Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 143. (Read 901826 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
Not sure if this has made it to the forum but saw this link and thought it was worth a post , its for BK's book chaper 7,8,9  NAUTI!!
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-1118963660.html
Table of Contents
Preface xi

Acknowledgments xiii

About the Author xv

Chapter 1 Bitcoin Is a Bubble 1

The Quest to Buy Bitcoin 3

Bitcoin Enlightenment 6

Currencies Are a Matter of Trust 8

What Is Bitcoin? 10

Is It a Currency? 13

It’s Revolutionary 17

Chapter 2 Understanding the Digital Gold Rush 19

The Language of Bitcoin 22

How Do I Buy Bitcoin? 26

Who “Gets” It? 30

The Gold Rush Is Just Starting 31

Chapter 3 Bitcoin Is More than Digital Gold 33

Searching for Satoshi 34

The Search 37

Why Is Satoshi a Genius? 44

Bigger than Satoshi 46

Chapter 4 Byzantine Generals’ Problem 49

How Does Bitcoin Solve the BGP? 52

51 Percent Attack 55

An Elegant Solution 57

Chapter 5 A Decentralized Financial System 59

Grand De-Central Station 63

What’s at Stake? 69

Central Banks 72

Bitcoin Is the Catalyst 73

Chapter 6 What Do You Call a Bitcoin Miner? A Banker 75

How Does a Bitcoin Transaction Work? 77

What Is Cryptography? 78

Still Want to Be a Miner? 82

Do We Need Another Bitcoin? 88

Chapter 7 Nautiluscoin—0 to $1 Million in 60 Days 91

Creating the Coin 94

Did It Work? 104

Chapter 8 Building the Nautiluscoin Economy 107

Dynamic Proof-of-Stake 110

Other Policy Tools 113

Alternative to Gold 115

Money, Made Better 116

Financial Market Integration 117

Special Drawing Rights 119

Why NAUT? 119

Chapter 9 Investing and Trading in Alternative Currencies 121

A New Investment Class 123

Valuation 129

Exchanges 133

Investment Vehicles 134

Asset Class Growth 136

Chapter 10 Regulation 139

Regulatory Agencies 140

Challenges to Regulation 147

Pushing on a String 147

Chapter 11 Smart Money: Set It and Forget It 149

Rules of the Road 151

Smart Contracts and Property 152

Ethereum 155

Cryptoequities: A New Type of Investment 160

Decentralized Autonomous Organizations 161

Professor Money 162

Chapter 12 Everything You Know about Business Is Wrong 163

Cryptonomics 166

Growth Share Matrix 169

Learning Curve Effects 171

Porter’s Three Generic Strategies 172

Human Resource Management 173

Fueling the Sharing Economy 174

The Future Just Might Work 176
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
dusty .. very dusty around here.

premine 'stab' fund weekly statements would be great BK
naut held
btc held

100k + wall trex someone wants out and i dont blame them

i really wish some decent communication would happen, seems like everyone that believes in this coin is just being hung out to dry.

i dont understand why communication has dropped off soo much.

whats in store for the future ?

whens POS ?

Whens these trading bots coming to provide liquidity?

give us some reasons hold this coin.

are there anymore more ideas to promote naut in any way ??

its pretty much pointless holding this coin atm with thriving communities in other areas of crypto with on going development. It makes this coin look like a joke.

Bk says hes committed to the coin but nothing has happened for ages just carrot on a stick communication. SOON SOON SOON...........

the 3 prong approach should only be the beginning not the selling point of naut. We as holders of the coin cant do shit either cuz we dont know wats going on..... some fkn community......

the book release aint going to do shit imo and we could still be waiting for POS

i dont want the usual "blah blah blah" i want to see some action cuz this is seriously feeling like a scam

You know if I had more information I'd happily give it,  unfortunately I do not other than I'm still working on my own projects.
Activity: 195

naut held
btc held

100k + wall trex someone wants out and i dont blame them

i really wish some decent communication would happen, seems like everyone that believes in this coin is just being hung out to dry.

i dont understand why communication has dropped off soo much.

whats in store for the future ?

whens POS ?

Whens these trading bots coming to provide liquidity?

give us some reasons hold this coin.

are there anymore more ideas to promote naut in any way ??

its pretty much pointless holding this coin atm with thriving communities in other areas of crypto with on going development. It makes this coin look like a joke.

Bk says hes committed to the coin but nothing has happened for ages just carrot on a stick communication. SOON SOON SOON...........

the 3 prong approach should only be the beginning not the selling point of naut. We as holders of the coin cant do shit either cuz we dont know wats going on..... some fkn community......

the book release aint going to do shit imo and we could still be waiting for POS

i dont want the usual "blah blah blah" i want to see some action cuz this is seriously feeling like a scam

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

naut held
btc held

-------

Also what is the POS yield?
2% 5% 10% 50% HuhHuh

that's not a tough Q to address
Activity: 204
I had to sell half of my stash. That is unfortunate but had to do it anyway.

don't worry too much about it.  i already sold the majority of my stash.  Every day that goes by, i'm regretting it less and less.  I've been moving around the money i've made and i kinda wish i'd done it sooner.  Keeping my money in naut ... it was starting to collect dust.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
I had to sell half of my stash. That is unfortunate but had to do it anyway.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
The latest from Weiner.

https://twitter.com/BryceWeiner/status/509792924150669312

If Bryce is in a good mood we might see it by Q1 2015 at this rate.

Still stand by this projection.  Like I've said before it is a Weiner con through and through

Please explain.
He wasn't the original dev.
The main organizer and owner of the coin is on CNBC talking about it.
Digishield sucks so bad, its breaking the coin to the point it needs a full re-release/hard fork.

It's kgw now.
Activity: 153
The latest from Weiner.

Still stand by this projection.  Like I've said before it is a Weiner con through and through

Please explain.
He wasn't the original dev.
The main organizer and owner of the coin is on CNBC talking about it.
Digishield sucks so bad, its breaking the coin to the point it needs a full re-release/hard fork.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
The latest from Weiner.

Also: who are devs behind this coin? Sorry I haven't read through the hundreds of posts myself, just being lazy hoping somebody knows the dev names off the top of their head so I can go seek some information about them.

Edit: i mean the software developers, not the creator.

As of the last iteration (The KGW Update), it's Blocktech Group. I believe it is intended that they remain the primary developers through the Proof of Stake move. The move from the Digishield to KGW was due to the blocks taking hours (sometimes days) to get through. So now that the blockchain is more reliable and stable a move to Proof of Stake will be much easier to establish.

Not long ago Brian Kelly published a whitepaper
http://t.co/irEqxVDif8

That may help provide you some insight on Nautiluscoin and it's details.

Supposedly more details will be unveiled after the release of Brian Kelly's book (Bitcoin Big Bang, apparently available at all major book retailers and amazon.com).

He has a public face, and the other thing is, he is a hedge fund manager, yes, but he also has clients (that are non-crypto), if there was something that portrayed him as less than trustworthy he not only would lose face in the crypto-community, but also in his own pre-existing businesses and customers. There's so so many reasons why to have and to hold this coin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Also: who are devs behind this coin? Sorry I haven't read through the hundreds of posts myself, just being lazy hoping somebody knows the dev names off the top of their head so I can go seek some information about them.

Edit: i mean the software developers, not the creator.
Hey got my eye on NAUT at the moment. Is there any bookeeping done on the stability fund? How do we know the fund managers aren't just skimming profits in trading to line their pockets. Also are these funds sitting on bittrex/cryptsy et al? I couldn't find any details on this and is kind of a red flag for me. Nice idea but depends on how it's executed.

as far as I know we dont have exact infos on the NSF. BK posted from time to time if he was buying/selling and where but not consistently.

You could argue that this should be more open, but I really wouldnt be afraid that he is skimming some bucks out of some nerdy internet folk  Wink. The potential loss by damaging his reputation far outweighs the potential gains, thats my point of view.

Yeah but I don't know BK to trust him, just saying. Maybe he is the most trustworthy person I can know. On the other hand, it's an easy way to walk away with the 1% premine. Been fooled before...

You do have to remember though, he's a public fact, he's putting his name, and even his own business on the line to back crypto and Nautiluscoin. If he does do "less than reputable" things, that not only means a downfall of nautiluscoin, it means a downfall of his business, his name, and himself. It is in his best interest to support Nautiluscoin properly and honestly.

yes, this is true of course. And I realize this is not a big deal right now because value of premine is small. But if I am buying into this idea as one key differentiator of this coin I want to make sure it is legit.

I guess I would just like some evidence that this is not just another hedge fund trading for profit, and that there is truly a plunge protection program, not just an upside shock absorber used to collect BTC.

If we assume the fund coins are not kept on an exchange but in cold storage (unless being actively traded), then it would be nice to have that list of NAUT & BTC pub keys where the funds are kept. Add a monthly/annual fund activity report with public trade ledger, and we should have enough information to inform ourselves.
Hey got my eye on NAUT at the moment. Is there any bookeeping done on the stability fund? How do we know the fund managers aren't just skimming profits in trading to line their pockets. Also are these funds sitting on bittrex/cryptsy et al? I couldn't find any details on this and is kind of a red flag for me. Nice idea but depends on how it's executed.

as far as I know we dont have exact infos on the NSF. BK posted from time to time if he was buying/selling and where but not consistently.

You could argue that this should be more open, but I really wouldnt be afraid that he is skimming some bucks out of some nerdy internet folk  Wink. The potential loss by damaging his reputation far outweighs the potential gains, thats my point of view.

Yeah but I don't know BK to trust him, just saying. Maybe he is the most trustworthy person I can know. On the other hand, it's an easy way to walk away with the 1% premine. Been fooled before...

You do have to remember though, he's a public fact, he's putting his name, and even his own business on the line to back crypto and Nautiluscoin. If he does do "less than reputable" things, that not only means a downfall of nautiluscoin, it means a downfall of his business, his name, and himself. It is in his best interest to support Nautiluscoin properly and honestly.

You could argue that this should be more open, but I really wouldnt be afraid that he is skimming some bucks out of some nerdy internet folk  Wink. The potential loss by damaging his reputation far outweighs the potential gains, thats my point of view.

Activity: 398

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
so this was all tied with the book release.

yeah, might just be a perfect storm, but some clue-ing in by BK would have be best for confidence.

Now to be alarming ... the network hash rate is suicidally low.  Will POS arrive in time to save us all?
Activity: 623
Fortune favours the bold!
Tumbleweeds blowing by. Calm before the storm?

YES !
Remember that movie with George Clooney - the Perfect Storm. I believe we're in for a helluva ride. Epic.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
Activity: 623
Fortune favours the bold!
Tumbleweeds blowing by. Calm before the storm?
Jump to: