Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 271. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 10
hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy

I think the one who throw the 200 million mintcoins is fool. If you want to throw them, , you should have taken a better solution, then you should have got paid more.
I WILL NOT throw them. IF mint was 3 sat .I will buy more. 2 SAT. the same . until 1 sat  Smiley
Activity: 229
Merit: 100
hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy

I think the one who throw the 200 million mintcoins is fool. If you want to throw them, , you should have taken a better solution, then you should have got paid more.
Activity: 210
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
hello everyone  I am a china minter in Shang Hai.Everyday I watched the bitcointalk at here from february until now but i say nothing  because my poor english Embarrassed Embarrassedeven that i donot know can everybody look obvious what i say by now......IN china there have some big holder.they all like mintcoin.DOES someone remember in June 6th someone sell the 200million mint?.that is a china holder in our group.BUT I DONOT THINK he made a goodchoice.I will hold my 55million coins in bter for long and long time until I see the moon with mint. Grin Grin.by the way.David you work for mint really diligent.thank you and best wishes for you do anything.for the dev.that i suggest that please often Update the news and to tell us WHAT will we do.a few days ago the mint pump because the BTER made a news about  Mintcoin Fund will be the world's first legally-registered NGO.Many BTERs buy the mint then the price UP.BUT this is just a suggestion. :)Maybe you have a big and amzing idea for us Cheesy
I agree with everyone that a takeover or fork is unwarranted. I feel Mint is very strong just the way it is, though it would be nice to have quick launch implemented. Also looking forward to paspi's lite wallet for android.
I hold and watch Mintcoin, don't want to say anything.

Then, shift my focus
http://www.bsdgl.tiv.cc/
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi."

...but privately, (off exchange),  and to one of us.  Wink

Activity: 364
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
My thoughts,

1. If you want different parameters make your own coin.

2. The only way to "take over" a coin is to buy enough where you have a 51% stake, so I doubt that is happening.

3. Quit making demands and do something yourself if you think something needs to be done.

4. The dev doesn't "own" mintcoin, all of the stake holders do, if you are a stakeholder IT IS UP TO YOU, not the dev team, to make things happen. It's your business, work it..

If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi.

"If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi."

...but privately, (off exchange),  and to one of us.  Wink
My thoughts,

1. If you want different parameters make your own coin.

2. The only way to "take over" a coin is to buy enough where you have a 51% stake, so I doubt that is happening.

3. Quit making demands and do something yourself if you think something needs to be done.

4. The dev doesn't "own" mintcoin, all of the stake holders do, if you are a stakeholder IT IS UP TO YOU, not the dev team, to make things happen. It's your business, work it..

If you don't like it sell your MINT, preferably at 1 satoshi.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
Amusing: looks like Dojecoin is based on Mintcoin Smiley
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dojemooh/dojecoin/master/README.md

**DojeCoin (MNT)**

DojeCoin is an innovative, secure and energy efficient PoW/PoS coin...
Forking is not necessary, but it is an option that the community can consider. I am not here to push any specific agenda.

Can someone explain the unlock wallet problem mentioned. I don't have time to sort through the conversations on this massive thread.

BTW. there's a bug in mintcoin wallet 1.9.1:
- I've got the wallet encrypted and locked.
- Going to the send screen, entering a valid address and amount
- then clicking Send does not show the unlock wallet where you can enter a passphrase, nothing happens.
- I first have to click unlock wallet button and only then I can send coins.
short: The "Unlock wallet" window should appear when clicking send and the wallet is locked.

Take a look at this: https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin/pull/20
I think the above solved the unlock problem.

I'm in doubt.. sell my 25000000 MINT at great loss or hope the dev team will make a statement that will inspire re-newed confidence in mintcoin.

"Unlock wallet for minting only" does not work either. It unlocks for sending too.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
While I agree with a lot that has been discussed here. I'm going to have to side with the mintcointeam devs on this one...I'm with the "mintcointeam" on this issue, and actions. The coin is fine, does not need a fork, does not need to have a coup or takeover. Talk of taking over the coin just needs to be stopped as it is totally unnecessary, and reflects very badly, imo. I think that in general there are a lot of people who are just way too impatient. Not everyone is dissatisfied with the way things are going. I think that the people who are satisfied tend to be more vocal about it, but I for one am quite satisfied, even though I am aware of these concerns some people have.

Some of you may bash me, but I think the developer is in the right on this one. Bickering, griping, complaining, division, is not the way forward. Just let the dev has his premined coins, what is the big deal? It is not that significant overall. I think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

+1 to the mintcointeam / devs. Keep up the great work!

It seems to me that an easy course of action is just to continue using the current repo and have anyone on this thread that wants something changed, actually put the code together and submit a pull request. There is absolutely nothing controversial about that, it helps the current dev team by taking a load off of their shoulders, and it won't shake up any confidence in the coin. This is how many coins function, I have submitted pull requests to coins that I have no association with, but just wanted to help out a bit with. If the dev team is moving too slow, then go ahead and prepare a pull request is what I would say.
Activity: 356
While I agree with a lot that has been discussed here. I'm going to have to side with the mintcointeam devs on this one...I'm with the "mintcointeam" on this issue, and actions. The coin is fine, does not need a fork, does not need to have a coup or takeover. Talk of taking over the coin just needs to be stopped as it is totally unnecessary, and reflects very badly, imo. I think that in general there are a lot of people who are just way too impatient. Not everyone is dissatisfied with the way things are going. I think that the people who are satisfied tend to be more vocal about it, but I for one am quite satisfied, even though I am aware of these concerns some people have.

Some of you may bash me, but I think the developer is in the right on this one. Bickering, griping, complaining, division, is not the way forward. Just let the dev has his premined coins, what is the big deal? It is not that significant overall. I think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

+1 to the mintcointeam / devs. Keep up the great work!
legendary
Blockchain Developer
Forking is not necessary, but it is an option that the community can consider. I am not here to push any specific agenda.

Can someone explain the unlock wallet problem mentioned. I don't have time to sort through the conversations on this massive thread.

- then clicking Send does not show the unlock wallet where you can enter a passphrase, nothing happens.
short: The "Unlock wallet" window should appear when clicking send and the wallet is locked.

I'm in doubt.. sell my 25000000 MINT at great loss or hope the dev team will make a statement that will inspire re-newed confidence in mintcoin.

So it looks like the source from the OP https://github.com/mintcoinproject/mintcoin is not 1.9.1 - does anyone know about the actual source code?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
Banned: For Your Protection
I noticed that http://www.reddit.com/r/MintCoin/comments/27gxu5/mintcoin_coup_d%A9tat/ have been deleted. I don't know who did this, but I know it is not cryptomommy. So someone is abusing moderator role. I find it unexcusable, whoever this person is. This remind us why it matters so much that the Mintcoin thread is not self-moderated.

Independantly on my own opinion on the Coup d'État, it, I value freedom of speech enough to be upset by this. So, if anyone has a copy of it, please PM and I will paste it here.

I did, and I demodded two of the moderators that helped this to come back! I know it's not that democratic but I'm extremely busy at the moment and couldn't handle the flow of comments it will generate/actions that could ensue from that. I apologize for that, but what the hell would you expect when you post something like this? ...Snip

No mintcointeam. No.

Being busy is not an excuse. You apparently have enough time to resort to these tactics. You could have just let it go if you are so "busy". You know perfectly well that deleting posts will only generate more comments. As for "wrong information", you could have just replied to them, like a responsable person (or group of persons) does. On monero, this is what we do: short, precise answers. Does not take much time and people can just extrapolate on that. And guess what? They like it, it shows that we focus on what really matters.

I don't buy the "extremely busy". You "extremely don't give a fuck" and being busy is an excuse. Several times I asked about the premine. Only after around 5 repeated questions I got an (very incomplete) answer and only because I threatened to reveal some things about you.
(by the way, readers, do you want me to tell the truth about the premine? - no, it is not what you think, whatever you may think Smiley)

Mintcoin Fund is on its way (I was supposed to send the corrected documents today but the post office is closed today, because of Pentecost - bummer). But I won't fund it without a reliable development team. I use "development team" on purpose. I'm sick and tired of the "anonymity" and "being busy" excuses. I work daily and in a much more intensive way with people who are are dead serious on anonymity (and impressively good at it) and they don't let it be an excuse for doing nothing. And they are very busy too and still they do an awesome amount of work.
If the Mintcoin Fund is not funded, I will send you back the 5 millions MINT you sent me for this. Because I did not use a single one of them yet (I should pay back myself for the register letter and the stamps, though). Because I am transparent and people know it - what are the addresses of the premine? . I don't hide behind "I am busy". If I say something, I deliver. If I cannot anymore, see rule #5 of FOSS (below)

I've been among your greatest supporters. Several times these months, I did not say everything I knew because I thought it would be detrimental to the coin.
Now I think YOU are detrimental to the coin. Look at karmacoin, grumpycoin, asiacoin, saturncoin, bottlecaps... A coin with a great community can make it.

Let me remind you rule #5 of open source software: "When you lose interest in a program, your last duty to it is to hand it off to a competent successor."

There is nothing shameful about not having time to work on a coin. But there IS something shameful about refusing to let it go and take a whole community as a hostage. Especially with the tactics you are using.

I'll tell you something: I met someone using these kinds of tactics before. He was my former boss.
I quit and I funded a company doing the exact same thing as him but in a fair way. Guess what: most of the teammates left with me and we attracted more and more people who could just not stand these tactics anymore. Granted, it took time and we endured pain, but now we are signing international contracts and extending every year. We are a real team, helping each other, communicating a lot on a daily basis and this, for years. Him? Well he keeps deleting posts on his forum.

I am calling everyone who want Mintcoin to be something to act now. Stop being sheeps, waiting for something to happen, waiting for "the dev" to do something. Are you children or are you grown-ups? Do you need someone to change your diapers? Send Mintcoins to the Sonoma project, contact your dev friends about the wallet, propose crowdfunding, communication. Lend some legal expertise on NGO... Stop whining or looking at the chart. Look at Freicoin, do they complain do they look daily at the price?

Success is not given, it is deserved. And you, dev, legitimacy is not given, it is deserved.

But I don't expect you to answer. You are probably "extremely busy".

@David: I agree with you, and understand your passion about it. (And the French are indeed known for their passion! Grin)

No, forking to make this coin to behave differently is a very bad idea. Mintcoin stats are fine and theres absolutely no need to change them. ...Snip

I agree - forking is a no-no, that will undermine the original intent of the coin, and breed distrust, due to being "wishy-washy". It should continue as-is.

There are talk of the takeover, but this can only happen if dev is willing to give the premine to the new team. This is extremely unlikely to happen in my opinion.

Personally, I am against any takeover of this coin at this time. I know that things seem kind of stagnant at present, but I do believe that there are things happening behind the scenes. I too would like to know more, but currently, I feel that the dev(s) are still working on things. Thus I also believe they want this coin to be a success, so that they can reap the rewards. I do not think that any premine was dumped, and still think things are on the "up-and-up". Though I must say, I really wish more information about the what's and whatfor's were a bit more forthcoming.

Our biggest issue is transparency. Mintcointeam claims that he's got "Big stuff comming" and everyone is patiently waiting for something to happen. A lot of grand announcements, but nothing to show for it so far. If the dev would share some of the progress beeing made, it would comfort the community and encourage people to keep mining/buying instead of trading their MINT for other coins. I sold about one third of my investment a few weeks ago because there are lots of other, more interesting coins out there with actual development in progress.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm not saying nothing is beeing made behind the scenes with Mint, but unless we see some progress, the majority of this community will be gone by a few months. Mint is still a great coins with lots of potential. Let's not throw that away...

^^This. In spades. It IS a great coin, and as long as we continue to care, it will not fade in to the cavernous black hole that most other cryptos get sucked into.

legendary
Blockchain Developer

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
Our biggest issue is transparency. Mintcointeam claims that he's got "Big stuff comming" and everyone is patiently waiting for something to happen. A lot of grand announcements, but nothing to show for it so far. If the dev would share some of the progress beeing made, it would comfort the community and encourage people to keep mining/buying instead of trading their MINT for other coins. I sold about one third of my investment a few weeks ago because there are lots of other, more interesting coins out there with actual development in progress.

I'm not saying nothing is beeing made behind the scenes with Mint, but unless we see some progress, the majority of this community will be gone by a few months. Mint is still a great coins with lots of potential. Let's not throw that away...
Jump to: