Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] MonetaryUnit [MUE] - POS. MasterNodes. Funding. Governance. Services. Devs - page 72. (Read 450690 times)

Activity: 345
Merit: 250
I know other coins have switched algos before but I guess I am little confused here.  Why are we switching chains?  It sounds like the devs have a bunch of coins on the x11 chain and they are going to swap those for coins on the quark chain but that begs the question, how many coins do the devs have on the x11 chain and why do they have them at all?  This whole thing seems to imply a private x11 chain that only the devs have access to where coins are being generated in secret.  Historically that does not go down well in the crypto world.  What am I missing about this swap deal?

All coins that were on the quark chain will be swapped 1 for 1. The X11 chain is a whole new blockchain with a premine to cover everyones coins. The coins not swapped will be burned. So currently all the coins on Bittrex and Mymue are being counted and swapped. From there the chain will go public for all to mine and to start personal masternodes etc.

The team are doing this as openly as possible and as always the block explorer will show people everything as well and you will be able to see that nothing is being hidden.

Activity: 345
Dang, I just got notification of this swap a few hours ago.  Weird but it looks like the post from cryptocurrencytalk posted after the swap was over or something.  Wallet's still 21 weeks behind to send coins anyhow lol.

What will be the process for those of us clowns that missed all the fun here?

That was my bad, I only thought about CCT at the last minute... Very last minute so my apologies. All coins will be swapped on a 1 to 1 basis. The coins not on Bittrex or Mymue will be swapped individually at a later stage. There is going to be 2 months or so for people to swap coins in the hope that everyone gets changed over. The rest will be burned.
legendary
Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018
I know other coins have switched algos before but I guess I am little confused here.  Why are we switching chains?  It sounds like the devs have a bunch of coins on the x11 chain and they are going to swap those for coins on the quark chain but that begs the question, how many coins do the devs have on the x11 chain and why do they have them at all?  This whole thing seems to imply a private x11 chain that only the devs have access to where coins are being generated in secret.  Historically that does not go down well in the crypto world.  What am I missing about this swap deal?
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
https://pool.weminemue.com/site/mining

is this the new pool for X11 ?

I cannot see port number for X11 mining. I will set my baikal cube to X11 mining. No matter it is test mining. I dont want to miss to be the first miners on X11 algos.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Dang, I just got notification of this swap a few hours ago.  Weird but it looks like the post from cryptocurrencytalk posted after the swap was over or something.  Wallet's still 21 weeks behind to send coins anyhow lol.

What will be the process for those of us clowns that missed all the fun here?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
@channel Hi all, go live update.

To ensure a totally fair launch and that all MUE holders have the same options available to them as each other, we will be making all services 100% active tomorrow (time TBA)

This includes pools, explorer, MyMUE, walles etc etc
The auditing & reconciliation of code & accounts at Bittrex is a mammoth task, and we 100% do not want to limit the options and services available to those with MUE held in Bittrex whilst those critical checks are carried out.

As soon as Me, U & Everyone have the same access to their MUE as each other, then we all board the train together, as a community Smiley

This is only day 1 of a long journey together, so look forward to the trip, its going to be one hell of a ride.

B & the rest of the MUE team
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
So, the question is will the existing pools be swapped over during this time or will we be looking for new pools. I used to operate altcoinpool.us, I can put up a new X11 MUE pool as soon as the blockchain code is available if it makes sense to do so.

Yes, as soon as the code is released we'll do the required changes and put MUE on the X11 port.

Cheers
Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
is mue x11 ready?
Hi, technically "yes" but we are just waiting to hear from Bittrex how much MUE X11 we are to send them.
Once that is done, we are pretty much good to go and will release wallets and code and open pools and services.
Not long now! Smiley

i m looking forward to seeing the new algo MUE  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

MUE is a bomb  Wink its price will go upper and upper.

First, stop the mining. Because bittrex gets MUE constantly from mining pools.

And how about the diffuculty after the imgration to X11
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
Coin swaps always confuse me a little. Are you supposed to sell your old mue after the swap. I would assume the old mue coin will be gone off bittrex, replaced by the new one. Seems strange people are dumping mue right now just as the swap is happening, do they not know about it, or traders just bought low knowing people would be buying it up for the swap, now dumping while it's high? Anyone with swap experience can comment on this?

Yes, MUE seems to be trading continuously on Bittrex... so it must effectively be the X11 token.
Tokens don't need to be "replaced".... they are just mapped to a new blockchain... and new ones are mined with a different algo.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
i need the code for the wallet to upgrade our pool from quark to X11, can you please share it in github?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
I'm tuning... let me know!
do you know what i would get on a 1070?

Nothing. you should mine ETH with that or ZEC
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
I'm tuning... let me know!
do you know what i would get on a 1070?
Activity: 336
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001
Don't look at my signature!
is mue x11 ready?
Hi, technically "yes" but we are just waiting to hear from Bittrex how much MUE X11 we are to send them.
Once that is done, we are pretty much good to go and will release wallets and code and open pools and services.
Not long now! Smiley
Activity: 336
Would you be willing to buy a sealed bonnet car?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
@channel So give us a while now please guys - we have to now bring up all the new network backbone, audit some balances, reconcile with Bittrex their coin swap balances, reconcile the mymue balances etc etc so, please be patient...we haven't slept for days and are operating on caffeine, faith & monster energy drink lol - we're working as fast as we can - watch this space
Sounds like a hell of job on the weekend Cheesy
Thank you man, really appreciated what you and your team has done for MUE. I'm proud to be one of MUE supporter. Keep up the good works and don't forget to take a rest.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
@channel So give us a while now please guys - we have to now bring up all the new network backbone, audit some balances, reconcile with Bittrex their coin swap balances, reconcile the mymue balances etc etc so, please be patient...we haven't slept for days and are operating on caffeine, faith & monster energy drink lol - we're working as fast as we can - watch this space

appreciate the update.
Activity: 333
Merit: 100
So, the question is will the existing pools be swapped over during this time or will we be looking for new pools. I used to operate altcoinpool.us, I can put up a new X11 MUE pool as soon as the blockchain code is available if it makes sense to do so.
Activity: 420
Coin swaps always confuse me a little. Are you supposed to sell your old mue after the swap. I would assume the old mue coin will be gone off bittrex, replaced by the new one. Seems strange people are dumping mue right now just as the swap is happening, do they not know about it, or traders just bought low knowing people would be buying it up for the swap, now dumping while it's high? Anyone with swap experience can comment on this?
Activity: 429
Your friendly neighborhood Crypter.
Just wanted to say thanks and we appreciate what you guys are doing.  Excellent work guys!!!     Wink
Pages:
Jump to: