Author

Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs - page 222. (Read 450647 times)

Mue
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
MonetaryUnit. For Me,yoU,Everybody.
MUE, glad to see you back again.! Grin
Thanks for the support, we definitely are very happy to be back in the BitcoinTalk community Smiley
Mue
How we can use pool mining?
You will need to set up mining software.
This is for advanced users so we can't support it.  We have as you may have noticed set up a mining pool (details in the ANN) for those users wanting to take advantage of using an approved pool.
You "might" be able to get Quark mining software running for MUE, as it is based on Quark....I used this link quite some time ago for mining Quark and it seemed to work, though I cannot approve or verify the software http://www.quarkcoins.com/mining-quarkcoin.html
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
How we can use pool mining?
Activity: 176
Mue, bro,suggest you make a free share distribution,like the RSunit.it will be better.
Activity: 176
MUE, glad to see you back again.! Grin
Mue
Only few miners, I think the main issue is unlimited coins
40 000 000 coins would be enough but then you have to relaunch.
Anyway, you should do something about it quicly.
Hi, thanks for taking the time to feedback.
I do understand what you are saying, and clearly you'ré not alone in that thinking.

OK, this is how I view it.

MonetaryUnit will, should it succeed in the long term, be a low per unit fiat valued crypto.
As such, I don't see why (other than micro payments and fees) it would really need to be spent in non whole numbers.

Now, Bitcoin, for example, let's say it does hit $10,000/BTC in the next 3 years (not out of the realms of possibility at all), and you wanted to say send someone some dust, you have to start counting fingers and toes to make sure you haven't missed a decimal place etc (overly simplified I know!).

So, as BTC can be split into up to 8 decimal places (at the moment) and it is quite possible it will have a very high per unit fiat value in the short to medium term (maybe even £1M at some point), you could argue that the 21 million cap of BTC, could actually be viewed as 21,000,000 x 100,000,000 = whatever that big number is ??
2,100,000,000,000,000 and
1,000,000,000,000,000 is the MonetaryUnit cap

The whole psychology that there is only going to be 21M BTC is I think a little bit of PR & marketing spin.

Granted, MUE CAN be split into much smaller pieces, but I don't see much reason why it would be as it should keep a nice low value to allow for liquidity and spending etc and not holding.

I think this makes sense having read it back to myself.  So, yes, although on the face of it 1 quadrillion MUE is a rather large number, hopefully with regards to it's intended use, it actually is a lower cap than BTC will be!
OMG bro your back happy days !!
Good to be back to get the involvement of the BitcoinTalk community Smiley
It's still very early days for MonetaryUnit, so all support is appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I do understand what you are saying, and clearly you'ré not alone in that thinking.

MonetaryUnit will, should it succeed in the long term, be a low per unit fiat valued crypto.
As such, I don't see why (other than micro payments and fees) it would really need to be spent in non whole numbers.

Now, Bitcoin, for example, let's say it does hit $10,000/BTC in the next 3 years (not out of the realms of possibility at all), and you wanted to say send someone some dust, you have to start counting fingers and toes to make sure you haven't missed a decimal place etc (overly simplified I know!).

So, as BTC can be split into up to 8 decimal places (at the moment) and it is quite possible it will have a very high per unit fiat value in the short to medium term (maybe even £1M at some point), you could argue that the 21 million cap of BTC, could actually be viewed as 21,000,000 x 100,000,000 = whatever that big number is ??

The whole psychology that there is only going to be 21M BTC is I think a little bit of PR & marketing spin.

Granted, MUE CAN be split into much smaller pieces, but I don't see much reason why it would be as it should keep a nice low value to allow for liquidity and spending etc and not holding.

I think this makes sense having read it back to myself.  So, yes, although on the face of it 1 quadrillion MUE is a rather large number, hopefully with regards to it's intended use, it actually is a lower cap than BTC will be!
OMG bro your back happy days !!
Mue

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Mue
Latest service addition update.
Twitter tipbot and mining pool now live.
Details added to the ANN, please check for details.
More to come over the coming weeks including wallet apps and more.
Watch this space, will update as things progress.
Mue
I like the ideology behind this coin and that it can be mined directly from the wallet
But I dont like the unlimited supply angle behind it. That really has no place in Cryptos
imho.

Virtually unlimited coin supply (1 quadrillion cap)

But I wish the dev and the community all the best for this coin Smiley
Thanks for taking the time to look at our ANN and feedback.

Do you know what Marmite is? (or perhaps Vegemite)?
Well, I think MonetaryUnit is the crypto equivalent of Marmite..i.e you will love it or hate it...

In many ways I wanted MUE to be a sort of distorted reflection of fiat, which, has done rather well in terms of adoption....and I think for adoption, people will need to feel some sort of familiarity with their good old trusty notes...i.e inflation, liquidity, availability etc

I'll perhaps update the FAQ with regards to cap http://www.monetaryunit.org/faq/
Activity: 770
Merit: 506
I like the ideology behind this coin and that it can be mined directly from the wallet
But I dont like the unlimited supply angle behind it. That really has no place in Cryptos
imho.

Virtually unlimited coin supply (1 quadrillion cap)

But I wish the dev and the community all the best for this coin Smiley
Mue
Mue
This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?
Well, mining is fun for sure! :p

Services will develop over time, as the coin, community and adoption matures...plus I have to pay for these things too remember.

The crypto world is funny isn't it...when we can look at an alt coin that is less than 2 months and be called "old"....highlights what an exciting and dynamic time we're in....
This is old coin as I understand, no exchanges and standalone miner.
Mining is just for fun?
Mue
yea that is true dont want that to happen. And btw i love mining from the wallet good work on that. accumulating coins quite nicely now lol
Thanks, yes this was one of the things that I really wanted with the wallet, i.e auto mines (on 1 thread) on install without user input.

Obviously, mining rate can be increased as the user wants, but to make this easier for the less technically savvy to use, I think this is a useful feature to have, and helps with overall adoption (hopefully).
Activity: 164
yea that is true dont want that to happen. And btw i love mining from the wallet good work on that. accumulating coins quite nicely now lol
Mue
Do we have a possible exchange this might be on?

None yet, but is something I am looking at as a possibility in the medium term.
I understand the pressure miners will put for this to be listed on an exchange, however, (the short) history of alts shows us that getting listed too early can be the undoing of a coin.
Watch this space though Smiley
Activity: 164
Do we have a possible exchange this might be on?
Jump to: