Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 583. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Let's see what happens to the prices this week.

Up trend might be coming around
What's happening to the price? I have a sell order @16 satoshi from this morning, it's low (0.3 btc), but I can't sell. The price is going up and down between 15 and 16... What does this mean?

it just didn't hit your order before the price dropped back to 15

Pretty much ^
The price has gone up and down from 15 to 16 until now; my order wasn't removed. So you are saying that there were others (a lot of others) orders before mine?

And, anyhow, why the price is stable at 15 and not at 20 as a couple of days ago?
Activity: 325
New merchant! Improve your water quality with http://waterido.com/buy.htm
Din
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

What's happening to the price? I have a sell order @16 satoshi from this morning, it's low (0.3 btc), but I can't sell. The price is going up and down between 15 and 16... What does this mean?

Pretty much ^
Activity: 364

Activity: 364
I don't really see Mintcoin going any lower. Mintcoin is lots of fun and the devs and community are continually building the infrastructure. This is important for growth and for added value which will push the price up and quickly. Mintcoin reached 64 satoshis overnight from 20 satoshis and it will again. This time it could easily push past 200 satoshis. I can sense big things in the works for Mintcoin in the coming weeks. Mintcoin to the moon.
Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?

Ways to boost the price include adding exposure, value, and utility to the coin which creates demand and adding direct demand subsequently raises the prices.

--You can post an ad on Craigslist offering free Mintcoins. Put up a description of PoS, etc.
--Post up paper ads at college/university bulletin boards advertising Mintcoin.
--Give Mintcoin to friends and family and tell them to give a few to other people as well.
--Make ad campaigns on Facebook advertising Mintcoin.
--Advertise Mintcoin using Google, that goes to a landing page which you create that teaches people about the wonders of Mintcoin.
--Put up ads in hardcopy newspapers.
--Contact all sorts of online merchants and ask them to accept Mintcoin to improve sales. This may be hobby shops, precious metal stores, gun shops, flashlight retailers, battery retailers, toy retailers, anyone, spread the word.
--Whenever you see small sell walls, try to eat them up. Or put up buy support just a hair under the highest bid price.
--Whenever some event may possibly push the price up, try to put some BTC in to support the cause, eat the sell walls, or pick at them, and add support to the buy side. Every little bit helps. Spread the word about what you are doing as well, try to get concerted action from others.

If one hundred people did everything on this list the results would be incredible. If 500 people would participate then we would really get somewhere.
Activity: 280

Din

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Mintpool seems to calculate the hashrate incorrectly. I'm pointing 6.5 mh/s since last night (3 different miners), for last 6 hours, still it shows as 4 mh/s

Why does cgminer not work? Other multipools support it without problems. I would have switched much earlier if it worked, there isn't much information on the website that cgminer doesn't work -- I had to find sgminer and use it for the first time. If you can get it working, I believe you'll have much less resistance for people switching over

You can now use port 3334 on the multipool.
Din
GOOO!!!
 Pool Hashrate: 80.08 MH/s
11:52:09
MintPool  a fresh way to mine!

http://www.mintpool.us/mint/miners.php

Definitely gonna need more miners
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Guido
GOOO!!!
 Pool Hashrate: 80.08 MH/s
11:52:09
MintPool  a fresh way to mine!

http://www.mintpool.us/mint/miners.php
Din
https://i.imgur.com/fCXkRpD.png

Price is still up over 200% from a month ago.

https://i.imgur.com/Zga2gVO.jpg

The rollercoaster is to be expected and is normal, especially with how new MINT is.
Judging by the sentiment where do you think we are right now? Probably starting to be a good time to think about buying back in again.

excellent picture, i like it!

That's a good visual Smiley
Activity: 434
I don't really see Mintcoin going any lower. Mintcoin is lots of fun and the devs and community are continually building the infrastructure. This is important for growth and for added value which will push the price up and quickly. Mintcoin reached 64 satoshis overnight from 20 satoshis and it will again. This time it could easily push past 200 satoshis. I can sense big things in the works for Mintcoin in the coming weeks. Mintcoin to the moon.
Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?

Ways to boost the price include adding exposure, value, and utility to the coin which creates demand and adding direct demand subsequently raises the prices.

--You can post an ad on Craigslist offering free Mintcoins. Put up a description of PoS, etc.
--Post up paper ads at college/university bulletin boards advertising Mintcoin.
--Give Mintcoin to friends and family and tell them to give a few to other people as well.
--Make ad campaigns on Facebook advertising Mintcoin.
--Advertise Mintcoin using Google, that goes to a landing page which you create that teaches people about the wonders of Mintcoin.
--Put up ads in hardcopy newspapers.
--Contact all sorts of online merchants and ask them to accept Mintcoin to improve sales. This may be hobby shops, precious metal stores, gun shops, flashlight retailers, battery retailers, toy retailers, anyone, spread the word.
--Whenever you see small sell walls, try to eat them up. Or put up buy support just a hair under the highest bid price.
--Whenever some event may possibly push the price up, try to put some BTC in to support the cause, eat the sell walls, or pick at them, and add support to the buy side. Every little bit helps. Spread the word about what you are doing as well, try to get concerted action from others.
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
The top address now has 1.1 billion mintcoins  Shocked

I'm guessing that is probably an exchange ...

http://www.mintcoinrichlist.com
is there any multipool work well????able cgminer?
But sgminer is easy to use. You can use the same settings as for cgminer, just remove --scrypt and up the intensity (-i) a little

Yeah I know that. Sgminer is good. If mintpool add other ports , will get huge hashrate.many people cant connect 4444port
Activity: 210
But sgminer is easy to use. You can use the same settings as for cgminer, just remove --scrypt and up the intensity (-i) a little
Activity: 205
Merit: 10
I minted my first coins!!!
I love MINTCOIN.
Great future for this one.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
PGP 9CB0902E
i think that some patience would be in order.
I mean, some time is needed for a coin to roll out in the market.

There have been some merchants coming along, we need to start spending some mints, if we really want to help this coin.
Activity: 210
Mintpool seems to calculate the hashrate incorrectly. I'm pointing 6.5 mh/s since last night (3 different miners), for last 6 hours, still it shows as 4 mh/s

Why does cgminer not work? Other multipools support it without problems. I would have switched much earlier if it worked, there isn't much information on the website that cgminer doesn't work -- I had to find sgminer and use it for the first time. If you can get it working, I believe you'll have much less resistance for people switching over
It do work with some older versions of cgminer.
You can contact the pool owner on his reddit page with any questions/sugestions http://www.reddit.com/r/mintpool/
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

im pretty sure these types of pools only work with sgminer
Wafflepool works just fine with cgminer... The mint multipool looks like it's the same website practically.
Jump to: