Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 116. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Well this coin is shit i bought 15 mil on cryptsy around the 35-40 sats mark & now its at 19-20 sats........pump & dump shit as all alts do...devs cashing out to leave everyone bag holding

you must be very new to crypto.this is a great coin.
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
A few thousand dollars worth could send the market right back up there. It could go even lower too if people dump. Markets go up and down. That's just how free markets work.

Overall, Mintcoin is on a long-term uptrend. Drops in the price are necessary after price rises, to test out where support s are at. It is healthy.

What I've seen happening is price declining on low volume. This is in no way a bad thing.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
Well this coin is shit i bought 15 mil on cryptsy around the 35-40 sats mark & now its at 19-20 sats........pump & dump shit as all alts do...devs cashing out to leave everyone bag holding

all markets move up and down... no1's fault but your own if you bought near the top of the last upswing and don't have the patience to ride it out.

I bought some at 40 to not too long ago lol but bought more at 20 the other day as well
Activity: 840

If you want to profit then learn trading & don't buy at top of a pump. All markets including BTC, stocks, forex are moved up and down by whales, its just difference in length of time which is a function of market cap. More money & time needed to move bigger markets.

If you believe in this coin hold & stake, it will eventually move up.
Activity: 750
Running a 2.0.0.1 Mac build.  Number of connections goes from 0 to 1, on and off every second or so.  So far no chain downloaded.  Anyone else seen this odd behavior?

look back a page or two, i've got a full writeup regarding connection/sync issues
Activity: 391
Merit: 100
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Running a 2.0.0.1 Mac build.  Number of connections goes from 0 to 1, on and off every second or so.  So far no chain downloaded.  Anyone else seen this odd behavior?

Might be your peers list ,  the peers.dat file
https://mega.nz/#!B0dChLbI!6iJIk6ipqwVgI89zR-746d6cT0HOSbH3Oc9UvCXCLj8

You can try mine ( drop it into your folder in the User / Library alias / Application Support / MintCoin )
or read up how to set up a list of nodes in the previous pages of the thread here
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
Running a 2.0.0.1 Mac build.  Number of connections goes from 0 to 1, on and off every second or so.  So far no chain downloaded.  Anyone else seen this odd behavior?
I've noticed some people really have an annoying time waiting to get all done ,
In case some cannot wait many days and don't want to do the bootstrap thing ,
I managed to upload my own blockchain file to the following mega repository :

https://mega.nz/#!R0kiiIqZ!35Xni7L_KUXHi6SMokn38gwPPM3B-uGJtx9eGR1KCqM

It took me some hours to get it uploaded , so it's less than a day old , from my mac wallet .
I updated my wallet some hours before the hardfork deadline , I had no issues of any kind .

If anyone should want to use this , do it only if you you feel comfortable enough ; check it …   

Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
Well, I'm now up to Feb 25th.  I searched for a bootstrap to download previously, but came up empty.  I'm so close now, I guess I'll just wait it out.  Should be done in the next 48 hours - I hope.

Thanks for the replies.

I have always synced from scratch, myself. It does take time though. Just let it run 24/7 and try not to think about it. Unlike Bitcoin, which creates a block every 10 minutes, Mintcoin creates a block every 30 seconds, and each block has to to be downloaded, synced, and verified. This takes time, but is what ensures the security of the network. The flipside, is that with Mintcoin we get to enjoy Super Speedy Transactions, once you are synced up. It is about the fastest Crypto-Coin there is. You just have to endure the syncing battle in the beginning. Also keep in mind, that when syncing from scratch, or a large amount of blocks, sometimes the GUI can lag out, and appear "not responding", even though it is really still syncing up in the background, if you check your Mintcoin folder, see the blockchain file getting bigger every few seconds. If you just keep waiting though, it will eventually catch up and everything will look normal once you are fully synced.
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
Well, I'm now up to Feb 25th.  I searched for a bootstrap to download previously, but came up empty.  I'm so close now, I guess I'll just wait it out.  Should be done in the next 48 hours - I hope.

Thanks for the replies.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
This is the moment to buy more MINT , the retracing is over now ,
from here it will grow up in the following weeks and next month ,
over 50 sat , then over 100 , in september++ . Buy now & stake …

thats what I was thinking, I wish I could buy up that 5 btc sell wall on cryptsy... but could only afford a little nibble
Activity: 750
Unfortunately, syncing from block 0 does take time, and while I haven't personally tested it, syncing the new client with the available bootstrapped blockchain SHOULD work (provided you still make the necessary changes to your MintCoin.conf file).
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
I'll address a couple issues here:

First, the user having issues with the linux wallet:
Without knowing more details, like what distro, I'd say that your downloaded package is corrupt. I just tested downloading, extracting, and running both the Qt wallet and headless daemon on my clean install of Mint Linux. Both packages are fine and produce a valid binary file.

Suggested to redownload and if issue persists, provide me with more details as to your OS distro.

Second, users having issues syncing:
At the moment, without a valid peers.dat or proper MintCoin.conf, syncing will not work. This is a known issue and it is being worked on from 2 viable angles. There is a workaround, and that involves using addnode=x in your MintCoin.conf file.

There are currently a LOT of nodes that are still using the old version, for what reason I have no clue. The new version (and proper blockchain) is designed to outright reject any client/node running on the old version. You absolutely MUST be running the new version (protocolversion : 60007) in order to sync the blockchain.

Now, on to the workaround I mentioned: MintCoin.conf (note: not mintcoin.conf, not Mintcoin.conf...MintCoin.conf). This file goes in the same folder/directory as your wallet.dat, peers.dat, debug.log, etc. and should be formatted as follows:
Code:
rpcuser=x
rpcpassword=y
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
addnode=198.50.243.84
addnode=185.16.59.233
addnode=50.168.101.34
addnode=101.174.162.119
addnode=74.197.221.45
addnode=176.37.23.74
x and y above are whatever you want. One of those nodes is mine, and unless my wallet is offline for whatever reason, it WILL accept connections provided you are attempting to connect with the correct version. Now, attempting to connect repeatedly with the WRONG version will result in nodes banning you for a period of time, if this happens then you'll have to update to the new version and wait for bans to be released. So again, you absolutely MUST be running the new version to do ANYTHING with MintCoin.

I have tested and verified working all of the above multiple times on multiple machines. I obviously cannot test every OS/build (especially with the countless linux distros), so if you're still having issues I'm going to need raw dumps of your debug.log and MintCoin.conf files to further assist

I have been syncing from scratch for more than 4 days, I'm only up to Feb 19, 2015.  I have the newest wallet 2.0.0.1 (protocolversion 60007), I replaced the MintCoin.conf with the recommendation listed above, I have a new valid peers.dat file.  My data connection is 6.5Mbit.

"getpeerinfo" shows all connected wallets are @ 60007

The wallet will get a few hundred blocks, then stop/freeze for 5-10 minutes or longer.  Any other ideas what to do to speed up the process?  I should be ok in a couple more days, just looking to get this done quicker.
This is the moment to buy more MINT , the retracing is over now ,
from here it will grow up in the following weeks and next month ,
over 50 sat , then over 100 , in september++ . Buy now & stake …
The non updated wallet was the problem. Just REALLY weird how it showed up, confirmed, was on sale, then disappeared..  Huh Huh I did the repair, it told me there was a mismatch, but it took a -reindex -rescan to get the coins back.

Anyway, price dropped.. not even sending em now..  Undecided Undecided
Maybe both you & cryptsy were not updated. When they updated your coins disappeared from exchange, now after update & repair you have them back. Price dropped but is now stable. That is a good thing.
Activity: 145
The non updated wallet was the problem. Just REALLY weird how it showed up, confirmed, was on sale, then disappeared..  Huh Huh I did the repair, it told me there was a mismatch, but it took a -reindex -rescan to get the coins back.

Anyway, price dropped.. not even sending em now..  Undecided Undecided
I sent this transaction to cryptsy.. ed0166a850e31978f54bf075149fe3ea0547d5a4316d0abc8a57637e21ddcd79 on 8/11 for 295070.448625 mint. It showed up on cryptsy, was in the order forms to sell for over 24 hours, then I restarted my computer with the wallet on it, it disappeared from cryptsy, and it and every other recent POS mint (in the last week) is now not confirmed either, how the hell do I fix this? I tried reindex already, nothing.
Have you updated to latest version 2.0.0.1 we had afork on August 1? Also try Help->Repair wallet in the wallet menu.
Activity: 145
I sent this transaction to cryptsy.. ed0166a850e31978f54bf075149fe3ea0547d5a4316d0abc8a57637e21ddcd79 on 8/11 for 295070.448625 mint. It showed up on cryptsy, was in the order forms to sell for over 24 hours, then I restarted my computer with the wallet on it, it disappeared from cryptsy, and it and every other recent POS mint (in the last week) is now not confirmed either, how the hell do I fix this? I tried reindex already, nothing.
Jump to: