Author

Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs - page 219. (Read 450686 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 250
Share Love
Hi dev,

The basic concept of this MUE coin looks great. Me, U, Everybody as a monetary unit for all.

However, if you do want to make it accessible to all, I sincerely suggest you to fix the wallet's virus issue first:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/af168dd1d44943431dc4a42fc35e8b5b700bc5c4fe40efa61bfd011566d07782/analysis/1411645485/

I truly believe it's not difficult for you to fix it, otherwise I can only expect this coin will reach far less people than you can imagine.
Mue
Activity: 476
MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.
Our Faucet has been amended to now supply 10 MUE per user/24 hours, a TEN fold increase, please visit www.freeMUE.com.

Also, you can like our FaceBook page www.FaceBook.com/MonetaryUnit
and follow us on Twitter www.Twitter.com/MonetaryUnit for more rewards.

More services on the way including
  • Website re-designs for our block explorer site www.MUEchain.info & Faucet site
  • iOS wallet app currently in development (We will be one of the first Altcoins to achieve this!)
  • Android wallet app
  • In-wallet pool mining

These should all be live within 1-4 weeks.
Mue
, and one of my coins tanked.  Cheesy  Oh I'm gonna take over the world for sure!

LOL!

Well, I think we should all work to our strengths..and it sounds like your crypto investing skills are about as good as mine.
I bought WDC at what will probably be known as its "peak"....

You may be interested to know (as hopefully others will too) that I am looking at making "entry level" mining packages for potential new entrants into crypto, and specifically for MonetaryUnit.

The plan is to have a "plug and play" RaspberryPi that users can buy from the MUE shop, plug in the power, plug in a LAN cable and it is already pre-configured to their wallet address (which will already have some MUE deposited to it as a starter incentive) and will tick along mining for them (utilising the hugely powerful 700mhz processor!), supporting the network etc.

It may be that we just sell a pre-configured SD card for installation rather than the hardware, but still early days.

I have at least started stage one, obtaining the RaspberryPi....

If anyone wants to help with this please let me know Smiley
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1002
Of course it wasn't the miners who made out well during the gold-rush, it was their suppliers.  It looks like it's all going to come down to electricity costs, and bonus points for cooling.  Manitoba is going to be one of those puddles in the desert one of these days.  Our juice here actually costs less than in Iceland.  6c khr vs 10c, quite the difference.  Might have to talk to a friend or two about this, get something going.

Well, I think this is true with regards to the labour intensive coins (which are the majority of currently successful coins).
MUE was never set up to be part of this arms race though, and I wonder how long this drain on resources can go on before it plateaus/declines.
Certainly, long term, community, algorithm & accessibility is the key formula to success.  Can't wait to see how things develop over the next 3-5 years and beyond...fascinating stuff...really is

Yeah, there's a bit of a split-personality thing going on here.  On the one hand, you need the hash power to be distributed, but the asic arms-race has worked to concentrate it.  Optimally you'd want what I hope can happen here, one wallet per comp hashing away and securing your own personal portion of the net.  The next big thing, and it's gotta happen, and it's gonna be big, is for ALL these algos to start DOING SOMETHING!  I get positively ill when I think of the computing power of the Bitcoin network, it makes Oak Ridge's Atlas look like a pocket calculator compared to Atlas.  Only a few attempts to to link it to Folding@home and I mine Riecoin, but there must be more than folding proteins and crunching primes.  Whatever it is we're crunching though it will continue and trend higher.  I think Manitoba would be a good place for smaller independents.  Gotta wrest it away from the asics and turn it back into a cottage industry.

It is interesting.  We're writing science fiction.  There's less than 20 places in Winnipeg where you can use Bitcoin and we're mapping out the necessaries for a new financial system.  My Cryptsy balance is let's see... 0.00960782 BTC.  It was twice that earlier but I blinked, ate, went for a shit, something or other, and one of my coins tanked.  Cheesy  Oh I'm gonna take over the world for sure!
Mue
is there anything special about this coin?
I answered this the first time you asked this question.
Activity: 280
is there anything special about this coin?
Mue
{
"blocks" : 131355,
"currentblocksize" : 0,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 47.13013139,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : false,
"genproclimit" : 1,
"hashespersec" : 0,
"pooledtx" : 1,
"testnet" : false
}

What's happend? The diff has grown from 9 to 47 within the past 24 hours.
i think it's because of my 19Mh rented rig and many others with big hashrate that mine solo Grin Grin Grin

Too funny.  This is the first time I've been curious enough to look up mining rig rental prices.... and I ran across this rig on first click.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7175/

So, three days for about five bucks?  Was it worth it?  How thin are the margins with that?  

hmmm I think it's more like $50 isn't it?
BTC/MHash/Day   0.0003 = 16.5 (mh) x 0.0003 (per hour) x 24 (whole day) = 0.1188BTC x $420 = $49.90 per day
Definitely cheaper than buying the equipment though, and a good way to hit low difficulty coins to hold in enternal optimism.
Quite often this sort of thing is done by the devs at launch for various reasons.
I also spotted this - https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/8723/  Shocked

edit:Just noticed they don't know the difference between TH & GH......

Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.

Thanks Atomicat, appreciate the time and effort you've taken to look at this.
It is good news as well, and hopefully vindicates the choice of the Quark algorithm for this coin to bring some "fairness" to mining for MUE.
That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley

I've heard a lot of "Dogecoin doesn't deserve..." griping in the last year but that's precisely why it IS.  When I first got introduced to this scene I was bugging my buddy about all the different details, technical shit.  He told me to just stop, that it didn't mean a thing, and that the only thing that mattered was the community backing.  I've seen that's precisely true.  With very few exceptions all the coins are basically clones with big "Sucks 50% Less!" stickers on them.  Doge is the only coin which has made some minor inroads into commerce, and that is the only thing that matters, period.  Just thought of the worst metaphor, but it fits perfectly.  Like Claudius in the court of Calligula, playing the idiot until it's safe to come out.

Of course it wasn't the miners who made out well during the gold-rush, it was their suppliers.  It looks like it's all going to come down to electricity costs, and bonus points for cooling.  Manitoba is going to be one of those puddles in the desert one of these days.  Our juice here actually costs less than in Iceland.  6c khr vs 10c, quite the difference.  Might have to talk to a friend or two about this, get something going.

Well, I think this is true with regards to the labour intensive coins (which are the majority of currently successful coins).
MUE was never set up to be part of this arms race though, and I wonder how long this drain on resources can go on before it plateaus/declines.
Certainly, long term, community, algorithm & accessibility is the key formula to success.  Can't wait to see how things develop over the next 3-5 years and beyond...fascinating stuff...really is
legendary
Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.

It is good news as well, and hopefully vindicates the choice of the Quark algorithm for this coin to bring some "fairness" to mining for MUE.
That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley

I've heard a lot of "Dogecoin doesn't deserve..." griping in the last year but that's precisely why it IS.  When I first got introduced to this scene I was bugging my buddy about all the different details, technical shit.  He told me to just stop, that it didn't mean a thing, and that the only thing that mattered was the community backing.  I've seen that's precisely true.  With very few exceptions all the coins are basically clones with big "Sucks 50% Less!" stickers on them.  Doge is the only coin which has made some minor inroads into commerce, and that is the only thing that matters, period.  Just thought of the worst metaphor, but it fits perfectly.  Like Claudius in the court of Calligula, playing the idiot until it's safe to come out.

Of course it wasn't the miners who made out well during the gold-rush, it was their suppliers.  It looks like it's all going to come down to electricity costs, and bonus points for cooling.  Manitoba is going to be one of those puddles in the desert one of these days.  Our juice here actually costs less than in Iceland.  6c khr vs 10c, quite the difference.  Might have to talk to a friend or two about this, get something going.
legendary
{
}

i think it's because of my 19Mh rented rig and many others with big hashrate that mine solo Grin Grin Grin

Too funny.  This is the first time I've been curious enough to look up mining rig rental prices.... and I ran across this rig on first click.

https://www.miningrigrentals.com/rigs/7175/

So, three days for about five bucks?  Was it worth it?  How thin are the margins with that?  
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
{
}

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
{
}

Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Is this coin dead? How many months since launch? still no exchange.  Sad

you can pull it up Grin Grin
Mue
Good news.  Just checked out sgminer with quarkcoin kernel.  Looks like it's fairly comparable to cpu mining so although you can use gpu for mining it doesn't have the tremendous advantage over cpu of say, scrypt.  My 6850 was getting 650 Kh/s and my 7950 had issues, probably with these 14.6 beta drivers, but wasn't showing anything extraordinary either.  Looks like this levels the playing field.  Still plenty of coins out there for the big rigs.

That said, there are still plenty of CPU farms and botnets out there with significant influence...hopefully MUE will go under the radar long enough  Smiley
legendary
Mue
This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?

Any special point to this coin beyond being an attempted btc magnet?
Good question.
You've obviously read the ANN, and visited the website and had time to formulate an opinion, would be good to hear it.
What do you think?

As for MonetaryUnit being a BTC magnet, not sure what you mean exactly?
Activity: 280
This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?

Any special point to this coin beyond being an attempted btc magnet?
Mue
My CPU is bored so I will try this one out Smiley. I wish luck to this finding an exchange.
Will be great to have you on board.
We are looking at options for an exchange though this is something that we do not want to rush.
Too many coins rush into getting listed on an exchange and after the initial frenzy are not heard of again.
Thanks for the interest and support for MUE.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
My CPU is bored so I will try this one out Smiley. I wish luck to this finding an exchange.
legendary
I think you're just the type of person we need round here.
You are very welcome! Smiley

As difficulty increases mining in a pool should get better more regular payouts....

Woot!  Ok, this was a nice way to end the eve.  Figured from the peer data that rpcport=29947.  Now mining directly to wallet.  Same speed of course, just smoother, less net traffic.  And ping, block just came in.  *sigh*  System running a bit warm.  Must brush off the rads in the morning.
Jump to: