Author

Topic: [ANN] [MINT] Mintcoin (POS / 5%) [NO ICO] [Fair distro, community maintained] - page 925. (Read 1369778 times)

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
I can't stand those trolls screaming "OMFG THIS COIN IS DEAD 1 BIL BTC SELL ORDERS 0,5 BTC BUY ORDERS OMFG OMFG NO DEV OMFG"

This is a freakin 9 days old coin, what the hell do you expect? Man, just chill!

MAN +1

Every single thread on here has someone screaming that nonsense. Very annoying!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Can someone recommend a good pool to me. Not finding a good one and its frustrating Smiley
Thanks

http://mnt.coins4everyone.com/

Very good pool.

I recommend this too
Activity: 424
Merit: 250
I can't stand those trolls screaming "OMFG THIS COIN IS DEAD 1 BIL BTC SELL ORDERS 0,5 BTC BUY ORDERS OMFG OMFG NO DEV OMFG"

This is a freakin 9 days old coin, what the hell do you expect? Man, just chill!

Basically other coin fanboys saying anything to destroy coin faith.

People use your brains, this coin is not in demand yet simply because its not POS yet.  Go look at the first 100 pages of another POS coin and see the shit they had to go through.

1) This is quite possibly the smoothest launch of any coin.
2) You can mine another coin while this builds.
3) A decent exchange with the same name coincidently? Www.mintpal.com
4) A Dev that avoids the trolls as he should instead of flame wars.

Really, I'm all in here.  I'd even put down a 2 BTC bet that April 1st. This coin will be sitting pretty at 250+ Satoshi
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Can someone recommend a good pool to me. Not finding a good one and its frustrating Smiley
Thanks

hashrapid.com has been great thus far . . .
Activity: 574
Thanks

http://mnt.coins4everyone.com/

Very good pool.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Activity: 350
Bitcoin Evengelist
Thanks
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I Love the idea behind this coin, with the fast PoW to PoS transition. If things dont improve I'm thinking on getting a group of DEVS together and launching an alternative coin with the same features.

Couldn't you just takeover MintCoin?

Mintcoin is not going anywhere guys.  It is a GREAT coin, and a great idea.   The devs are just overloaded with work!   Look how active they are twitter, making info graphics, helping to spread the word around, plus deal with all the other work.

Give the devs some slack and credit.   Please donate to them and this process can go a bit smoother.  They need to eat too.

As I said: 115 pages in 10 days. Coin is healthy.
Activity: 33
Would be shame if we would let this one die.
At least the concept is slightly innovative and the coins' name is good.
The launch was fair, I could mine it from the start without any issues. I don't see the 1%, 700 mil pre-mine as such a big deal.

Other coins that were perceived as scams by the community with messed up launches are now relatively successful, see Max, see quark etc.
Dev just needs to adress the issues and hire someone to get a decent marketing going for this coin.
Activity: 56
I Love the idea behind this coin, with the fast PoW to PoS transition. If things dont improve I'm thinking on getting a group of DEVS together and launching an alternative coin with the same features.

Mintcoin is not going anywhere guys.  It is a GREAT coin, and a great idea.   The devs are just overloaded with work!   Look how active they are twitter, making info graphics, helping to spread the word around, plus deal with all the other work.

Give the devs some slack and credit.   Please donate to them and this process can go a bit smoother.  They need to eat too.

Activity: 560

Activity: 560
I have no problem synching. conf as below

testnet=0
listen=1
addnode=9.207.10.24
addnode=66.18.67.23
maxconnections=100
server=1
daemon=1
rpcuser=yourser
rpcpassword=yourpw
rpcport=12789
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
Activity: 532
I Love the idea behind this cooin, with the fast PoW to PoS transition. If things dont improve I'm thinking on getting a group of DEVS together and launching an alternative coin with the same features.

I wont post on this thread any more, good luck to everyone.

The free market at work. Just the way it should be. Good ideas should propagate. If it weren't for the wallet issues this coin could be huge. I don't blame you for your doubts.

If the wallet isn't fixed by the next coin halving I will be selling my coins and moving on too. I still believe the coin has potential though, so I will wait until next week.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I wont post on this thread any more, good luck to everyone.
Activity: 210
There are, +60 BTCs on sale orders, and only 8 BTCs on buy orders. Now i'm glad I sold at 7;  moving on to a new coin.

It still might not be dead, I bailed out on the last TIPS (fedora coin) buy order on coinedup but this coin somehow survived and has an active TIPS/LTC market on cryptsy.

The dev activity has me worried, we need more posts, more activity, progress updates and information how to help and be involved.

He is probably spending the pre-mine on coke and hookers and next week he will be back with Sassafrasscoin a new POW/POS hybrid.

1% PREMINE

" - 1% premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc. ""
that is
700000000 , 700 million coins!

AFAIK it's possible to mine only 20 bil, 70 number comes from minting. So it could be interpreted as 200 mil premine.

To have my fait restored in this coin I wiil need:

- Know the exact number of pre-mined coins and how they will be used.
- Get a new client that just works.
- New website and forum

I have bailed out all except 10mil, as far as I see it buying was a mistake and I've made ~1 BTC loss here. I hope it turns out for the best (that's why I didn't sell all) but the way things are going this will be a 1 sat coin soon or dead.

* no dev activity.
* no website and dead reddit - questions without answers.
* nobody knows about this coin yet the distribution phase is only 5 weeks.
* wallet sync issues, daemon issues reported in this thread. I had to modify source myself to be able to compile it on linux - first coin that ever needed this.

With all the software issues how can we be sure the wallet doesn't self destruct when PoS phase hits?

I know I'm not helping this coin by writing this but the signs are pretty clear and if people get some of their money out it means it's worth it writing posts like these.

A coin without a dev is nothing, a coin with a dev but without community is nothing as well, you need both things to succeed mid-long term and this coin lacks both.

Good luck to all who still believe
Activity: 778
Merit: 1000
Basically this coin has a lot going for it, with one exception. It needs AN ACTIVE DEV.

Seriously worse coins with nothing innovative are worth more because of active community devs, good web sites, places to buy and spend the coins. That's how you build value in a coin.

This coin has a large trade volume considering it's not even a couple of weeks old, the dev's need to concentrate on getting the other bits in place and the price will increase substantially.

Agree 100%, it's time to concentrate on marketing before we end up as KDC, USDE, DGB...etc
Activity: 168
There are, +60 BTCs on sale orders, and only 8 BTCs on buy orders. Now i'm glad I sold at 7;  moving on to a new coin.

It still might not be dead, I bailed out on the last TIPS (fedora coin) buy order on coinedup but this coin somehow survived and has an active TIPS/LTC market on cryptsy.

The dev activity has me worried, we need more posts, more activity, progress updates and information how to help and be involved.

He is probably spending the pre-mine on coke and hookers and next week he will be back with Sassafrasscoin a new POW/POS hybrid.

1% PREMINE

" - 1% premine for bounties, giveaways, development, support and maintenance, new feature developments etc. ""
that is

AFAIK it's possible to mine only 20 bil, 70 number comes from minting. So it could be interpreted as 200 mil premine.

To have my fait restored in this coin I wiil need:

- Know the exact number of pre-mined coins and how they will be used.
- Get a new client that just works.
- New website and forum
RPC problem; getbalance is broken.

On a mintcoind fresh from git checkout, with synced blockchain:

Code:
someone@somebox:~$ mintcoind listaccounts
{
    "" : 0.00000000,
    "gamebank" : 999999.00000000
}
someone@somebox:~$ mintcoind getbalance gamebank
someone@somebox:~$ mintcoind getbalance test

This is incorrect. getbalance gamebank should return 999999.0, and getbalance test should return 0.

Can you make it an issue on github? I don't believe it will be noticed here.

1% PREMINE

that is

Activity: 420
Bayern
Like i said a couple days ago, take your profits while you still can. I like MINT but this has been a trend with multiple coins starting at 2 satoshis.
Jump to: