Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 268. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 10
where is the big news? just fuking kidding us? Cry
maybe it's just a joke. fuck, i bought at a high price.... Angry
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
where is the big news? just fuking kidding us? Cry
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
hi all

i am Getting Hundreds of Generated but not Accepted POS Coins... 25 today alone....is this normal?...is there anything i can do to stop it?...

Many Thanks

Those are orphaned blocks and no there is nothing you can do about it. I may be wrong, and I'll eat a bug, but it may have something to do with the block explorer for Mintcoin has not been working for a time now.

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
hi all

i am Getting Hundreds of Generated but not Accepted POS Coins... 25 today alone....is this normal?...is there anything i can do to stop it?...

Many Thanks
Activity: 229
How to build mintcoind (without Qt GUI)?

Code:
$ cd src
$ make -f makefile.unix clean
$ make -f makefile.unix mintcoind

Thank you very much. I am sorry I have never read the source code.
Activity: 307
Merit: 252
The coin is doing okay, it has tons of merchants, a great name and people are working hard on it, if only all this shit talk stops it will start slowly to rise.
So please use your brains, dont read and believe everything random guys are writing !

what is the biggest merchant accepting mintcoin in your opinion?

who is working on the development of the coin (except for paspi and david of course)?

any information at all on any upcoming projects?

that's the main point for me. been trying hard to find sth but there is literally no information nor development. dev is busy doing other things.
Activity: 185

Code:
$ cd src
$ make -f makefile.unix clean
$ make -f makefile.unix mintcoind

Activity: 210
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
OMG i cant believe people are still talking about the pre mine ... this HAS to be an attempt to keep the price low or people are not thinking at all.

Just stop for a second and think about it ... IF this was a pump and dump what are the devs still doing here ? Why are they still working on the coin, adding new features and merchants ? The coin was up to 60 sat, then it was at 30 sat for a long period of time, then it slowly went down and MUCH MUCH more then 700 millions have switched hands.
So IF the dev's have dumped all the pre mine WHAT THE FUCK are they still doing here ?
It makes 0, ZERO, NO sense for them to keep working on a coin, take a look at the real pump and dump shit coins out there, dev's disappear right after they dump !

The coin is doing okay, it has tons of merchants, a great name and people are working hard on it, if only all this shit talk stops it will start slowly to rise.
So please use your brains, dont read and believe everything random guys are writing !
The issue is not premine. It is:
- lack of transparency about it. Even more, lack of presence of the dev. Extremely busy is not an excuse. When you are extremely busy, you do something about it, like finding someone to replace you, at least temporarily or at least publicly ask for it.
- tyranical behaviour/scare tactics of demodding and deleting post.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
OMG i cant believe people are still talking about the pre mine ... this HAS to be an attempt to keep the price low or people are not thinking at all.

Just stop for a second and think about it ... IF this was a pump and dump what are the devs still doing here ? Why are they still working on the coin, adding new features and merchants ? The coin was up to 60 sat, then it was at 30 sat for a long period of time, then it slowly went down and MUCH MUCH more then 700 millions have switched hands.
So IF the dev's have dumped all the pre mine WHAT THE FUCK are they still doing here ?
It makes 0, ZERO, NO sense for them to keep working on a coin, take a look at the real pump and dump shit coins out there, dev's disappear right after they dump !

Yup, also when you withdraw from the faucet, the transaction is almost simultaneous.
Mint is veeeeeeery fast. I can't believe it

Fastest coin I have ever used. Love it. Makes me hate Bitcoin after I use Mintcoin, lol.

N00bs  Cheesy

Take a look at the block explorer. This is exactly how fast MINT is. About 30sek a block.
What does that mean? That means that MINT is just as fast as any other 30sek block time coin.

What comes to transaction conformation, fastest is not always the better. Faster = less secure and may cause serious issues in future, when Mintcoin gets more popular and valuable.

Slow confirmation is not your security excuse. I really dislike the slow confirmation of Bitcoin too.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Yup, also when you withdraw from the faucet, the transaction is almost simultaneous.
Mint is veeeeeeery fast. I can't believe it

Fastest coin I have ever used. Love it. Makes me hate Bitcoin after I use Mintcoin, lol.

N00bs  Cheesy

Take a look at the block explorer. This is exactly how fast MINT is. About 30sek a block.
What does that mean? That means that MINT is just as fast as any other 30sek block time coin.

What comes to transaction conformation, fastest is not always the better. Faster = less secure and may cause serious issues in future, when Mintcoin gets more popular and valuable.
Activity: 182
I don't know what the big deal about the premine is. Wasn't it 1%? To me that's low enough that it would be completely fair if that was just used to compensate the devolper/s. I mean seriously guys, that isn't a lot. Many coins do way more. I keep saying you can't expect people to work for free. As far as I'm concerned at this point, anything they do for the community with those funds is a bonus.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
This is my last post (much to the relief of the lapdogs).

I'll be in lurk mode for about a week.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
Another post from Reddit.
I can't be sure the developer won't vaporize my posts there so I'll just repost here so there's a record.

[–]Jerome45 0 points 2 hours ago

I think they are just trying to make a point to put an end to all the complainers...who don't trust them, who continue to carry on stirring up strife. You can't please everyone. There are always going to be haters or one thing or another. One way to do it I suppose is to send a point where they either choose to be with us, be quiet, and be happy with Mintcoin for what it is, or just leave.

[–]poweredbybitcoins 1 point a minute ago

OR, the developer steps up to the plate, and begins being a little more honest and transparent with what/where the premine is going.

Nobody ever had an issue with the developer being compensated for bringing the coin into existence. The issue seems to be that the developer claimed the reason for the existence of such a generous premine was for coin development and infrastructure - okay, you made the claim, back it up and show the community where the coins have gone. (not where they might be going based on hypothetical outcomes - where are they NOW).

Simple really.

But, we all know this isn't going to ever happen.

Either the developer is working on something so big there needs to be a veil of secrecy and non disclosure, or they're running an elaborate, long drawn out pump and dump. Time will tell.

Activity: 230
The Mintcoin block explorer is down again...
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I posted this to #noblecoin (I like these guy, they do are doing a great job). And I got this:

Jump to: