Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 189. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Most ops start a pool "coz it's cool" and want 5 minutes of fame... as we say in the MPOS chan, "Starting a pool is easy but running a pool is a tough job!".

You just ruin my dream making my own pool!  Grin Grin Grin
Merit: 250
Nut, those statistics can be so easy manipulated, you know they are completly worthless?

They also dont reflect some changes you do regarding vardiff and other stratum settings, sure you can configure them so that they do, its just not worth the work, the result in coins is the same. There are differences between the pools, but you cant see them in the statistics.
Activity: 364
Wasn't taking it personal at all. Sorry if my reply seemed defensive wasn't the intention.

Just thought it would be worthwhile pointing out that actually, very few pool ops are scammers. They often get in over their head and break the DB or fail to appreciate the size of servers needed to run a large pool then have it all collapse around them but they don't intentionally scam people.

Most ops start a pool "coz it's cool" and want 5 minutes of fame... as we say in the MPOS chan, "Starting a pool is easy but running a pool is a tough job!".

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Thanks for explaining the share types, I had no idea what PPLNS was different to the other types. Good to know!
Nutnut again, please dont take it personal, i had to write disclaimer earlier, just saw person, who may give me professional answers  Wink
Thank you for your explanations! Cheers!
I wonder, is it possible to make fake statistics on pool? And how to check it out?

Most pool ops value their reputation more than a few coins scraped from the miners. We (nut2pools) make our money on fees. That's why we charge them so we don't need to steal to fund our infrastructure as running a pool is EXPENSIVE (VPS is a no go - we have 6 dedi's atm). Couldn't realistically do that with out a fee....  

Me personally, I'm part of the feathercoin core dev team, part of the MPOS unofficial dev team (more so in the early days), I was one of the first ops to run MPOS pools and did untold testing (oh - and I named it!). I'm also a chan op in the official MPOS irc channel and have shared beers with a few of the "crypto celebs" (who shall remain nameless). Do you think I would risk my rep for a few extra coin?  neither would most Ops...

So - in answer to your question - yes it is. Anything is possible... would be a REAL PITA to do... and it wouldn't take long for the miners to find you out!

Edit - There's all kinds of stats available on the pool - have a dig around and ensure it all tallies up with your miners/expectations. Wink
Activity: 140
★ BitClave ICO: 08/11/17 ★

Oh boy.... here we go....  Grin

Helpful?

Very helpful indeed!  Im sure myself and other relatively new miners appreciate the explanation.  Smiley
I wonder, is it possible to make fake statistics on pool? And how to check it out?
Dont take it personal anyone, it dont tied with any pool or coin, just curious and we have good teacher here to explain  Wink
With Nfactor and Jane scrypts actual profit is hardly predictable.. Also even IF you calculate average income (MRC/hour with your average speed Mh/s in your wallet) you cant COMPARE it with others  Grin

So, maybe someone start making .XLS file gathering statistic from users of different pools who mine MRC and/or other coins?  Roll Eyes

PS why noone comment my MRC logo concept?  Shocked It so awful??  Cheesy
Hey guys an gals.... Just a quick post to explain the significance of the blocks page...

Extremely useful information, thanks for this.  I had assumed that was what the figures represented, but did not know for certain.

This sort of information is extremely useful to new miners.  Also important not to look at individual blocks, but take an average overall.  At least then you can see that you are getting a good, fair and stable return for your hash power.

Next up, what the heck does PPLNS and other ways of splitting up the shares/blocks mean? Smiley

Oh boy.... here we go....  Grin

PPS

You get Paid Per Share. As you can see from the pools page, at present the estimated shares per round are 8184. so we simply take the block reward (to keep it simple we'll pretend the reward happens to 8184) and divide it by the number of shares to give a per share value.

Block size 8184/expected shares per block (8184) = 1 mrc per share.

Then every share you submit you get 1mrc regardless of whether a block is found or not. The risk is ALLon the pool op. When that number is green, the pool wins, red and the miners win. VERY risky for OPs and usually high fees (My pps pool also paid orphans!)

PPLNS

Difficult to describe in an easy to understand mannner but the block is dived amongst all miners but with a delay of x shares. The idea is that pool hoppers cant wait for a new round and then swing all their rigs in hoping to get a lucky round in. PPLNS pools have a ramp up period of say 25000 shares... you wont get fully paid untill you have submitted 25000 shares. You'll see dribs and drabs but you wont get you full reward until you pass the 25000 mark. N00b miners usually scream scammer at this point. Grin  YOU DO GET PAID FOR EVERYTHING. Once you stop mining on a PPLNS pool, you payouts will continue until your 25000 buffer is used up. It basically skews the rounds. (disclaimer: not 100% technically accurate but for the sake of simplicity.....)

PROP

very simply, every block that gets found get's divided amongst the miners based on the percentage of shares they submitted that round. It's what we run so you guys get paid quickly and don't have to wait for ramp-ups. At the round end, the shares are reset to 0 and you all start again. This is the best kind of pool to mine on (second to PPS but they are rare nowadays) if you switch pools/coins frequently.

They are the 3 main ones - the others are all tweaks based on the same. Coinotron for instance run RBPPS which is PPS but only pays at the end of the round and doesn't pay orphans. You still get the same amount as straight PPS but you have to wait a little.

Helpful?

Activity: 40
I have created an image using Ubuntu. It works way better than BATM and SMOS which have lots of modifications. I can share it if anyone is interested. It is ubuntu with the latest ATI drives and everything need to start mining scrypt or pretty much any other crypto as long as there is linux miner for it Smiley.

The image installation is extremely easy though. The only thing you will need to learn is basic command line and that is all. Will be happy to make image for linux mining with microCoin linux miner if the devs release that.

It will be nice to have both CPU and GPU miners for linux but probably the GPU productivity will get too low until miner is released Sad.

Will keep monitoring this threat for any updates.
I run my miners on windows, as I have about zero experience with linux and when I did get it installed, I couldn't figure out how to get mining software running on it, so gave up.  Installed windows and was up and running in half an hour.

Must spend some more time playing with linux to figure it out, but spare time is not something I have a lot of.   Still, if I build any more rigs, then I wont be paying for a windows license on each one, as Ive run out - so Ill have to get linux working.

Have you tested any linux GPU miner for this coin? I have posted a ticket via the pool but I do not know how this ticketing works and if I will get a response which is the reason I am asking here as well.

Already replied to the ticket.

The answer was effectively "no". I have room stacked with miners that are all linux and with no miner available fo the OS, i'm sticking to the other alts.

Devs, you REALLY need to work this out - no REAL miner runs windows on his miners so you are loosing out on market cap.

I have edited the ybc/yac miner but never got more than 20KH/s out of my 7970's/280x's. Went back to doge.  Undecided
Hey guys an gals.... Just a quick post to explain the significance of the blocks page...

Extremely useful information, thanks for this.  I had assumed that was what the figures represented, but did not know for certain.

This sort of information is extremely useful to new miners.  Also important not to look at individual blocks, but take an average overall.  At least then you can see that you are getting a good, fair and stable return for your hash power.

Next up, what the heck does PPLNS and other ways of splitting up the shares/blocks mean? Smiley
@Nutnut

I have asked that already but it seems I cannot make this miner work for MRC:

http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,350.0.html

Have you tested any linux GPU miner for this coin? I have posted a ticket via the pool but I do not know how this ticketing works and if I will get a response which is the reason I am asking here as well.

Thanks and sorry for asking the same question two times.
On this particular coin - no. Far from it as the rewards is increasing constantly then will decrease. I could put any figure you like in there but its based on nothing. I picked 10k as the "reward" size per block for the calculator as that is what the final reward was to be. It's only cosmetic though. 100% of the block found is divided amongst the miners that mined it (less the fee of course).

Edit: I have now adjusted the calculator to base the calculation on 30000 per block. I'll adjust again in a few days to keep a closer reflection of the true blocks per day.

Nut
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
@Nutnut

Is the MRC/day estimate accurate?

I have had a few tickets with users asking what the red/green numbers mean in the percentage column so i thought i'd post here to explain to you all.

Basically look below (this was grabbed a few minutes ago from our site)...

The percentage column indicates the time taken to find blocks on average over a given time scale. 100% is the "expected".

If the number is red, that means the we have found blocks slower than expected (or taken more time to find them than we should have done). As you can see above, our "Last 7 days" are 100.63%. so we have taken 0.63% longer than expected to find the blocks. This number is actually a very good stat as most coins always run red overall.

Now, the last 24 hours have been at 97% so we are actually finding blocks 3% faster than expected. The last hour is 13.5% faster. This means you will have earned MORE coins than you should have.

There will always be some fluctuations in these numbers for the "last hour" and to some extent the "Last 24 hours" due to variance but the longer timeframes are a TRUE reflection of the pools "Luck". It can also mean there is a config/load issue on the pool itself causing blocks to be "missed" but luck pays a part too!

If your pool is well and truly in to the red over a long period (24 hr, 7days and ESPECIALLY 12 month), consider looking around for a more profitable pool. 110-115% is fairly normal. any higher (red) and you are really loosing some serious coinage - lower (green) and you have found a GOOD pool - congratz! Wink Consider this when pools sell themselves as 0% and yet run at 130+% on the time to block page!!

Hope that clears the mystery a little!

Nut

Nice, thank you for the info.
Is there is way to mine scrypt-jane on linux? Anyone has a compiled version of a linux miner for this or source with instruction how to compile it?

I voted for the coin in crypsy it looks promising but will be really nice if there is linux mining application.

I sure that you may try ANY existing Scrypt-jane miners, from QQC, VLC, Applecoin, YAcoin etc, thats use same algorythms... correct me if i wrong.

So, try compiling Linux one from here http://yacointalk.com/index.php/topic,350.0.html
Is there is way to mine scrypt-jane on linux? Anyone has a compiled version of a linux miner for this or source with instruction how to compile it?

I voted for the coin in crypsy it looks promising but will be really nice if there is linux mining application.
Jump to: