Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 110. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Like what ? Please , update us here as well . Some have no time to hang out in the IRCs but still would like to be brief'd .

Hey Duplan - Hope all is well Smiley

IRC is where we are planning and handling project management items while answering questions / giving away mad free mintcoins Smiley

As we complete tasks they will be formally announced throughout the social medias to ensure everyone knows whats going on.

Smiley
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Like what ? Please , update us here as well . Some have no time to hang out in the IRCs but still would like to be brief'd .
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
Btw, for those of you that AREN'T with us in IRC chat...big things on the horizon

Soon™
legendary
Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000
Mintcoin and Linux Mint. Both winners.
Also, do you guys know why mintcoin is one of the two currencies accepted by the linux mint dev team (apparently there's no direct affiliation)? That's how I stumbled on this thread, anyways.
There is no direct affiliation. Just one community supporting another. I think the mint name is the only common thing so it seemed fitting, and both are free open source software; but also there are a fair number of Mintcoiners who are also Linux Mint users. Linux Mint is a great distribution, and many encourage people to switch to it vs proprietary software.

I switched a about a month ago and am really impressed.
Activity: 291
Ezekiel 34:11, John 10:25-30
Also, do you guys know why mintcoin is one of the two currencies accepted by the linux mint dev team (apparently there's no direct affiliation)? That's how I stumbled on this thread, anyways.
There is no direct affiliation. Just one community supporting another. I think the mint name is the only common thing so it seemed fitting, and both are free open source software; but also there are a fair number of Mintcoiners who are also Linux Mint users. Linux Mint is a great distribution, and many encourage people to switch to it vs proprietary software.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
Poloniex doesn't allow people from New York to trade.

Due to BitLicense and Poloniex being based in the USA, right?

ya that kind of makes them look like they're trying to be as legit as possible
Activity: 574
Poloniex doesn't allow people from New York to trade. I think that is worthy of boycotting them altogether. I have been using Bter mainly, and a little on Bleutrade

As far as I know, Mint distro was approached by the devs and they were open to accepting MINT.
Activity: 562
Merit: 506
We're going to need a bigger heatsink.
Poloniex doesn't allow people from New York to trade. I think that is worthy of boycotting them altogether. I have been using Bter mainly, and a little on Bleutrade

That's only because of bitlicense, which is fairly restrictive regulation exclusive to new york. You should take that up with your local government, not the exchange.

Poloniex doesn't allow people from New York to trade.

Due to BitLicense and Poloniex being based in the USA, right?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Good Morning Everyone, Mintcoin Fund is now registered as a Non-Profit and we are ready to kick off our next campaign in New York City, New York. If your coin community is interested in participating in this project please let me know. We are currently seeking 3-4 communities who are interested in joining us for a slightly competitive, fun fund-raising campaign while raising awareness to Bitcoin Alternatives and their benefits. http://mintcoinfund.org/open-projects/changecup-new-york-city/
The best scenario would be for Cryptsy to get their act together and not let many wallets in maintenance for months.

Once they do get their MINT wallet out of maintenance it would be wise to transfer coins to another exchange that is not as careless about their customers.
Activity: 336
As far as cryptsy's mintcoin wallet being in maintenance. it is not an issue with the blockchain but rather an internal issue that effected a few users.

We discovered a bug in security protocol that would see some transactions as unauthorized withdrawals and debit a users account for the amount of the transaction. To prevent any others users from being effected I have taken the wallet offline until the issue can be fixed. This was present in a few coins Saturncoin, Bluecon and Mintcoin.

I am hoping to have the wallet back up within 48 hours. We apologize for the delay it has caused

@mullick
Should we all move the mint from cryptsy to another trading site like https://poloniex.com?
Activity: 325
Help Support the Mintcoin Guardianship Program: Mt6nEG8Pp7kyimcHEp3gFqdjDPQqXas5Ae

[EDIT] Address currently inactive
legendary
Kaspa
I sold the MINT I had on cryptsy to move my BTC over to Poloniex... same with my POT as well

definitely losing my patience with cryptsy
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Cryptsy is a total joke . They do not hire competent techs who can solve any coin issue. Take a look at the page that says condition of coin and you will see at least 10% of all coins are in maintenance.  I have had lost coins there for 7 months and no help just endless lies like we have our top techs working on the issue. I will escalate it for you to lvl 11 tech support.  What a joke of an exchange.  Cryptsy kills coins. Should be there motto. Crypsty the great coin killer how proud those guys should be to their contribution to killing cryptocurrency. They should be so proud.  This last dump can only be attributed to no external trading on the Number #1 mint exchange for a month.  The better question should be why does Cryptsy want Mintcoin to fail?Huh?? I have lost at least 1.5 btc on this downturn.  So yes I am pissed.    Plus $ 100 in reddcoin that has vanished into their pockets
Activity: 703
As far as cryptsy's mintcoin wallet being in maintenance. it is not an issue with the blockchain but rather an internal issue that effected a few users.

We discovered a bug in security protocol that would see some transactions as unauthorized withdrawals and debit a users account for the amount of the transaction. To prevent any others users from being effected I have taken the wallet offline until the issue can be fixed. This was present in a few coins Saturncoin, Bluecon and Mintcoin.

I am hoping to have the wallet back up within 48 hours. We apologize for the delay it has caused

The 48 hour timeframe has come and gone. Can we please get an update as to the status of Cryptsy's MINT wallet??? For reference, the wallet went into maintenance mode on or around Aug 15 and has remained there with no communication whatsoever aside from the post quoted above.

Their wallet hasn't minted yet....
http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/MINT/address.php?address=MpRy4faehg2kUBmkdcSw221SspM8LRLe1h
Activity: 750

The 48 hour timeframe has come and gone. Can we please get an update as to the status of Cryptsy's MINT wallet??? For reference, the wallet went into maintenance mode on or around Aug 15 and has remained there with no communication whatsoever aside from the post quoted above.
legendary
Kaspa
doesn't sound like too many users were effected... glad they're on top of it.

I had totally forgotten MINT is on POLO as well lol my wallet just got a bit bigger thanks dumpers  Cool
Jump to: