Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 867. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100
So I went to protect my wallet with a passphrase and it told me that minting was suspended because of a locked wallet... So will I never receive POS distributions because of the passphrase? I also went to remove the passphrase and that option is greyed out, so I'm in a bit of a bind here...

Simplest way without having to go to the debug console whenever you restart your client:

Create a .bat file in your mintcoin folder which should also have the daemon in it (mintcoind.exe)

Inside the bat file put this:

@echo off
@echo Enter password...
SET /P variable=Password :
mintcoind walletpassphrase %variable% 9999999 true

After starting your wallet, open the bat file, enter your password and you're done until you restart the client again.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Peace weekend,which is a good sign for next week Wink
Activity: 350
Just started mining Mint. I wish I had started earlier. Really nice coin & community.
Mgh3bckYB2161EFW1Pxn2yUHf1V9EV4YAG

Date: 23/02/2014 15:01
To: Mgh3bckYB2161EFW1Pxn2yUHf1V9EV4YAG
Debit: -811.00 MINT
Transaction fee: -0.10 MINT
Net amount: -811.10 MINT

Smiley
Wow, thanks. It's the first time I receive some donation. I'm so happy now  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Just started mining Mint. I wish I had started earlier. Really nice coin & community.

Date: 23/02/2014 15:01
To: Mgh3bckYB2161EFW1Pxn2yUHf1V9EV4YAG
Debit: -811.00 MINT
Transaction fee: -0.10 MINT
Net amount: -811.10 MINT

Smiley
Activity: 613
Merit: 500
Mintcoin: Get some
Create another wallet and setup trust and send coin from one wallet to the other.
Disclaimer - Results are not guaranteed just a suggestion  Grin

Just seems odd that one must choose between security and POS? And if you choose security, there is no going back?

No. You can have both security and PoS. From my understanding it is similar to Peercoin in that you can unlock it for minting only if you want to...there is a certain way to set it up for this though. In time there will probably be developments to make this whole process a lot easier. You don't lose PoS for keeping your wallet encrypted and locked. All you have to do is unlock it every couple months or so and you will still get the equivalent of 20% for the first year and so on. Very active development and many improvements on the way, so I wouldn't be too concerned.
Activity: 350
Activity: 686
Merit: 252
www.cd3d.app
30 to 50 sats in the next four weeks...

In the meantime we are going to be rolling out a merchant adoption program, similar to a kickstarter campaign.

We got lot's of hands on deck for this coin.

Extra devs checking the code for a second opinion so we can ease the transition to full PoS.

Healthy coin, dedicated and growing community = strength in numbers.  Smiley

we hope to see 30 sats in 5 days!!!!!!!
Activity: 714
RISE Project Manager
30 to 50 sats in the next four weeks...

In the meantime we are going to be rolling out a merchant adoption program, similar to a kickstarter campaign.

We got lot's of hands on deck for this coin.

Extra devs checking the code for a second opinion so we can ease the transition to full PoS.

Healthy coin, dedicated and growing community = strength in numbers.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1442
??ALLPOOLZ??
(http://mnt.allpoolz.com/)
"Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock."

No pin attempts in first place, spent the afternoon mining and was generating coins, balance of 0 when I check later (no auto set)

Account is locked after clicking other pages dashboard etc. No E-mail sent how to correct it of after more requests.

Can't reset password to get around it. Contact form not open to guests.

Posted on their twitter and had no help or response whilst they continue to make other posts.

Current stance: They're possibly stealing coins.

http://mint.hashrapid.com is good
legendary
Activity: 801
??ALLPOOLZ??
(http://mnt.allpoolz.com/)
"Unable to login: Account locked. Please Check your Email for instructions to unlock."

No pin attempts in first place, spent the afternoon mining and was generating coins, balance of 0 when I check later (no auto set)

Account is locked after clicking other pages dashboard etc. No E-mail sent how to correct it of after more requests.

Can't reset password to get around it. Contact form not open to guests.

Posted on their twitter and had no help or response whilst they continue to make other posts.

Current stance: They're possibly stealing coins.
Activity: 574
Create another wallet and setup trust and send coin from one wallet to the other.

Just seems odd that one must choose between security and POS? And if you choose security, there is no going back?
Activity: 117
So I went to protect my wallet with a passphrase and it told me that minting was suspended because of a locked wallet... So will I never receive POS distributions because of the passphrase? I also went to remove the passphrase and that option is greyed out, so I'm in a bit of a bind here...
I think you can unlock it so it can mint by running mintcoind walletpassphrase password 9999999 true
Activity: 80
Activity: 574
Activity: 151
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I'm sure we'll get a good answer. Judging by the robust mintcoin exchange mintpal.com this coin is clearly a lot more than the average pump and dump coin.
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002
700 Million coin premine ...  Huh

anyone going to explain this ...

If this is a real question and you are not just trolling this thread then it's right on the announcement page "  - 1% premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc."

And if you have been visiting the giveaway pages and this forum you would see that this is exactly where that coin has been going. We have had our share of scam coins for sure, but the new scam is the newbies offering IPOs without anyone vouching. Stackcoin dev made away with 60 BTC last night. So if you are indeed trying to rip at Mint for the development fund it procured, you are misdirecting your skepticism. There's a few dozen other coins that could use your scrutiny.  

Im not trolling, I've bought a handful but hesitate to buy more until I hear from the dev team about the premine.
Not looking for a general response either, but something more detailed like:

- Giveaways - 50 million (3 given, 47 left)
- Bounties - 200 million  (5 - website, 195 left for mobile wallet, MINT/Fiat exchange, promo video, media coverage etc..)
- Foundation - 50 million
- MintCoin Lead - 200 million
- Developer - 200 million

I'm asking for transparency and would prefer to hear from the dev himself...
As an investor I think I deserve that right.

Here is the the block explorer for block #1, you can see it's been moved around already:
http://mintcoin-explorer.info/tx/d4430aaf41d2f0ff7acd4be895617472d3655e272589b8bf1d6fef3de4715005

Do you not think in 2-3 weeks when you cannot mine anymore, and the only way to get Mint is to buy it that this issue wont come up??
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
I will be running a $500 Mintcoin marketing campaign, starting on Reddit. If there are any particular subs I should be aiming for, let me know. Bear in mind subs like Bitcoin and Litecoin have their ad slots full for the foreseeable future.

The dogecoin reddit has a lot of fresh cryptocurrency blood coming into it. Maybe try some there.

Good idea. I'll also try the peercoin subreddit as others suggested.
Activity: 613
Mintcoin: Get some
MINT is energy efficient, super fast, and will have a wide distribution of initial coins.
Jump to: