Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 588. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
according to coinwarz.com none of all the altcoins is profitable to mine with 1.4 Mh/s, 0.4 $ per kw/h and 800w
Well that is a pretty piss poor watt/hash ratio IMHO... combine that with a very high cost per kwh and mining may just not be profitable for you. I'm getting like 1.7 mh/sec per 700 watts or so and last I checked my electricity cost about half of what you just quoted - and I live in an "expensive" area (for energy and in general.)
For information, what I have (France;truly green => the most expensive $kw in the country;Mintbox 2)
Code:
KH/s: 7.00
Watt: 26 (no typo here :))
$/KW: 0.15
Is it a good ratio according to you? I am also concerned with the Mintbox overheating...

Coinwarez tells me to mine SpainCoin. If only I could get cgminer to work with Manjaro Linux...

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
If the mint multipool gets big enough, we could potentially outrun the people trying to keep mint down with our massive buy orders hammering at them. However, that depends on people HOLDING MINT. If people on the mint multipool just sell the mint they get back for btc or other coins, it won't work....

If you want bitcoin, it would be more profitable to use a multipool that mines altcoins for Bitcoin. There are many multipools that do this, the people mining for Mint right now want Mint. Simple.

Edit: Also consider that even if people were to dump all the Mint they receive, It would be offset by the BUY that just occured by the multipool.

Multipool buys 2 BTC worth of Mint -Miners dump 2 BTC worth of Mint = Even trade. However, we need to keep in mind that the 2 BTC BUY will always come first and create buying pressure encouraging other investors to buy.
Din
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
If the mint multipool gets big enough, we could potentially outrun the people trying to keep mint down with our massive buy orders hammering at them. However, that depends on people HOLDING MINT. If people on the mint multipool just sell the mint they get back for btc or other coins, it won't work....

We can only hope that the rest of the community stays strong
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
just got my 1st minted coins, damn that looks sexy
Din
ya they are holding alot of mint and just want to get it cheaper

That's not what I would do if I had a lot of Mint.

It's reaching a serious low from what it's been. I wouldn't be surprised to see a whale orchestrated large price spike soon.

Keeping my eyes peeled for this
Din
We need 50 more MH/s to overtake the dogecoin multipool on the same site. Let's do this.
Only 4 MH/s to get parity of hashing with Dogecoin!

Been lurking this coin for a while, never thought it was gonna reach this level! Cheesy
Activity: 182
you will see buys at 15 reappearing at sell 16.

tomorrow you will see buys at 14 reappearing at sell 15

and so on.

that is a likely scenario.

the downtrend is there. sell pressure is there.

unless someone weeds out the sell pressure.

it will go down.
The same crap happened with leafcoin, it was at around 20 sat for a while then someone started selling at 19 and buying at 18, sell at 17 buying at 16 until it is now ~2 satoshi fixed. When a coin is below 2 satoshi it's dead, some coins still live on in the LTC market or lower but that's childrens money.

If the devs don't react soon people will start leafing mint because they suffered huge loses. It becomes much harder to ever reach the triple digits when it's in the single.

This is exactly what has happened to flappycoin btw. At first everyone said oh its just people loading, keeping price down so they can accumulate a lot, etc etc. Well either that was BS or the loaders are getting too greedy because it has stayed pinned down to 1 sat for weeks with no end in sight.

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
We need 50 more MH/s to overtake the dogecoin multipool on the same site. Let's do this.
Only 4 MH/s to get parity of hashing with Dogecoin!
Activity: 126
Smashing rocks with my GPU
when ppl were laughing at me as I said mint eill hang around 20 whe it was 50 I gave them basic math to go by.... now we are at 20 and I will downgtade my forcast to 10... let the flaming begin!!

Nobody cares what you think. Which is why nobody asked for your opinion.

Maybe u should care Smiley I suspect it will be months before all bugs are ironed out especially since the owner isnt giving sufficient coins as bounties to fix or create features.. until then confidence will drop and maybe in 6 months or so we may see a final bottoming out. Thats if volume sticks around.

Its acting predictably. Now That we stabilized under 20 sats we should see 10 and dips to 5 sats...
Why do you figure that? This situation has already happened before. People said that the 28-22 satoshi range was where it was going to balance out, then it dropped to around where it is now, followed by a rise back up to the same 22+ range.
Trolls are acting predictably.
Activity: 224
and it happens actually faster then expected....
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
when ppl were laughing at me as I said mint eill hang around 20 whe it was 50 I gave them basic math to go by.... now we are at 20 and I will downgtade my forcast to 10... let the flaming begin!!

Nobody cares what you think. Which is why nobody asked for your opinion.

Maybe u should care Smiley I suspect it will be months before all bugs are ironed out especially since the owner isnt giving sufficient coins as bounties to fix or create features.. until then confidence will drop and maybe in 6 months or so we may see a final bottoming out. Thats if volume sticks around.

Its acting predictably. Now That we stabilized under 20 sats we should see 10 and dips to 5 sats...
My question on the multipool is, how do i setup multiple workers? I know on Wafflepool I can just add _workername to the login name, but I'm assuming that won't work on this just yet. So do I need a different wallet address?  Undecided

You could use the same address for multiple rigs, or make new addresses for each. You can probably ask @mintpool on twitter if there's a better way.
I don't use twitter...

I'm trying this now, but it seems like my slower miner isn't getting many accepted anymore, just detecting new block and work restart mostly.
Activity: 434
Multipool Announcement thread.

Please post in the thread and bump it up:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=518654.new#new
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
My question on the multipool is, how do i setup multiple workers? I know on Wafflepool I can just add _workername to the login name, but I'm assuming that won't work on this just yet. So do I need a different wallet address?  Undecided

You could use the same address for multiple rigs, or make new addresses for each. You can probably ask @mintpool on twitter if there's a better way.
Activity: 364
There's something I really don't understand.

There are a few coins like EarthCoin and Mintcoin with >400 pages and both traded on very popular exchanges and still price is lower that many other "crapcoins" without any vision, support or community behind it.

Beats me... really...

Earth and mint are in the billions of coins, some other coins with less active community are in the millions so each coin is usually more worth.

I'm not sure as I don't have mining hardware, but have you tried just adding a worker with the same address? You should be able to track your share rate on the Miners page.

Edit: I see the pool has added hashrate as well. Nice to see this thing being worked on constantly  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
There's something I really don't understand.

There are a few coins like EarthCoin and Mintcoin with >400 pages and both traded on very popular exchanges and still price is lower that many other "crapcoins" without any vision, support or community behind it.

Beats me... really...

Jump to: