Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 115. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Activity: 703
Hello guys have been gone for a while from the bitcoin scene so im updating my wallet and downloaded the bootstrap.
Because without it he makes no connection at al.
But with the bootstrap it makes 0-1 connection all the time and doesnt update?
What to do?

You are likely connecting to old clients... let me get you a list to add to your config file

addnode=202.96.138.245
addnode=174.62.75.38
addnode=91.121.177.181
addnode=137.147.205.84
addnode=198.50.243.84
addnode=173.62.210.40
addnode=178.33.109.17
addnode=217.23.13.138
addnode=71.1.8.242
addnode=92.11.85.139
addnode=176.37.23.74
addnode=24.191.227.173
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
There has been a hard fork on August 1st. Do you have the latest wallet?

If my memory serves me right the solution to connectivity is available a page or two back. Was it Fuzbawls who wrote the notes on MintCoin.conf?
Activity: 434
Merit: 511
Hello guys have been gone for a while from the bitcoin scene so im updating my wallet and downloaded the bootstrap.
Because without it he makes no connection at al.
But with the bootstrap it makes 0-1 connection all the time and doesnt update?
What to do?
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Just hover over to cryptsy and open all a support ticket requesting
to update to the new wallets , that might help to accelerate things …
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Just an FYI, The last time Cryptsy was doing maintenance on Mintcoin it was stuck in limbo for about a month.
Activity: 425
Good morning everyone!
Back from my family vacation and ready to dive back into Mintcoin Smiley

Cryptsy:
I have made several withdraws from them since the fork without issue - the coins should be safe Smiley

Mintcoin Price:
We need some walls my friends. Anyone care to join in?
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_mint

Recent Wallet Upgrades:
I do not believe any of these recent changes have been pushed over to the primary github account. Would it be possible to send push requests over with the changes?
I would also like to replace that current official wallet downloads with the updated files to assist in slowing down the recent trouble shooting requests. I am sure I can come up with a bounty for this - just pm me with a price.

Mintcoin Fund
We are still seeking volunteers for the Mintcoin Fund board. Please pm me if you are interested in assisting support for the new launch of Mintcoin Fund. Paperwork has been filed and approved.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I'm still getting connection attempts to my node from clients running the old version, quite a few actually. I'm not sure if cryptsy is one of these old version nodes or not but if their maintenamce mode lasts longer than a few days I'd say that's likely the case.

I wish i saw it was in maintainance before I made the withdraw.  Sad

I will make a support ticket just in case. I want to make sure my Mints are safe
Activity: 750
I'm still getting connection attempts to my node from clients running the old version, quite a few actually. I'm not sure if cryptsy is one of these old version nodes or not but if their maintenamce mode lasts longer than a few days I'd say that's likely the case.
Activity: 574
With Cryptsy... No one knows.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi,

I was wondering why Cryptsy wallet is in maintainance. I made a withdraw a couple of days ago and didn't see that the wallet was in maintainance and now Im missing out on some staking days on my cheap bought Mintcoins.

Does anybody know what's wrong and how long it will take?

Thanks in advance!

Keep on Minting  Smiley
FYI: I just posted this to the coingecko thread:

Keep on Minting my friends! Smiley

I'm sure they're really busy keeping that site updated (as I coded their OP & they have a great system to see with all points of data), let's hope they see your post & update the MINT page. Did you send them a PM as well, they might not check the thread as much as PM's?

I just posted on the thread. . .I'll send them a PM too real quick. Good idea.

EDIT:
I think last year Mintcoin's developer rating was like 58, and since we changed to a new GitHub repository, their site is still pulling in the stagnant stats which has pulled down the developer rating a lot. If this gets corrected, I'm thinking Mintcoin's overall rank will bump up a lot and help MINT get more respected, which it deserves.
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
FYI: I just posted this to the coingecko thread:

I'm sure they're really busy keeping that site updated (as I coded their OP & they have a great system to see with all points of data), let's hope they see your post & update the MINT page. Did you send them a PM as well, they might not check the thread as much as PM's?
Thanks for pinging coingecko about this. I've been meaning to do something similar but have been focusing on "other" aspects of MINT that has taken up most of my time.

FYI: I just posed this to the coingecko thread:

Hello,

I was just taking a look at your coingecko website, and noticed that a lot of your information for Mintcoin is outdated or incorrect.

For one thing, the entire github repository you have listed and pulling statistics from is incorrect. The Mintcoin Community split off and created a new repository for Mintcoin sometime last year.

This is the new, updated, correct and active GibHub for Mintcoin:

https://github.com/MintcoinCommunity/Mintcoin-Desktop-Wallet

If you could update this that would be great as that old code repository is no longer being used.

Other things that need to be updated:

Under the Data section:
Discussion Forum (remove dead link). Replace with http://www.mintcoinofficial.com/forums/

Under the About section:
In the last paragraph, remove "A total of 70 billion MintCoin will be minted throughout the entire lifecycle using both POW and POS. " This is not a true statement.

What you could say instead:
There is no coin cap, in order to replace lost coins and provide sustainable global scalability. The coin now runs 100% POS (proof-of-stake) to secure the network. After the year 2016, Stakers aka Minters will receive a fixed 5% APR (annual percentage rate) indefinitely, as a reward for securing the network.

Another thing you might add to your Data:

Mintcoin Community official YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MintcoinCommunity

Thanks!

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12179230

Right now Mintcoin is ranked @32 on their site. If they update their information with the correct GitHub repository, it should change Mintcoin's Developer statistics rating which could hopefully, potentially, maybe bump up Mintcoin's rank!

If anyone else wants to help keep an eye on this to make sure they update our coin's information, that would be great. I have not sent them any email, so if nothing gets updated soon, maybe that would be the next step. If anyone wants to send them an email, probably wouldn't hurt either  Roll Eyes

I am hoping we can get our ranking up!

To check, Here is what our Mintcoin page on coingecko looks like right now:
https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/mintcoin

Activity: 356
A few thousand dollars worth could send the market right back up there. It could go even lower too if people dump. Markets go up and down. That's just how free markets work.

Overall, Mintcoin is on a long-term uptrend. Drops in the price are necessary after price rises, to test out where support s are at. It is healthy.

What I've seen happening is price declining on low volume. This is in no way a bad thing.

Low volume because people hold it to stake.

Yeah. And also because people are trying to push the price down with using only a little coins, while they are chugging away minting and saving the majority of their coins.
legendary
Activity: 3207
Merit: 1181
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
A few thousand dollars worth could send the market right back up there. It could go even lower too if people dump. Markets go up and down. That's just how free markets work.

Overall, Mintcoin is on a long-term uptrend. Drops in the price are necessary after price rises, to test out where support s are at. It is healthy.

What I've seen happening is price declining on low volume. This is in no way a bad thing.

Low volume because people hold it to stake.
Jump to: