to realize it was due to the low amout of trust and trades.
Activity: 294
I started mining this coin with one of my servers (ubuntu) on ypool and soon found a block in less than 7 hours so I decided to try some solo mining.

With the xptminer I was getting 1500khash/sec and with the official miner I only get 958khash/sec so about 30% less.
Is this because the ypool miner is more optimized ? Bad optimization on my side ?

Cheers

The ypool miner is faster than the normal wallet miner.

I don't imagine that many people are solo mining now, so unless someone creates a gpu miner I doubt solo mining speeds will get any better.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
I'm a newbie in cryptocurrencies, and I am trying to make sense of the claims that this coin will be valuable.

Original announcement:
"50 coins per block
Reward halves every 810,000 blocks"

Client now says the block is at 24172.

That means there are 1208600 coins out there.

It might seems as a valuable coin for those that presently don't even manage to mine one coin in 24 hours. But there are others sitting on more than a million coins?

How much of those coins were generated early, for instance the first two days of the coins existence?

I don't know if this block explorer is genuine, but I guess that it can be used to answer such a question for those that know more:

http://109.230.230.110/mtc/

It seems to me, though I don't know how to prove it, that a very large proportion of the coins were generated early.

The coin's difficulty went up quickly when it was launched. I was on the coin the moment it came out. With 65 4 core desktops and a few servers I managed to get 20,000 or so. The rest I have is from Ypool. I think coin distribution is really good. When the coin came out there was only the source and the windows/linux wallets. Beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

I started mining this coin with one of my servers (ubuntu) on ypool and soon found a block in less than 7 hours so I decided to try some solo mining.

With the xptminer I was getting 1500khash/sec and with the official miner I only get 958khash/sec so about 30% less.
Is this because the ypool miner is more optimized ? Bad optimization on my side ?

Cheers
Activity: 13
I'm a newbie in cryptocurrencies, and I am trying to make sense of the claims that this coin will be valuable.

Original announcement:
"50 coins per block
Reward halves every 810,000 blocks"

Client now says the block is at 24172.

That means there are 1208600 coins out there.

It might seems as a valuable coin for those that presently don't even manage to mine one coin in 24 hours. But there are others sitting on more than a million coins?

How much of those coins were generated early, for instance the first two days of the coins existence?

I don't know if this block explorer is genuine, but I guess that it can be used to answer such a question for those that know more:

http://109.230.230.110/mtc/

It seems to me, though I don't know how to prove it, that a very large proportion of the coins were generated early.
Activity: 434
Activity: 4
Guys, poloniex paying or not?
Activity: 518
are there any other pools? if ypool is the only one, someone's gonna try to fork the coin soon

There is another mining pool:

P2pool node is LIVE:

http://94.23.26.37:11098/

Command line:

minerd -a metis -o http://94.23.26.37:11098/ -u MetiscoinAddress -p x

Fee - 0%
Activity: 50
are there any other pools? if ypool is the only one, someone's gonna try to fork the coin soon
Activity: 42
maybe 1 mtc = 8-10 $
Activity: 238
hehe yeaa this coin will skyrocket
Activity: 151
The difficulty is very high, I dig 24 hours, less than 1. Good, waiting for appreciation.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Man its difficult to mine now and I only got so little....damn.

I am going to hold this coin for sure.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
Yay the prices are going to skyrocket soon. Ima hoard half of my MTC at the least ^_^ Best alt coin yet
Activity: 204

stratum faster than xpt?

No idea there, last miner I tried wouldn't submit any shares.
Pages:
Jump to: