Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 718. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
so guys since mining mint isn't the best idea, I'm still buying mint but whats a profitable coin to mine, I tried to do zeitcoin since it's launch yesterday but that was kinda a fail. Any suggestions? I'm looking to mine something and sell for mint.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
50,000+ mint showed up in my wallet as STAKE, then disappeared. Twice!!!

I have many millions of mint in my wallet and was expecting POS to start soon, but I wasn't expecting it to disappear soon after it showed up in my wallet.
So I am wondering WTF is going on with my wallet that 50,000+ mint would show up in STAKE and then disappear.
Any ideas on why my stake has vanished from the front page of my wallet? I don't see it as transactions in received, but it sure was in my wallet a while ago right below the balance in the stake line..

Any others have this problem?

not to treat you as if you dont know the mechanics, but its my understanding that its only in stake till confirmed than moves right into your balance.

gl

Well, until yesterday no-one new exactly what was going to happen except for the mint dev team. So there are no stupid questions at this point.
Stake showed up, but I have no idea if it went into my wallet's balance as there is no record on the transactions. I do have a few small transactions named mined in the transactions, They are very small and don't add up to the stake that I saw in my wallet, that I don't know where it went. Would like to see a paper trail of all deposits into my wallet.

Hey my man, every time a portion of coins is staked you will receive 20% of that staked amount. Now, keep in mind that you will recieve 20% annually. So a stake of 50,000 for a 20 day period should be about 555 Mintcoin if my math is right.
Activity: 169

I have many millions of mint in my wallet and was expecting POS to start soon, but I wasn't expecting it to disappear soon after it showed up in my wallet.
So I am wondering WTF is going on with my wallet that 50,000+ mint would show up in STAKE and then disappear.
Any ideas on why my stake has vanished from the front page of my wallet? I don't see it as transactions in received, but it sure was in my wallet a while ago right below the balance in the stake line..

not to treat you as if you dont know the mechanics, but its my understanding that its only in stake till confirmed than moves right into your balance.

gl

Well, until yesterday no-one new exactly what was going to happen except for the mint dev team. So there are no stupid questions at this point.
Stake showed up, but I have no idea if it went into my wallet's balance as there is no record on the transactions. I do have a few small transactions named mined in the transactions, They are very small and don't add up to the stake that I saw in my wallet, that I don't know where it went. Would like to see a paper trail of all deposits into my wallet.
Activity: 238
Hi. David Latapie
What we want mostly is android wallet.It is the most important.Hope soon.
Thanks.

There is a new wallet in the works.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I would like to apologize for my behavior earlier today in response to deadmanwalking's reply to my post.  I also want to personally apologize to deadmanwalking for the insults I directed at him.  It was rude and there is no excuse for my behavior.  It doesn't help Mint and it doesn't help other users of the forum.
Activity: 625
Hi. David Latapie
What we want mostly is android wallet.It is the most important.Hope soon.
Thanks.
How do you know if your mint wallet is open for PoS or not?

I'm not an expert, but it just automatically started happening yesterday when I opened my wallet.   I thought it was too early for minting, so I was trying to figure out where the coins were coming from.  Anyway, if you have 20 day old coins, it's my understanding that the process is automatic.
I'm the pain in the ass that's been trying to figure out the lag time problem with my Mint wallet.  I finally got it to work correctly with no lag.  If anyone else is having the same problem, I hope this helps.

I did a clean install of Mint wallet version 1.4 from the OP.

I DID NOT use the conf file in the OP, my conf file from version 1.1, or any conf file at all.

I just downloaded the wallet, opened it, and it started syncing with 12 active connections.  No lag now.  It works perfect.

I have no idea why.  I'm guessing there was a conflict of some sort with the conf file.  It worked fine with 1.1.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers.  Maybe this will save some others some time.
Added to the wishlist http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=263.msg773#msg773, so that the problem doesn't happen for others. I also posted it on mintcointalk.com http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=268

Thanks.  I think if new users don't have to bother with creating the conf file, they will embrace the technology faster.  I find the conf file setup is the worst part for people I recruit to use Mint.  A LOT of people have no idea how to do it, and seem anxious with trying to do it.  I usually just do it for them.  The simpler it is, the more people will embrace it.

I probably have 50 different wallets.  I've been mining since 2011.  I spent the whole day trying to fix my own wallet, just because of a minor, stupid oversight on my part.  A lot of potential new users would have given up.  Again, the simpler the better.

EDIT:  I should point out that a clean install is not necessary.  I removed the conf file from the pc with my original wallet version 1.1 with 1.4 upgrade.  I restarted the wallet and it works fine now.  The clean install was on another pc I used for testing.
Activity: 89
Escrow Services Provided
How do you know if your mint wallet is open for PoS or not?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
HoboNickels has multi-wallet.

Multi-Wallet
Support is built into the HoboNickels-qt wallet application for loading and unloading multiple wallets. This allows you to use wallets for different purposes such as: mining, spending, running stake and storing securely offline. In this way you can organize your needs and strike a balance between the need for security, spending and the creation of coins.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Multi-Wallet
Thank you. Updated the wishlist: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=263.msg773#msg773
Monero Core Team
I'm the pain in the ass that's been trying to figure out the lag time problem with my Mint wallet.  I finally got it to work correctly with no lag.  If anyone else is having the same problem, I hope this helps.

I DID NOT use the conf file in the OP, my conf file from version 1.1, or any conf file at all.

I just downloaded the wallet, opened it, and it started syncing with 12 active connections.  No lag now.  It works perfect.

I have no idea why.  I'm guessing there was a conflict of some sort with the conf file.  It worked fine with 1.1.

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers.  Maybe this will save some others some time.
Added to the wishlist http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=263.msg773#msg773, so that the problem doesn't happen for others. I also posted it on mintcointalk.com http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php?topic=268
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Nice design, I hope the devs add multi-wallet.
Please explain multi-wallet.

HoboNickels has multi-wallet.

Multi-Wallet
Support is built into the HoboNickels-qt wallet application for loading and unloading multiple wallets. This allows you to use wallets for different purposes such as: mining, spending, running stake and storing securely offline. In this way you can organize your needs and strike a balance between the need for security, spending and the creation of coins.

http://wiki.hobonickels.info/index.php?title=Multi-Wallet
Monero Core Team
Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Simple button to unlock wallet for minting.
2. Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending)
3. Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.
Added to the wishlist.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

That is normal. It will show your Proof of Stake coins at first, I guess so you know it applied. Look under Transactions. You should see a bunch of deposits from Minting that still need to confirm. They should add to your balance one at a time as confirmed.
Activity: 84

gl
Activity: 182
CharityMiningPools - Donate to Charity while you Mine!

Brand new pool, need miners!  Smiley

mint.charityminingpools.com

PROMOTIONS!
1. 1000 MINT Block Finder Rewards!

2. Signup and start mining MINT today at CharityMiningPools and receive 0% pool fees for the life of your MINT account.
*     PM me here at BitcoinTalk to inform me that you have signed up for the promotion with your username
**   Must mine on the site for a minimum 3 hours to qualify
*** Promotion active until we reach 150+ mh/s (Anyone signed up before that point will get 0% pool fees after mining for 3+ hours)
**** Does not apply to the Mandatory 0.5% Donation fee to Charity.

Be a pioneer and help us get started, come mine while making a difference.  

Mandatory 0.5% donation fee goes to the BitGive Foundation this month.  We welcome and encourage you to donate more to a good cause.

STRATUM, VARDIFF, Datacenter Redundant Server Farm, Load Balanced Servers, Frequent Backups
0.5% Mandatory Donation fee to a Good Cause

Who Are We?
CharityMiningPools was created to allow miners the ability to mine coins while still knowing that their hashing power is going towards something good.  Our goal is to provide a positive and reliable service while delivering a small portion of the proceeds to a deserving recipient.  Plans are in the works to allow individual miners to choose where they would like to donate to based on a pool of available recipients.

How Does This Work?
All coins minded at CharityMiningPools will require a mandatory 0.5% Donation fee.  This donation fee will be collected and donated to the designated charitable recipient for that given month.  Though we only require a minimum 0.5% Donation fee, we welcome and encourage our miners to raise the stakes and donate more to a good cause.

Cheers!
CharityMiningPools
Monero Core Team
Quote from: MintcoinFX date=1393720217
Amazing news !

I've managed to get Thunderclap.it to accept promotion of our Free Mintcoin Giveaway via twitter @FreeMintCoin - Started March 2014 (Ongoing) - See: http://www.mintcointalk.com/index.php/topic,59.0.html

@FreeMintCoin Thunderclap - See: https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/9388-free-mintcoin-giveaway

We only need 100 Supporters by 28th March 2014. If we get those 100 supporters (people who link the Thunderclap.it App to their social media account) then our message instantly gets retweeted to ALL their followers. It's called social reach and it can be MASSIVE in sending MintCoin 'viral' almost instantly.

Simply log into your social media account (twitter, facebook and/or tumblr) then go to the link above and click on the relevant 'Support With' Button.

The tweet sent on the 29th of March 2014 (if we get 100 supporters) links to the forum giveaway promo and to the mintcoin.cc website.

Thank you !
(source: mintcointalk)
Activity: 126
Here is a sneak peak of the wallet coming up.

There is even the possibility of extra features being integrated into the wallet but more of that later.

www.mintcoin.cc

Scroll down the homepage and look at the testimonials (the team is growing).
Looking great!!
A sugestion: Add a button or menu option to unlock wallet for minting. MANY people seem to have a problem unlocking it...

Bringing this to front. More user friendly wallet, somewhere on here it was mentioned a button for unlocking the wallet would be implemented.

That looks great! Can't wait until it's released.

Been on this thread for a while now, and I've come to the conclusion that the best thing we can do for Mint is make the most user-friendly  wallet in the crypto world.

Here are a few suggestions:

1. Simple button to unlock wallet for minting.
2. Multi-wallet functionality (one for saving\minting, one for spending)
3. Lists of Coin age for different groupings of coins.

Please add to this list. I really believe this could differentiate us in a very meaningful way.
Sorry for the re post, just trying to gain some traction here. My last attempt for now  Grin

that looks horrible. drop the gradient in the background and the beveled corners..

I love how things are 'horrible' and other hyperbolic terms of endearment on this forum. For the record, I like the corners. And I especially like people stepping up and trying to make a positive contribution. +1 on effort, style, and cojones Alty!

Activity: 169

Jump to: