Author

Topic: [ANN] microCoin MRC - alcurEX - Scrypt-Jane - nFactor - page 188. (Read 374702 times)

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
 The wallet can't run with Win7 64bit??
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The Nfactor is kicking in way to fast, we'll never make it to block 160k at this rate. Can they make adjustments or would they have to fork the chain to change things like Nfactor or block rewards?
Activity: 56
Microcoin gambling game released at cointography.com!

It's a very simple game, guess the correct number and win the prize!

There are full instructions on the bottom of the game page and if you have any other questions, please let me know!

Good luck everyone Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
So anyone here with R9 290 that had on the beginning 7mh/s then down to 5,3mh/s   and now is down to what ?? 3,4??

Yes, exactly same here, a litte bit higher with wide open windows and very cool air flowing in :-)
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
I cant complain..
been slow on 7950s and now I am even slower Cheesy
So anyone here with R9 290 that had on the beginning 7mh/s then down to 5,3mh/s   and now is down to what ?? 3,4??

3.21 MH/s with R9 280x now  Cry
Activity: 182
Ouch, that new N-factor really hurts. Just 2,5 Mh/s left of my 5 Mh's.

But, I'm glad the block rewards are increasing Smiley.

5,2 to 3,4 here so i expect the next N-FACTOR-HAMMER will hit us even harder.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
Ouch, that new N-factor really hurts. Just 2,5 Mh/s left of my 5 Mh's.

But, I'm glad the block rewards are increasing Smiley.
just me, or are we downfactored again?

And pretty hard... like 25% or more?

UPD  OMG recalculated, its like 40% downgrade  Shocked
just me, or are we downfactored again?
QQ
Activity: 16
I made this in a couple of minutes as a cleaner version of the current logo, while trying (and failing) to compile an OSX wallet. Was gonna use it as a splash. I agree that in the long run the coin needs a better logo, maybe using the µ symbol as someone suggested a while back? Since it means micro anyway and it's (relatively) easy to actually type and use. In any case the website and general image should look professional and inspire trust, you want to differentiate it from all the crap coins, right? I already offered MCR my help with this part if he wants it, very curious to see where the site goes.

http://i.imgur.com/OGWj5zL.png

Back to the OSX wallet, it seems the ASM part in scrypt-x86_64.S is crashing the build. I'm not a coder and am not that much use in debugging but i tried to find any novacoin osx wallet to check how they solved this, to no avail. nor disabling the SSE instructions, as someone suggested for yacoin.
Activity: 364
Hi all - just a quick note to let you all know we have lowered the vardiff levels down now that we no longer need to support 2+GHs.

Enjoy.

Nut

Hey,
theres a new pool:
http://mrc.easy-mining.net/index.php?page=dashboard
1% fees, vardiff

Nice job! Thank you!  User ID #2  Grin  Testing it now  Cool

UPD Its alive working! Got block reward  Grin
Activity: 50
Activity: 40

Have anyone tried compiling that.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annyac-yacminer-gpu-miner-for-yacoin-247782

I will test it when I get back home but if anyone tried can you share what is the result?
Activity: 40
Any idea if there is a source code archive of these windows miners posted from the developers of this coin? Or if I can get the source code of a miner I can try to compile for this scrypt-jane algo?

Do you guys think it will be ok if we get some cryptos together and pay someone to make that happen. It will be good not to reinstall all my rigs with windows.
Most ops start a pool "coz it's cool" and want 5 minutes of fame... as we say in the MPOS chan, "Starting a pool is easy but running a pool is a tough job!".

You just ruin my dream making my own pool!  Grin Grin Grin

If you want to play, go for it. set a pool up for yourself and see how you get on. Just don't "go live" until you fully understand what is happening. pools do break, crons fail, DBs get screwed and so on - you WILL need to fix it at some point. We are all still learning (myself included) and i encourage people to have a go. BUT try and fix it yourself rather than ask for help straight away. You'll learn more that way. Wink
Nut, those statistics can be so easy manipulated, you know they are completly worthless?

They also dont reflect some changes you do regarding vardiff and other stratum settings, sure you can configure them so that they do, its just not worth the work, the result in coins is the same. There are differences between the pools, but you cant see them in the statistics.

You cant offset the coins earned in that period which makes up the checks and balances. If you were to do what you are suggesting (diff offset) the coins earned in the period would fall short and the miners would be able to see that - so no, they are not worthless at all. On a properly configured pool those stats mean a HELL of a lot.

Edit: There are other important stats there too... Ignoring the actual percentage that COULD be manipulated (i'll conced that), the blocks found is a hard and fast number, so are the numer of orphaned blocks. No stratum tweaking can hide that. Wink
Thanks for explaining the share types, I had no idea what PPLNS was different to the other types. Good to know!

No worries, glad it helped.

If you are sticking with a coin/pool long term then PPLNS will deter pool hoppers from trying to swoop in on a quick win and may be best for you. that said though, Nowadays with the crazy fast block times, PPLNS is becoming more redundant so Prop is more the norm.

PPLNS was really all the craze when bitcoin/litecoin were the only currencies and it would take hours/days between blocks. A block would be found then all the pool hoppers dived in at the beginning of the new round hoping for a lucky/quick round and a high reward. With rounds only lasting a few seconds though, pool hopping for profits is pointless.
Jump to: