Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 584. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Mintpool seems to calculate the hashrate incorrectly. I'm pointing 6.5 mh/s since last night (3 different miners), for last 6 hours, still it shows as 4 mh/s

Why does cgminer not work? Other multipools support it without problems. I would have switched much earlier if it worked, there isn't much information on the website that cgminer doesn't work -- I had to find sgminer and use it for the first time. If you can get it working, I believe you'll have much less resistance for people switching over

im pretty sure these types of pools only work with sgminer
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Mintpool seems to calculate the hashrate incorrectly. I'm pointing 6.5 mh/s since last night (3 different miners), for last 6 hours, still it shows as 4 mh/s

Why does cgminer not work? Other multipools support it without problems. I would have switched much earlier if it worked, there isn't much information on the website that cgminer doesn't work -- I had to find sgminer and use it for the first time. If you can get it working, I believe you'll have much less resistance for people switching over
Activity: 210
I don't really see Mintcoin going any lower. Mintcoin is lots of fun and the devs and community are continually building the infrastructure. This is important for growth and for added value which will push the price up and quickly. Mintcoin reached 64 satoshis overnight from 20 satoshis and it will again. This time it could easily push past 200 satoshis. I can sense big things in the works for Mintcoin in the coming weeks. Mintcoin to the moon.
Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?

Mine mints at the multipool
Activity: 126
I don't really see Mintcoin going any lower. Mintcoin is lots of fun and the devs and community are continually building the infrastructure. This is important for growth and for added value which will push the price up and quickly. Mintcoin reached 64 satoshis overnight from 20 satoshis and it will again. This time it could easily push past 200 satoshis. I can sense big things in the works for Mintcoin in the coming weeks. Mintcoin to the moon.
Hope you're right bro! Really hope so. What else can we as coin holders do to help out the entire effort? I've already annoyed everyone I knoe telling them about Mintcoin and I've given away 50,000 to people to get them to download the wallet and get into the coin. Any ideas about what else to do?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

Price is still up over 200% from a month ago.

The rollercoaster is to be expected and is normal, especially with how new MINT is.
Judging by the sentiment where do you think we are right now? Probably starting to be a good time to think about buying back in again.

excellent picture, i like it!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU

The rollercoaster is to be expected and is normal, especially with how new MINT is.
Judging by the sentiment where do you think we are right now? Probably starting to be a good time to think about buying back in again.
Denial phase or higher.
The dumps are getting smaller and smaller...

Yea but way off capitulation yet.. few magnitudes off for sure
Your attitude is an attempt to seed fear/doubt and cause additional dumping. Or you're being seriously foolish  Undecided There's really no reason to believe the price will drop further unless whales decide to continue their assault.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Denial phase or higher.

Yea but way off capitulation yet.. few magnitudes off for sure
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

Please Like the Mintcoin facebook page. Also please tell friends and family about this great coin and spread the word through other social media such as Twitter. This coin has a bright future ahead of it!
Activity: 434
Let's see what happens to the prices this week.
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some

Denial phase or higher.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

Denial phase or higher.
Activity: 182
Anybody going to this yet? http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,351.0.html

We really need to have some people represent us at that convention. I would offer but I am in the middle of graduate school and the only conferences I can get time off to go to (if I'm lucky) are ones related to my field..

I just messaged them, let's see what they say.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some

Activity: 518
The blockchain is the future
Mintcoin is at the lowest point along with MZC. I picked around half a BTC each. Remember sell if you want, but Mintcoin is going back to 30Satoshis and MZC is going back to 4000 like BC after the SPA scam. Check out my posts to see whether I lie or fucking say the truth. Called TAK when it was 115 and then it became 275
Activity: 210
Just do 1% per 18 days. Your payout looks normal.
You obviously though it was 20% per 20 days not 20% per annum.
I have to say PoS isn't working out very great for me. I have about 1M coins, most of it is aged over 25-26 days now. Wallet is at v1.5, has been open for 3+ days and yes unlocked. Each day I get about 50-60 coins. How will this ever make 200,000 coins a year

How large are your first wallet transactions?? Work your percentages from those

You get it in many small chunks of pos meaning your incoming coins are not the same time, possibly they are from the mining pools etc. Each 50-60 coins should correspond to one or more of your received coins from a pool.
just got my 1st minted coins, damn that looks sexy
I finally got some minted coins after 20 neverending days.
I received 77000 mintcoins from a 10 millions stack. Does it feel normal, particularly high or particularly low for you? Notice I did not receive anything else since then.
How do free money feel like?
Disappointing.
I expected more.

Correct me if I'm wrong:
1. 20% first year, with payout every 20 days
2. 365 days in one year => every payout shall represent 18,25% or the 20% interest (18,25*20=365). That is, 0,0365% of my total
3. My total is 10 millions mints (I'm talking of 10 millions of 20 days old mints). Thus, 0,0365% of 10 millions is 365000.
4. I received 77251 mints. Less than a quarter of what I should have receive.

I hope my calculations are wrong; correct me it this is the case.

I'd say 10 mils for 20 days you should receive:
10000000 * 0.20 * 20 / 365 = 109589 MINTs

Now the question is whether your 10 mils is  transferred to you in one block, or you received them in many chunks. If in chunks, then each chunk may reach the time differently, and you may get the pos in several blocks instead of one. The 77251 you received could be one part of the pos you earned.
Activity: 424
I have to say PoS isn't working out very great for me. I have about 1M coins, most of it is aged over 25-26 days now. Wallet is at v1.5, has been open for 3+ days and yes unlocked. Each day I get about 50-60 coins. How will this ever make 200,000 coins a year

How large are your first wallet transactions?? Work your percentages from those
Activity: 364
Everyday the price drops another Satoshi, but the standard response is "stay strong", "hold", "it's the whales", "keep the faith" or "but it's a great coin".

The basis for this faith is that the coin is technically innovative (i.e. POW/POS combo).  But technical innovation doesn't determine a coins success, for the simple reason that anyone can fork it, change a couple of parameters and call it another coin.  Then it's technical merits no longer give it an advantage.

The market is too saturated with alt-coins, and it's only going to get worse.

For an alt-coin to succeed, it has to have a strong momentum which sustains growth for several months.  Almost all new alt-coins have momentum for a few weeks, then slowly die away.  I'm sorry to say, but Mintcoin is following this pattern as well.

The only coins that have managed to show sustained growth for extended periods are Bitcoin and Litecoin.  Yes, these coins have crashed as well, but they have proven themselves to always come back and that's why investors have faith in them.

Honestly, this is not a troll post because I'm outlining exactly why I believe what I do based on my observations and I'd be glad to be wrong on this one.

Yeah, but what if it is a bear trap and when you put your order on one of the lower priced sell walls the rest of it evaporates away and someones snaps up your entire stash for cheap.

Don't stack large orders close to the asking price. You could get poked.
Jump to: