Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 481. (Read 1369778 times)

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1042
www.explorerz.top
today i should get some minted coins right?
Activity: 483
Merit: 250
I keep my coins until better days. And while they are multiplied in my wallet. And it's cool!
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Wow three new merchants already today! This is why I believe mint has a promising future Smiley

Yes
This day should be a bright future!
Let us work together to hold it until its price rise to our desired position!

Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 86
Someone just bought 21 million mint...I wish I could do that  Shocked

Poor guy!! He'll lose big!!

Poor guy
Many of the recent price drop.
Good luck with it!
Don't sell when the price at the end of!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 224
note that there are people looking into on how to attack pos coins.

reason for this is that proof of stake ( pure ) hasnt been fully checked as a standalone technology.

however, it is written/invented by sunny king who is a very smart dude.

yes, i have seen articles as well on how to damage a pos coin, without cost. most of it is bla or see below.

however, it requires you to have 51% stake atm, but there might be other ways which have not surfaced yet.

"The trouble with Proof-of-stake is that there is nothing at stake."

whales can easily get 51% of the coins. especially at this pricelevel. there is nothing at stake.

so if a whale has bad intentions ( hope wolong is on your side )... yes, then very much damage can be done.

same as with pow coins, you can build a new longest chain that will be seen as valid in the network,
allowing double spend and cancelling transactions/making sure that transactions are not confirmed.

so pray that a whale, with bad intentions, does not get 51%

Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Mintcoin is really good Coin. I told it to my neighbor friends and family ,everyone bought 1 btc

Yes
Mintcoin is a very promising coins, I also bought a lot of
I believe that in the near future, the price will rise a lot! Smiley Smiley
Activity: 392
Since we are discussing tech stuff, do we have any news about coins getting matured earlier than expected?

I mean, I really do not mind having some more MINTs earlier than expected but on the other hand I am a bit worried about the inflation.
It is a different thing to have 20% more coins in 1 year than having them in, let's say, 8 months.

Did the devs commented on that? Maybe I missed it ...

The overall inflation would be the same, it would only be accelerated since the final total number of coins is not changed. right? If anything else, the overall inflation would be less because it would transition to the lower inflation rate sooner?

according to

Code:
int64 nSubsidy = nCoinAge * nRewardCoinYear / 365;

the 20% does not account for compounded rewards

Okay so how does that change: "The overall inflation would be the same, it would only be accelerated since the final total number of coins is not changed."

And please, why are you still only scrutinizing and posting on mintcoin when every PoS coin is affected by everything you are saying here.

same as what?
it wont be the expected 20%
you are looking at a maximum of 22%
but it wont be that because not all coins are minting with perfect 20 day cycles, some are not staking and some are being spent resetting the age

btw, i only answered out of my own will, im not scrutinizing mintcoin, i happen to be here with the source code open
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
What's the latest news about Mint? It is my baby, my heart belongs to Mint but it hasn't has some breaking news for along time. It looks lifeless.

Thunderclap tomorrow/today, sign up if you haven't already! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

The mintcoin foundation is in the works atm.

Supposed to be a Android wallet on the way, too.

Lots of new merchants, as you can see, and more continue to be added very often.

Sleeepy time for me.
Activity: 224
What's the latest news about Mint? It is my baby, my heart belongs to Mint but it hasn't has some breaking news for along time. It looks lifeless.
Since we are discussing tech stuff, do we have any news about coins getting matured earlier than expected?

I mean, I really do not mind having some more MINTs earlier than expected but on the other hand I am a bit worried about the inflation.
It is a different thing to have 20% more coins in 1 year than having them in, let's say, 8 months.

The overall inflation would be the same, it would only be accelerated since the final total number of coins is not changed. right? If anything else, the overall inflation would be less because it would transition to the lower inflation rate sooner?

according to

Code:

Okay so how does that change: "The overall inflation would be the same, it would only be accelerated since the final total number of coins is not changed."

And please, why are you still only scrutinizing and posting on mintcoin when every PoS coin is affected by everything you are saying here (assuming any of it is true).

according to

Code:

Activity: 84
I believe that in long term you are most probably right. However, in order for a coin to develop long term it should survive short term.

Well, I suppose that it will be a bumpier ride than initially expected, noting more, nothing less.

Activity: 210
Thunder coming  https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

Activity: 84

im still on the fence

can someone explain how this stops someone from generating lots of PoS blocks 20 days in the future from a bunch of TX's with small interval, whether through one or multiple wallets

Code:
ss << nStakeModifier;
ss << nTimeBlockFrom << nTxPrevOffset << txPrev.nTime << prevout.n << nTimeTx;
hashProofOfStake = Hash(ss.begin(), ss.end());
if(CBigNum(hashProofOfStake) > bnCoinDayWeight * bnTargetPerCoinDay)
    return false;

im not well enough versed with the code to know what these variable names imply

Go ask blackcoin. Seriously. They like to answer tech questions. None of the tech guys are even online in this thread right now.

Edit: No worries, I posted it for you.
im still on the fence

can someone explain how this stops someone from generating lots of PoS blocks 20 days in the future from a bunch of TX's with small interval, whether through one or multiple wallets

Code:
ss << nStakeModifier;
    return false;

IMO this is another reason why you should be directly asking devs- people who are likely versed in the code and how exactly what these variables represent- instead of possibly crying wolf on a public thread.
im still on the fence

Code:
ss << nStakeModifier;
    return false;

this is what you said on the Zeit forum, over an hour ago: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5962705

"It seemed to make sense from my limited understanding and lack of awareness in the specific algorithms for proof of stake

currently looking at the source code, its likely i was wrong

if only it wasn't such a disorganized mess i could of avoided this embarrassment"

UGH. Go get your Mints people. They won't be cheap forever.
Jump to: