Author

Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs - page 132. (Read 450689 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
We're solidifying the ideas now for when MUE migrates.
The plan will be aiming for a coin swap end date of 40 days from now which ties in with a coin supply of 100 million MUE (give or take a little).

So, if you want to be part of this then watch all the usual channels for updates in the coming days.

Just a heads up though, X11, Dash clone, and if you want some of the solo masternode action, make sure you have 1 million MUE to pay for it Wink
"shared" options in masternodes will also be offered of course.

Now is a good time to buy, we fully intend in making huge progress with this project over the next 12 months & wisely investing the development fund in further growth
https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-MUE

More updates coming with clear and solid plans and direction.

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 273
Merit: 100
how to get fast syn MUE wallet..??

Here you can get the blockchain files from last month

http://coinofview.com/coin/MonetaryUnit.html
link for the files
https://mega.nz/#!qwQgWAoa!jPe3A6WgqPGKYiZ326LWNCOt6VBG857XkovEPKJWoqc

Just unzip in the same folder as your wallet like linux /user/.monetaryunit/ and start the wallet much faster than using the bootstrap.

legendary
Activity: 824
Merit: 1000
how to get fast syn MUE wallet..??
legendary
If you haven't voted please do:

Please see PJCLTDs poll on the future direction of MUE.

Please get involved, discuss, air your views, don't take a back seat

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15700834
We'll be closing this poll this weekend, so speak now or forever hold your peace Smiley
legendary
If you haven't voted please do:

Please get involved, discuss, air your views, don't take a back seat

legendary
Happy birthday MUE, two today Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

Please get involved, discuss, air your views, don't take a back seat Smiley

Great decision to make the change of MUE, a one to vote for. I have already made my vote and hope that whichever algo wins be very beneficial towards the future of the cryptocurrency. Also, I was thinking of a new logo for MUE (in case it is necessary) to give out a fresh new look and feel once it gets a change of PoW algorithm. Another thing would be an implementation of a physical MUE (similar to Bitcoin's Denarium) where you can use it as cold storage for your MUE. If such thing would've existed by now, I would've bought one already. Just my thoughts.  Grin
legendary

Please get involved, discuss, air your views, don't take a back seat Smiley

legendary
New merchant now accepting MUE
https://www.mp-hosting.co.uk

Pay for your hosted unomp/mpos pool with MUE

That is absolutely fantastic. One more merchant for MUE, yet one more ticket towards long term success. This one is really good and will be very ideal for a little project that I'm working on involving a decentralized organization with its own cryptocurrency. Investors will receive a 4% bonus if they use MUE as payment method to buy that cryptocurrency. More details will be available soon on an announcement thread.  Smiley
legendary
New merchant now accepting MUE
https://www.mp-hosting.co.uk

Pay for your hosted unomp/mpos pool with MUE
legendary
Happy to announce that pjcltd will be taking over as technical lead for the MonetaryUnit project.

pjcltd will be leading the transition over, and as a community we need to finalise how we want the new MUE to be.
ETH, DASH,?
hashimotodagger, x11, scrypt

This will be an important project and we will manage the transition as a senior team and a community together.
This will open up a huge array of possibilities over the long term, and in the short term address many concerns regarding network hashrate, pool issues, services no longer active etc

I am still awaiting updates from UpgradeAdvice, however he is not being forthcoming with any resolutions.
legendary
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
    I don't have looked in the deep of mining algorithms yet.
    What about the algorithm ETH uses. Sure there was problems in the past, that was to be expected from a new concept (as far as I understand it, its a new concept), but they are in the process of getting rid of it and the algorithm sure has it's fans.

Personally I do not like DASH to much. I just tried the mixing function once and it never got finished. Maybe if privacy is an factor mixing should be an automatic process.

When I think about it mixing could be a great option but currently in DASH there are to less pople doing it. I can only assume that would be an even greater problem for MUE.
    My quick thoughts about (without knowing the consequences)
  • Make mixing and private send the default behavior
  • introduce an special transaction type for mixing that comes with no fees but got accepted by miners lets say 10 transactions per block
  • make wallets respond to that transaction type by joining the mixing so that enough people for the mixing are participating
  • With a view in the future and a view to the bitcoin blockchain. Find a way to give transactions a priority value based on there creation time. With bitcoins if you do a transaction it is based on your luck when a transaction is taken into the block. (Last BTC transaction took 4 days for me). With an priority system for transactions based on creation time and payed fees. you can assure that each transaction will be processed some time, it can be predicted very good.
  • With an priority system for transactions the block creation algo can be changed from x transactions per block to an each block contains all transactions with priority greater x. That would lead to a very fast transaction acceptance even when there are very much transaction flying around

I hope you understand what I mean. At least that's what I would do if I ever made a coin myself. Well I would not create just a coin but a coin ecosystem of three coins and an hole new (self designed) algorithm Smiley.[/list]
legendary
Please join in the discussion on Slack at our auto-invite link
https://mueslack.herokuapp.com/

or feel free to air your views in this thread.

I am currently quite strongly attracted to a DASH migration for MUE.

So, a change of algo to X11 - X11 algo has lots of stable mining software & hardware for it, and to rent an X11 rig is at least half the price of a Quark rig.

Addition of Masternodes - These are pretty much a way to have POS benefits to a POW coin.
So while MUE will become an X11 POW coin, people can invest their MUE into a Masternode (price to be confirmed - maybe 1,000,000 MUE) and receive dividends from it.
Currently I believe the DASH Masternodes receive a yearly dividend of 10.14% of the coins they have invested in a masternode (and cost is 1000 DASH i.e $8,000)

DASH has a huge and active community which will hopefully benefit our project.

I was chatting to MTX_Demon who runs www.weminemue.com and he suggested a merge mine with DASH which could potentially make us the DOGE equivalent to Litecoin but for DASH.
That would be huge for our project if we could iron out the technical aspects.

I have grave concerns about remaining with the Quark algo, and I have concerns also about becoming a pure POS coin.
Happy to hear alternatives, but I think migrating to the DASH codebase would give us huge advantages for the future.

I don't plan on changing parameters regarding block time, and block reward, but I am thinking of reducing the total coin supply to 4,000,000,000.

Thoughts?

In my opinion, I think that it is the best decision to be made for the benefit of MUE. I like the idea of Masternodes as it proves a great way to receive incentives while running a full node to support the network. DASH has done great with this and I think that if MUE implements it, the network will become even stronger with the addition of masternodes.

Still, I think that we may need a rebranding (if necessary) to give out that fresh new look of a coin once the change of algo is accomplished.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Please join in the discussion on Slack at our auto-invite link
https://mueslack.herokuapp.com/

or feel free to air your views in this thread.

I am currently quite strongly attracted to a DASH migration for MUE.

So, a change of algo to X11 - X11 algo has lots of stable mining software & hardware for it, and to rent an X11 rig is at least half the price of a Quark rig.

Addition of Masternodes - These are pretty much a way to have POS benefits to a POW coin.
So while MUE will become an X11 POW coin, people can invest their MUE into a Masternode (price to be confirmed - maybe 1,000,000 MUE) and receive dividends from it.
Currently I believe the DASH Masternodes receive a yearly dividend of 10.14% of the coins they have invested in a masternode (and cost is 1000 DASH i.e $8,000)

DASH has a huge and active community which will hopefully benefit our project.

I was chatting to MTX_Demon who runs www.weminemue.com and he suggested a merge mine with DASH which could potentially make us the DOGE equivalent to Litecoin but for DASH.
That would be huge for our project if we could iron out the technical aspects.

I have grave concerns about remaining with the Quark algo, and I have concerns also about becoming a pure POS coin.
Happy to hear alternatives, but I think migrating to the DASH codebase would give us huge advantages for the future.

I don't plan on changing parameters regarding block time, and block reward, but I am thinking of reducing the total coin supply to 4,000,000,000.

Thoughts?
I hope so too.
The convention will be held from 2016-08-26 to 2016-08-28 if you interested you can visit the link: https://aninite.at/
So I will be under time pressure for some time

On the page you can change the language to English but only basic Pages are translated the rest of the site is German sorry
legendary
There's a new update on the wrapper front. I took me a while. Planing an 20.000+ Visitor Event and writing this wrapper proofed really incompatible. However somehow I managed to make the time.

The wrapper is finished. A new Release is added to GitHub (https://github.com/swtrse/BittrexClient.net)
I still consider this a pre-release because it is not tested in the wild.

The next steps will be
1) Writing a a small documentation and add it to the GitHub (Will be done in the next hours)
2) The Wrapper is made async so a client can call the wrapper methods many times at once. I will add a flood protection so that the wrapper ensures that there are only the allowed api calls per second.
3) Starting to write a trading tool based on that wrapper.

With the first version of the Trading tool the Build state of the wrapper will switch to a non pre-release state.

If someone wants to participate or do have input. Please use the issue function on GitHub. To file a request/issue.
English is not my natural language and writing an wrapper to a (poorly) documented api is one thing understanding what the parameters are doing is an other.
If you like you can take a look at the Goldfinger.Bittrex.xml file inside the zip archive. This file contains the descriptions for all public Methods, Entities and Properties that can be used.
I tried to use the same names for the same thing all around the api planing if I ever write an other wrapper for an other exchange to use the same names, so that a developer who uses my wrappers always know that this name has this meaning regardless how the exchange names it. I have done a lot of guessing there and if someone thinks the naming is off and should be changed please file a suggestion on GitHub.
Localization of Error Messages is also possible. If someone do want to add a language I can extract the strings for translation.

Thank you Swtrse for your continued support of this project, and for finding the time in your busy schedule.
I hope your convention went well Smiley
legendary
There's a new update on the wrapper front. I took me a while. Planing an 20.000+ Visitor Event and writing this wrapper proofed really incompatible. However somehow I managed to make the time.

The wrapper is finished. A new Release is added to GitHub (https://github.com/swtrse/BittrexClient.net)
I still consider this a pre-release because it is not tested in the wild.

The next steps will be
1) Writing a a small documentation and add it to the GitHub (Will be done in the next hours)
2) The Wrapper is made async so a client can call the wrapper methods many times at once. I will add a flood protection so that the wrapper ensures that there are only the allowed api calls per second.
3) Starting to write a trading tool based on that wrapper.

With the first version of the Trading tool the Build state of the wrapper will switch to a non pre-release state.

If someone wants to participate or do have input. Please use the issue function on GitHub. To file a request/issue.
English is not my natural language and writing an wrapper to a (poorly) documented api is one thing understanding what the parameters are doing is an other.
If you like you can take a look at the Goldfinger.Bittrex.xml file inside the zip archive. This file contains the descriptions for all public Methods, Entities and Properties that can be used.
I tried to use the same names for the same thing all around the api planing if I ever write an other wrapper for an other exchange to use the same names, so that a developer who uses my wrappers always know that this name has this meaning regardless how the exchange names it. I have done a lot of guessing there and if someone thinks the naming is off and should be changed please file a suggestion on GitHub.
Localization of Error Messages is also possible. If someone do want to add a language I can extract the strings for translation.
Jump to: