Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 478. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
lol i am the one that is going to make a mintcoin android wallet for this coin if the other one does not succeed.

sure i have been trolling. since this is an exact copy of peercoin with just a reduced pow, some interest levels change and scrypt.

nothing more nothing less. thats why i have trolled.

now that more and more support is building i troll less... i am even into it.

so mister know-it-all, enlighten me, how much coins of the 18 billion are in the exchanges wallets.

you say you provide facts. you just call out blindly. making assumptions you cannot back.

i have been reading about this pos 51% for quite a while now and 51% is a serious threat.

not saying that it will happen.. so those not interested in this... carry on.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
You're seeing a running balance of total coins in. This particular line item does not account for transactions out.

I do not think this is true. If that were the case, the balance in the wallet should have been substantially higher.

This is from the blockchain:
Balance: 5664261.47074 MIN
Transactions in: 93
Received: 10783391.464225 MIN
Transactions out: 54
Sent: 5119129.993485 MIN

This is from the wallet:
Activity: 210
Mint is on over 21 exchanges. Those "bagholders" you speak of(feel free to look up the definition of bagholder by the way) are EXCHANGES.

You try to disguise the fact that you are a troll by making semi reasonable arguments. They are never backed up by facts. I encourage people to take a look at your post history. Then they will know you are a troll, and they can put you on the ignore list,...like I'm about to do.
My reasons speak for themselves. You failed to refute any of them.

4. Feel free to go to the blackcoin thread.

your reasons 1 and 2 are wishfull thinking. 3 is just not true. 4. ah well, as soon as you start a criticism, some ppl immediately like to call you a troll. meh.

you dont understand what a 51% can do.

good luck with that.
I know about many addresses, but my wallet has just one. If I check the balance of that address on the blockchain, it is not the same as in the wallet. The wallet has approx 1.7 million coins more.

You're seeing a running balance of total coins in. This particular line item does not account for transactions out.
My reasons speak for themselves. You failed to refute any of them.

4. Feel free to go to the blackcoin thread.

so pray that a whale, with bad intentions, does not get 51%

That would cost the attacker about $750,000.

Is it really worth it to attack? I mean they are spending 750K to destroy their own money, who would do that?  

double spend? there will be other flaws... but currently double spend is most likely to occur with a stake of 51% or more.

pure pos is untested. we will see what future will bring.

i am into mint now as well.

ps. it would cost bitcoins. that is why "there is nothing at stake". an early adopter of bitcoin can do this. also the marketcap.. is at highest buy/lowest sell.

marketcap only takes highest buy price and multiplies that by coins available. it wouldnt take 750k usd. not even close.

so coinmarketcap is not even close to real value. simple math.

You see to be completly oblivious to SIMPLE math.

1. There aren't enough coins currently on the market to buy a 51% stake.

2. As soon as someone started to buy many coins, the price would increase exponentially.

3. If anyone were to control 51% it would destroy the value of the coin. Thereby destroying the urge for anyone to acquire so many coins.

4. Not having to do with math. Why the hell isn't anyone asking questions about this on blackcoin's thread. Gee, I wonder. Trolls be gone.

1. wrong. who says that all coins have to be on market?

2. also wrong. there are already large bagholders.

3. not necessarily. only when they dump it would destroy the value of the coin. probably they will pump first and then dump smaller values. then pump again. they want your btc.
in the process they will increase their stake. happens all the time with all coins. ie with auto trade engines. those buys and sells that have random .62173612 etc.

4. blackcoin has similar issues. this is general pos. nothing to do with trolling.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I know about many addresses, but my wallet has just one. If I check the balance of that address on the blockchain, it is not the same as in the wallet. The wallet has approx 1.7 million coins more.
Wich wallet version are you using? is the latest? can you post screen shots, we will help.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is it possible the balances in the blockchain and in the wallet are not the same? The wallet has only one address.

You can have many addresses in your wallet, the number of mints you see in your wallet is the total of all your addresses.
Is it possible the balances in the blockchain and in the wallet are not the same? The wallet has only one address.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I feel like there needs to be a concerted effort to move mintcoin discussion onto the mintcointalk forum. Better than everyone just posting in this one thread.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
HOW MUCH MINT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET?

and plan on keeping it inthere

I want to keep a list.

I'll start

1 omahapoker  1.1 million

is there a site that tells how many MINT are in wallets?

thanks

mintcoinrichlist.com

seems to be down atm though, on my end at least
Did the thunderclap happen yet?

Yup, it posed to my facebook about 4 hours ago
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1169

thanks

blockchain
HOW MUCH MINT DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR WALLET?

and plan on keeping it inthere

I want to keep a list.

I'll start

1 omahapoker  1.1 million

thanks
Did the thunderclap happen yet?

Is it really worth it to attack? I mean they are spending 750K to destroy their own money, who would do that?  

double spend? there will be other flaws... but currently double spend is most likely to occur with a stake of 51% or more.

ps. it would cost bitcoins. that is why "there is nothing at stake". an early adopter of bitcoin can do this. also the marketcap.. is at highest buy/lowest sell.

marketcap only takes highest buy price and multiplies that by coins available. it wouldnt take 750k usd. not even close.

You see to be completly oblivious to SIMPLE math.

1. There aren't enough coins currently on the market to buy a 51% stake.

2. As soon as someone started to buy many coins, the price would increase exponentially.

3. If anyone were to control 51% it would destroy the value of the coin. Thereby destroying the urge for anyone to acquire so many coins.

4. Not having to do with math. Why the hell isn't anyone asking questions about this on blackcoin's thread. Gee, I wonder. Trolls be gone.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Luckily mint isn't a pure PoS. I'm glad to see you are into mint again, welcome back  Smiley based on your posts on this forum you are clearly a very critical thinker and that is great because we need people who are willing and able to scrutinize the coin in a constructive manner.

Likewise, I am thankful for anonymousg64's efforts to pin down any possible security flaws in the PoS system- I'm just not sure I like how he is broadcasting it to the public as though it is fact before there is any certainty to it. I still think any security flaws that do arise should be brought up to the devs of the coins directly and privately so that they can deal with them before they become a problem (telling the general public only informs people how to exploit a security flaw if it does exist, and if it doesn't actually exist then it just spreads fear and uncertainty).

+1 also thanks anonymousg64's efforts but stormia is more than right.

Luckily mint isn't a pure PoS. I'm glad to see you are into mint again, welcome back  Smiley based on your posts on this forum you are clearly a very critical thinker and that is great because we need people who are willing and able to scrutinize the coin in a constructive manner.

Likewise, I am thankful for anonymousg64's efforts to pin down any possible security flaws in the PoS system- I'm just not sure I like how he is broadcasting it to the public as though it is fact before there is any certainty to it. I still think any security flaws that do arise should be brought up to the devs of the coins directly and privately so that they can deal with them before they become a problem (telling the general public only informs people how to exploit a security flaw if it does exist, and if it doesn't actually exist then it just spreads fear and uncertainty).
Jump to: