Author

Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs - page 159. (Read 450689 times)

Activity: 157
Merit: 100
h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o
Run a full MonetaryUnit 1.0.10.7 node on Raspbian 4.1.7-v7+
I used SSH to connect to my Pi, though you may use these commands in a terminal directly.

Code:
ssh pi@raspberrypi

Code:
wget https://github.com/MonetaryUnit/MUE-Src/releases/download/v1.0.10.7/monetaryunit-1.0.10.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz
sudo tar --strip-components=8 -xvf monetaryunit-1.0.10.7-arm-linux-gnueabihf.tar.xz -C /usr/local

Optionally, use a bootstrap.dat if you have the space for it on your sdcard. You'll need 2GB+ free on /dev/root 
Code:
df -h

Download and extract the bootstrap as per these instructions. Edit your conf to allow remote rpc commands by adding server, listen, and rpcallowip=ipaddr
Code:
rpcuser=monetaryunitrpc
rpcpassword=superstrongpassword
daemon=1
server=1
listen=1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.113

Then you may run monetaryunitd to start the daemon. Once synced, you may issue commands to your Pi MUE daemon from your desktop with rpcconnect=piaddress
Code:
monetaryunit-cli -rpcconnect=raspberrypi -rpcuser=monetaryunitrpc -rpcpassword=superstrongpassword getinfo

Or you can save those options in a new config and call it with
Code:
monetaryunit-cli -conf=pi.conf getinfo
h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o
64 bit download of new wallet gives 32 bit wallet.......is this correct?  did we lose the original mue dev?  sorry is silly question, haven't had much time for crypto these past several months.
ps a 64 bit wallet is on the to do list Smiley
We'll let people know when it's released.

MUE 64-bit for Windows should be up soon.

Hey thanks for sharing these instructions! After downloading the bootstrap.dat file and placing it onto my appdata directory I have follow the instructions carefully and got synced in 30 mins! That was way faster than it was before. Thanks a lot! Now I can invest into MUE and begin my journey. I'm fully synced with a maximum of 8 connections to the MUE network.  Cheesy

I'm glad you got it synced. Having a proper bootstrap makes all the difference in getting set up quickly. Assuming port 29948 is open and correctly routed to your computer, your connection count should increase as more people upgrade from older clients.
Good luck, and see you on the moon!
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
64 bit download of new wallet gives 32 bit wallet.......is this correct?  did we lose the original mue dev?  sorry is silly question, haven't had much time for crypto these past several months.
ps a 64 bit wallet is on the to do list Smiley
We'll let people know when it's released.
legendary
Hi Jim, welcome back.
Upgradeadvice is still  our dev.
For Windows there is currently just the 32 bit release.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

Thanks for sharing info, so far everything looks very good from my point of view.
MUE team is doing amazing work, thank you all for that!

Current BTC/MUE market looks not as good as the development progress. On the other hand it's a chance for those who want to invest into the MUE project.

~20sat / MUE    there might not be a better moment to buy in.

Best regards.
legendary
legendary
h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o
Using bootstrap.dat to speed up initial sync
The latest official bootstrap.dat files are only found at github. Last Block: 1186562

Downloads
Uncompressed MonetaryUnit Bootstrap (534.87 MB) [Sig]
Compressed MonetaryUnit Bootstrap  (262 MB) [Sig]

Public Key

Brand New Installations:
Before launching MonetaryUnit, move your downloaded bootstrat.dat(.tar.xz) to your MonetaryUnit datadir and extract if needed:

Windows  
%APPDATA%\MonetaryUnit\

Linux  
~/.monetaryunit/

Mac OSX  
~/Library/Application Support/MonetaryUnit/

Then start MonetaryUnit. Qt users will see "Importing blocks from disk" along with a progress bar at the bottom left of the window. This process currently takes my SSD-equipped laptop around 25 minutes , plus additional time to sync blocks found after the bootstrap was created.

Existing Users:
You may also use bootstrap.dat to speed up syncing your existing, outdated blockchain by adding
-loadblock=/path/to/bootstrap.dat
to your launch command.

Faster Sync:
You can use the following to increase the dbcache if your system resources allow it. The bootstrapping process currently takes me 15 minutes using 1Gb dbcache.
Code:
monetaryunit-qt -loadblock=/path/to/bootstrap.dat -dbcache=1000

Once the bootstrapping is complete, the file will be renamed to bootstrap.dat.old. You may delete it, or leave it and rename to bootstrap.dat if you need to use it again.
legendary
Here's an current list of 1.0.10.6 nodes running on the default ports:

addnode=104.131.230.130
addnode=104.131.87.192
addnode=104.236.101.122
addnode=104.236.152.29
addnode=104.238.171.172
addnode=108.61.117.108
addnode=167.114.156.87
addnode=208.180.248.203
addnode=[2607:5300:60:2c48::]
addnode=5.196.190.82

Add them to your monetaryunit.conf in the data folder:

Windows - %APPDATA%\MonetaryUnit\
(XP) - C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\MonetaryUnit\monetaryunit.conf
(Vista, 7) - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MonetaryUnit\monetaryunit.conf
Linux - ~/.monetaryunit/   /home/username/.monetaryunit/monetaryunit.conf
Mac OSX - ~/Library/Application Support/MonetaryUnit/   /Users/username/Library/Application Support/MonetaryUnit/monetaryunit.conf

I did add the nodes you posted, but even still I'm getting only 8 connections to the MUE network. Am I doing something wrong? Just need faster sync rates.

Here is a screenshot of the MUE Client running on Windows XP within VirtualBox:

I would gladly begin to invest in MUE once all of this is sorted out. Can't wait to start the journey with MUE.

P.S. It does not sync anymore and it is stuck on some blocks...
legendary
If anyone has some spare hash, or just wants to move pool, please do support our devs pool www.exapool.com
Thanks Smiley
h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o
Here's an current list of 1.0.10.6 nodes running on the default ports:

addnode=104.131.230.130
addnode=104.131.87.192
addnode=104.236.101.122
addnode=104.236.152.29
addnode=104.238.171.172
addnode=108.61.117.108
addnode=167.114.156.87
addnode=208.180.248.203
addnode=[2607:5300:60:2c48::]
addnode=5.196.190.82

Add them to your monetaryunit.conf in the data folder:

Windows - %APPDATA%\MonetaryUnit\
(XP) - C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\MonetaryUnit\monetaryunit.conf
(Vista, 7) - C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\MonetaryUnit\monetaryunit.conf
Linux - ~/.monetaryunit/   /home/username/.monetaryunit/monetaryunit.conf
Mac OSX - ~/Library/Application Support/MonetaryUnit/   /Users/username/Library/Application Support/MonetaryUnit/monetaryunit.conf
legendary
Is there any way to get faster sync rates? The maximum number of connections I get is 8.

Try turning off upnp and opening/forwarding port 29948 to your node. You can also use bootstrap located here.

Thanks for sharing this, but I cannot seem the difference anyhow. I have copied the bootstrap.dat file to the default MUE data directory which in this case is in the Appdata folder. But after opening the client, I still have the same number of remaining blocks left for syncing (1 year and 10 weeks behind) Any suggestions?  Huh

P.S. The upnp feature was disabled.
h͞è̵̸l̨ĺ̶o
Is there any way to get faster sync rates? The maximum number of connections I get is 8.

Try turning off upnp and opening/forwarding port 29948 to your node. You can also use bootstrap located here.
legendary
Please update your wallets ASAP to avoid coin loss
https://github.com/MonetaryUnit/MUE-Src/releases/tag/v1.0.10.6
Thanks

I have updated to the latest wallet, but there is still a problem. I can't seem to get many connections to the MUE network. Syncing is extremely slow and it is noticeable when looking at the Debug Window which says the current number of blocks synced. I don't know if its me, but it takes too long for wallet to become fully synced. Is there any way to get faster sync rates? The maximum number of connections I get is 8.
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
legendary
legendary
legendary
I am it is fixed. These kind of things are never good. Especially since many exchanges are looking for some excuses to delist alt's.
Let's hope MUE survives this dance.
MUE will be fine Smiley
If nothing else, you can't beat a bit of crypto tango
Jump to: