Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [MNT] MountCoin // Need help write here // We search a Developer - page 3. (Read 36067 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
RWTH in Aachen-what is it?

http://bit.ly/1qfyvRR

RWTH Aachen University (Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen)[6] (German pronunciation: [ɛʀveːteːhaː ˈʔaːxən]) is a research university of technology located in Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany. With over 40,000 students enrolled in 130 study programs, it is the largest technical university in Germany.[2][4] The institution maintains close links to industry and accounts for the highest amount of third-party funds of all German universities in both absolute and relative terms per faculty member.[7]

The Klinikum Aachen, full German name "Universitätsklinikum Aachen" (University Hospital Aachen), abbreviated UKA, formerly known as "Neues Klinikum", is the largest hospital in Europe, located in Aachen (Germany). It is part of the RWTH Aachen and contains its whole medical faculty.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1000
RWTH in Aachen-what is it?

I suggest we change name to VOLCANO

Ie the mountain didnt die.. it ERUPTED

Serious community support here.

But Personally I think that the coin should have a new owner and new developer. Too much bad history for this.

We only can say sorry for this. But we have a new Team. Only me and Eldin Hadzic are still here. The other 5 are from the RWTH in Aachen

We never would let Mountain die, the Heart is only transplanted and life now in Horizon
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

I suggest we change name to VOLCANO

Ie the mountain didnt die.. it ERUPTED

Serious community support here.

But Personally I think that the coin should have a new owner and new developer. Too much bad history for this.
I have a question regarding where to put my coins before the update. My old wallet, with all of my coins in it, seems to have an address that is not recognized by v2.02.

I created a new wallet using v2.02 and I am able to transfer funds from my old wallet address to this new address. However when I try the reverse, sending funds from new to old, I get an invalid address error.

The question is, should I move all of my coins to this new address, or keep them at the old "invalid" address? I'm worried that when the new version is released one of the two address will be completely invalid and I'll lose my coins, I'm just not sure which is safe to keep. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks

Please wait for HorizonCoin and see if the "invalid" Wallet become valid
And what if it doesn't?

Then I help you
Activity: 458
Merit: 265
I have a question regarding where to put my coins before the update. My old wallet, with all of my coins in it, seems to have an address that is not recognized by v2.02.

I created a new wallet using v2.02 and I am able to transfer funds from my old wallet address to this new address. However when I try the reverse, sending funds from new to old, I get an invalid address error.

The question is, should I move all of my coins to this new address, or keep them at the old "invalid" address? I'm worried that when the new version is released one of the two address will be completely invalid and I'll lose my coins, I'm just not sure which is safe to keep. Anyone have any insight?
Thanks

And what if it doesn't?

Thanks

Thanks
if this is the case what are us pool ops supposed to do

Wait for HorizonCoin we publish in a few Hours
new fresh code?

Wait for HorizonCoin we publish in a few Hours
This is great news. So to be clear, is the compiled Version 2.02 on the website here ok to use for now?
https://mountcoin.org/download.html

I forgot that 2.02 fails when I try to mine to my remote wallet with it, I get an invalid address error.  It will work if I have the wallet on the same machine, where I can start mining from within the wallet.

2.0 seems to work for remote mining though.

Please don't use this Version in a few Hours we release HorizonCoin Version 1.0.0 , it is the same Generis Block, so you only need to Update the Deamon and Wallet. We are currently in a airplane.
This is great news. So to be clear, is the compiled Version 2.02 on the website here ok to use for now?

I forgot that 2.02 fails when I try to mine to my remote wallet with it, I get an invalid address error.  It will work if I have the wallet on the same machine, where I can start mining from within the wallet.

2.0 seems to work for remote mining though.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Let me know if there's still something seriously wrong with this code (there are likely more problems lurking).

I usually work on nVidia GPU miners in my spare time, not cryptonote coins. But I would try my best to
bring back this coin from its Zombie state.

If the orphan problem remains, we can replace the slow-hash.c code with some SSE2 optimized version that
would reduce the latency for checking blocks (and hence the blocks propagate faster through the network).

Christian

Thank you for the fix. We also wanted to to this, please tell me your Address I want to send you 30MNT.

But you have used a Beta of MountCoin, we release a Stable Version in a few Hours.

The New Version would have a new Name. Because we do a relaunch

Nothing wrong with the name.. Just keep it like this and do some branding -> Logo contest.
And update the first post of this forum topic with version info and releases.

We think that a new Name is better for a relaunch. A new name a new start. With more Developers.
Because we are from Aaachen we asked some of the RWTH to join our Team. And they said YES

Well done! HorizonCoin sounds good Smiley Get a logo and stable version and this coin can do OK.

nice name
Activity: 655
Merit: 500
Let me know if there's still something seriously wrong with this code (there are likely more problems lurking).

I usually work on nVidia GPU miners in my spare time, not cryptonote coins. But I would try my best to

If the orphan problem remains, we can replace the slow-hash.c code with some SSE2 optimized version that
would reduce the latency for checking blocks (and hence the blocks propagate faster through the network).

Christian

Thank you for the fix. We also wanted to to this, please tell me your Address I want to send you 30MNT.

But you have used a Beta of MountCoin, we release a Stable Version in a few Hours.

Nothing wrong with the name.. Just keep it like this and do some branding -> Logo contest.

We think that a new Name is better for a relaunch. A new name a new start. With more Developers.
Because we are from Aaachen we asked some of the RWTH to join our Team. And they said YES

Well done! HorizonCoin sounds good Smiley Get a logo and stable version and this coin can do OK.

Christian

A relaunch with a new name is fine as long as you keep the blockchain intact.

Keep your 30 MNT

I'll keep my repository up for a few days, just in case your newly released
version will still have problems.

Christian

Ok, we use the same Blockchain, we allready build

Let's go HorizonCoin
Pages:
Jump to: