Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 534. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
How has everyone been? I have just been informed of a few projects that are being worked on that are going to be awesome for mint! I will let you all know more as I know more and remember everyone stay fresh Smiley
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!? I mean pos? Really? What good is that when you get orphans or what not? A little explanation other than we have a strong community we have merchants etc..... I don't see anything major that would make the price go up. Not being a troll just trying to understand.

You named the reasons. There is not reason to sell, else hold and profit after. Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services, and you gain more mintcoins only by hold them.

Best Regards.

"There is no reason to sell"
- If the price drops further, you would lose money.  So there actually is a reason to at least consider selling.

"hold and profit after"
- Only if the price goes up, but there's no indication it will (apart from typical daily fluctuations).

"Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services"
- You could say exactly the same thing about Bitcoin, so Mintcoin has no advantage there

"you gain more mintcoins only by hold them"
- 20% more coins after 12 months looks good in theory, but what good is it if the price of Mintcoin can drop 20% in 1 day?

You could say the same things about ANY OTHER COIN...  Bitcoin is not invincible....the price of BTC could drop 20% in 1 day etc...Actually the risk/reward ratio is a lot worse for Bitcoin than it is for Mintcoin, imo (as PoW mining is unsustainable and Btc is becoming more and more centralized)
Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!? I mean pos? Really? What good is that when you get orphans or what not? A little explanation other than we have a strong community we have merchants etc..... I don't see anything major that would make the price go up. Not being a troll just trying to understand.

As things stabilize more the orphans are becoming less and less, and I don't see what is wrong with a few orphans right now? It's not like anything bad happens. You don't lose coin age or anything. Overall, Mintcoin is faster, more energy efficient, has billions of coins which is a good thing because you don't run into the problem that people have with Bitcoin where they don't want to buy 0.19 of a coin for $100 they want to be able to afford to buy a whole coin - so Mintcoin has better liquidity. Transaction times are faster than Litecoin and fees basically 0. More secure from 51% attack because of the hybrid PoW/PoS.  Mintcoin's energy efficiency cannot be understated. The cost of power consumption for PoW coins such as Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dodge, et al. is becoming a beast. Proof-of-Work is basically proof of energy consumption which is not sustainable and terrible for the environment. Once Bitcoin and Litecoin hit their max coin caps, then all of those miners will have to try to make their money on transaction fees with is cost prohibitive. Mintcoin solves so many problems it is ridiculous.

Mintcoin doesn't need miners to secure the network, so it is vastly more energy efficient and secure than Bitcoin, relatively speaking.

With Bitcoin/Litecoin/Feathercoin/Namecoin etc, the security of the network is dependent upon the miners, and this will lead to eventual centralization of the networks and security will be reduced over time. With Mintcoin, the coin is designed in such a way so that security will increase over time, and the network will become more decentralized. So due to the design, Peercoin is the most likely to be sustainable, and not waste excess energy. Mintcoin is greener, better for saving our environment and saving electricity, Mintcoin solves the mining arms race problem we are beginning to see with these other coins.

Bitcoin's security relies on miners. As time goes on, Bitcoin will be forced to move transactions "off block-chain". If Bitcoin moves off block-chain, miners cannot be compensated for these transactions. If miners cannot be compensated, they won't mine. If miners don't mine, network security goes down as time goes on. As time goes on, Bitcoin becomes increasingly less secure and more risky to use as a safe-haven to store very large sums of money. Mintcoin's design solves this problem.

MINT is more energy efficient, secure against 51% attack, and enforce transaction fees at protocol level to defend against block bloating attacks. Bitcoin's network is actually a huge waste of energy, and will become less and less attractive as time goes on, less secure as time goes on, and eventually get block bloated. Mintcoin has "Significant" innovation above and beyond Bitcoin and other coins.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, et al. and potentially even Peercoin will suffer from an endless cycle of perpetually needing more and more and MORE mining gear to keep it going...this process is really turning into a beast that can only end badly...and it is never going to end. The worst part about Bitcoin is that Proof-of-Work has basically turned into Proof-of-Electricity. This is going to be a serious energy problem...and only the places with cheap electricity will be able to compete...this will force energy prices perpetually higher and higher.

But now, with Mintcoin, this is completely unnecessary. Mintcoin is evironmentally sustainable, and shows that Bitcoin is just an inefficient coin, a complete waste of money, and resources. I am not against Bitcoin, I love BTC, but I am looking objectively, and I am willing to admit it is not perfect. Mintcoin is much more tailored to surpass it.

Energy efficiency
Security
Transaction speed
Coin cap
Good name
Good distribution
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

The coin is undervalued. It has a phenomenal community and the developers are constantly adding more features and building connections with merchants and establishing a strong and diversified infrastructure. After the whole Gox debacle, the prices will start to rise again (200,000 BTC found).

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/mtgox-announce-finding-of-200000-lost-btc-523917

This will cause Mintcoin to rise as well. Also, there is a lot of interest from Wall Street (Fortress, Winklevoss, etc.), this will surge the price of Bitcoin and the altcoin market overall.

The PoS has been great, you get orphans, but you never get shortchanged. You will get 1.095% every 20 days if you don't move your coins. Mintcoin is gonna be a breath of fresh air for the investors and speculators. Crapcoins are going to go down. And when they do, the BTCs will flow into high quality coins like Mintcoin, raising the price.

Also, buy support is increasing again. 11 satoshis, support was at 4BTC, now it's at 6BTC. The support at 10 satoshis was at 19BTC, now it's a bit over 20BTC.
Activity: 84

You named the reasons. There is not reason to sell, else hold and profit after. Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services, and you gain more mintcoins only by hold them.

Best Regards.

"There is no reason to sell"
- If the price drops further, you would lose money.  So there actually is a reason to at least consider selling.

"hold and profit after"
- Only if the price goes up, but there's no indication it will (apart from typical daily fluctuations).

"Mintcoin each day is more useful and you will buy more things and services"
- You could say exactly the same thing about Bitcoin, so Mintcoin has no advantage there

"you gain more mintcoins only by hold them"
- 20% more coins after 12 months looks good in theory, but what good is it if the price of Mintcoin can drop 20% in 1 day?

Activity: 84
Ok guys I've been following this thread since the coin existed I bought in at 5 sat and sold at 50 made a nice profit now I hold 1.5mil I'm trying to figure out why you guys seem to think the price will skyrocket? What makes mint so much more special than any other coin!?

Why do Christians believe they'll go to heaven?
Why do Buddhists & Hindus believe they'll be reincarnated?
Activity: 452

Best Regards.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
How is mint just a copy clone? Mint is the first coin to implement PoW/PoS hybrid that goes to 1 coin PoW after the initial PoW phase. Mint is also the first PoW/PoS coin to have a coin cap. The combination of these makes MINT superior in energy efficiency and ability to retain value without being inflated away due to the coin cap. This is a combination of many of the best features of many prior coins, (speed, coin cap, energy efficient, fair distribution) and the combination of such features is what make it new innovation.
I like this argument coolbeans. I'm going to send it to my friends as a reason to invest in Mint.
no it does not. let me explain.

i am not sure if the dev team can do other things beside copy clone ( another fact: mint is just a copy clone ).

can they innovate. do they understand the actual pos design. are they able to extend bitcoinj to pos.

if so, building a mobile wallet should not be a problem.

if so, future might be secured... i might buy more. if not. i dump all.

i only care about profit. this is just another coin i ride.

If you dump all of your Mintcoins, it means you lose out. Since you are spreading FUD, you should be spreading FUD in order to lower the price to buy. Don't mess it up. You have to buy low, then sell high if you talk about profit. Don't sell while you are spreading FUD, that's just silly. If you can't lower the price anymore with your FUD (there is a big buy wall at 10 satoshis), you should just buy in now. I promise you, it's the smart move. The coin is extremely valuable and it will rise really soon and then you can make profit. Go with me on this one. The developer is excellent and the community is strong and growing -you cannot clone these. This will give you tons of profits.

How is mint just a copy clone? Mint is the first coin to implement PoW/PoS hybrid that goes to 1 coin PoW after the initial PoW phase. Mint is also the first PoW/PoS coin to have a coin cap. The combination of these makes MINT superior in energy efficiency and ability to retain value without being inflated away due to the coin cap. This is a combination of many of the best features of many prior coins, (speed, coin cap, energy efficient, fair distribution) and the combination of such features is what make it new innovation.
At least half of my coins are more than 20 days old but i still haven't received any stakes (wallet v 1.6). I remember reading someone's instructions on what to do so that minting starts but i can't find the post. I would appreciate it if someone could help.
How many coins do you have? If it is a small amount it will take longer than 20 days.
Activity: 770
Is something wrong with the Mint wallet.

I had 2M but was having issues with the wallet timing out. Downloaded new wallet and deleted everything except wallet.dat file. New wallet has synced but now I only have a 69K or so and a lot of "mined' transactions with ? mark.

As per the block explorer it correctly states I have 2M, so what gives?

Open the wallet, go to help/ debug window/ console and type.

repairwallet

The mined coins that have a ? are orphaned, there is nothing you can do. The newest HBN wallet lets you repairwallet and it removes all the orphan mined transactions for you.
Activity: 182
Is something wrong with the Mint wallet.

I had 2M but was having issues with the wallet timing out. Downloaded new wallet and deleted everything except wallet.dat file. New wallet has synced but now I only have a 69K or so and a lot of "mined' transactions with ? mark.

As per the block explorer it correctly states I have 2M, so what gives?
Activity: 452
100-200 satoshi's before april/may? what have you been smoking.... also mint is not holding strong. There is no rise. it stays on same level... indicates lack of buy support. nobody ( no investor ) is willing to take a huge gamble on mint. i think that says all... for now.

Yeah, by this your say that buys millions ? I doubt that you have 1 mintcoin, you always are negative. The only lack of support is you. The community loves mintcoin. You are the only troll that continues yelling as a pest. Go to your thread of shitcoin, whatever is.

Best Regards.
legendary
Activity: 1520
Merit: 1205
Mintcoin will feature two pages in the book called Cryptocurrency "The Alt-ernative" the Beginner's Reference

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.new#new

Please donate to the below Mintcoin wallet address in order to help fund this project:

MazFPPCdT28dAsahqE9TyhD5WmDctbV9iz

It will have 2 pages similar to this:

If you spot any spelling or grammar errors, these are easily sorted.  I do have a full time job as well as trying to get this project completed too.
Activity: 126
Don't feed the Trolls!
Here's an infographic to help you indentify them:
Activity: 364

Mintcoin has a lot of unrealized potential. Buying with profits is a good move in minimizing risk.

Especially considering the timing, now is a good time to buy!
dont worry. i know what i am talking about. i only bought from the profit i made earlier. no risk. buying more is risk. so i dont do it. unless conditions apply.
Mintcoin has a lot of unrealized potential. Buying with profits is a good move in minimizing risk.
Activity: 224
dont worry. i know what i am talking about. i only bought from the profit i made earlier. no risk. buying more is risk. so i dont do it. unless conditions apply.
no it does not. let me explain.

i am not sure if the dev team can do other things beside copy clone ( another fact: mint is just a copy clone ).

can they innovate. do they understand the actual pos design. are they able to extend bitcoinj to pos.

if so, building a mobile wallet should not be a problem.

if so, future might be secured... i might buy more. if not. i dump all.

i only care about profit. this is just another coin i ride.

If you dump all of your Mintcoins, it means you lose out. Since you are spreading FUD, you should be spreading FUD in order to lower the price to buy. Don't mess it up. You have to buy low, then sell high if you talk about profit. Don't sell while you are spreading FUD, that's just silly. If you can't lower the price anymore with your FUD (there is a big buy wall at 10 satoshis), you should just buy in now. I promise you, it's the smart move. The coin is extremely valuable and it will rise really soon and then you can make profit. Go with me on this one. The developer is excellent and the community is strong and growing -you cannot clone these. This will give you tons of profits.
Jump to: