Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 250. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Love to see community interaction and support like this!

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)
NftgUJjAWDcbCHNpEQD2ASGG5PhP36yVuk

Don't forget to vote
http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade.html
https://bter.com/voting
https://hitbtc.com/vote
https://www.swaphole.com/#!voting
http://www.betbycoin.com/coinvotes/

I'd like to see us on bter and hitbtc next.  I'm neck deep in bter voting right now  Cool

So you are the other one voting at bter  Wink I started with the first 20 or so votes and felt a bit lonely

I only have one vote per hour as I didnt realize that they deduct points from your balance when you withdraw coins. Do you have any idea how much points I need to get more free votes/hour?

Four more things:

1. I also had the hope that the daily additions of scamcoins/shitcoins to the exchanges would have to stop one day and then the "older" coins with solid (in crypto standrads) foundation will get a boost. Now, I am not so sure anymore. Mintpal just hopped on the bittrex-train with adding ISIS and NX5, and people are buying/have bought them no matter what. I posted warnings in both threads in a friendly manner not claiming them do be shitcoins but warning that they right now are just copies and add nothing new at all and people should buy with caution as a I totally agree that all those scams will hurt cryptos in general. I was called a fudder and a dumbass. ISIS crashed (big surprise - the dev is absent after 3 days) and where NX5 will end remains to be seen.

2. This thread with its friendly atmosphere is really refreshing from the other altcoin threads where 20 year old (max) wannabe investors are abusing each other constantly.

3. While the NSF might have reduced the volatility a bit, it remains a problem for merchant adaption and for long-term success. My guess is BK underestimated the panic-buying and panic-selling that goes on in the crypto markets, probably everyone relatively new would have made that mistake, we all did probably, I did it for sure. It becomes less of a problem with a rising market cap, but only if the volume keeps rising, too. Otherwise you will have the effect like in VTC with a 2.000.000 Dollar market cap and even I could move the marekt price up by 80% right now if I wanted to. Worse, if I was a merchant trying to sell a relevant amount the market price would drop significantly. Even Bitcoin's volatillity is problematic. I have no idea how to solve that problem right now, maybe BK or someone other (or I  Grin) will come up with a plan.

4. The hompage needs an update. The three main links on the mainpage are not working. Thats probably just a minor thing. Whats more important I would like to see a much more extensive FAQ. My guess is right now the absolute majority of us are people who already knew crypto. If I somehow got to the homepage and knew nothing about cryptos and bitcoin, I would probably leave without understanding what I have just seen (reducing the impact of any marketing campaign). We need a beginners page where you would find an explanation what cryptos are, how they work, why they exist and so on. Just because we know what a bitcoin is, dont assume others do. I was so surprised when found out that my ex-fellow classmates from ten years ago didnt even know what bitcoin is, and we are talking about economists.

Fantastic feedback! Smiley
Activity: 398
Merit: 250

Don't forget to donate to the Facebook advertisement campaign (by hardcoreprime a.k.a. hcp)

Don't forget to vote

I'd like to see us on bter and hitbtc next.  I'm neck deep in bter voting right now  Cool

So you are the other one voting at bter  Wink I started with the first 20 or so votes and felt a bit lonely

I only have one vote per hour as I didnt realize that they deduct points from your balance when you withdraw coins. Do you have any idea how much points I need to get more free votes/hour?

Four more things:

1. I also had the hope that the daily additions of scamcoins/shitcoins to the exchanges would have to stop one day and then the "older" coins with solid (in crypto standrads) foundation will get a boost. Now, I am not so sure anymore. Mintpal just hopped on the bittrex-train with adding ISIS and NX5, and people are buying/have bought them no matter what. I posted warnings in both threads in a friendly manner not claiming them do be shitcoins but warning that they right now are just copies and add nothing new at all and people should buy with caution as a I totally agree that all those scams will hurt cryptos in general. I was called a fudder and a dumbass. ISIS crashed (big surprise - the dev is absent after 3 days) and where NX5 will end remains to be seen.

2. This thread with its friendly atmosphere is really refreshing from the other altcoin threads where 20 year old (max) wannabe investors are abusing each other constantly.

3. While the NSF might have reduced the volatility a bit, it remains a problem for merchant adaption and for long-term success. My guess is BK underestimated the panic-buying and panic-selling that goes on in the crypto markets, probably everyone relatively new would have made that mistake, we all did probably, I did it for sure. It becomes less of a problem with a rising market cap, but only if the volume keeps rising, too. Otherwise you will have the effect like in VTC with a 2.000.000 Dollar market cap and even I could move the marekt price up by 80% right now if I wanted to. Worse, if I was a merchant trying to sell a relevant amount the market price would drop significantly. Even Bitcoin's volatillity is problematic. I have no idea how to solve that problem right now, maybe BK or someone other (or I  Grin) will come up with a plan.

4. The hompage needs an update. The three main links on the mainpage are not working. Thats probably just a minor thing. Whats more important I would like to see a much more extensive FAQ. My guess is right now the absolute majority of us are people who already knew crypto. If I somehow got to the homepage and knew nothing about cryptos and bitcoin, I would probably leave without understanding what I have just seen (reducing the impact of any marketing campaign). We need a beginners page where you would find an explanation what cryptos are, how they work, why they exist and so on. Just because we know what a bitcoin is, dont assume others do. I was so surprised when found out that my ex-fellow classmates from ten years ago didnt even know what bitcoin is, and we are talking about economists.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I got involved with NAUT as my first alternative currency after hearing about BTC but figuring that, as a little fish money-wise, I was too late to the party on that one, but heard about NAUT because of their sponsorship of Jon Fitch. Knowing Jon Fitch's fighting style (Trip a dude over then lay on top of him for as long as possible) I figured he was good advertising space, so invested in NAUT. Maybe pick another athlete/team with a specific style of play that makes them good advertising, and sponsor them? May get more new people investing in NAUT, like I did.
I just sent 100 Naut to the Facebook campaign. Looks like we're at a stuck block again so might take a little while before it shows up though, but it's on its way Smiley
Activity: 238
We havent had a new block in 6 hours, the difficulty is 1300+, and the coin has Digishield...

Is something broke?

There is a flaw in Digishield which miners are exploiting. I am personally mining the coin with a few ASIC farms to mitigate the stuck blocks. We are switching to PoS which will solve this problem

-BK

Will the switch to PoS be ready for this weekend?

It's pretty hard to say whether this is the case or not.

Don't forget to vote
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
We havent had a new block in 6 hours, the difficulty is 1300+, and the coin has Digishield...

Is something broke?

There is a flaw in Digishield which miners are exploiting. I am personally mining the coin with a few ASIC farms to mitigate the stuck blocks. We are switching to PoS which will solve this problem

-BK

Will the switch to PoS be ready for this weekend?
Activity: 210

Is something broke?

-BK
Activity: 350

Is something broke?
Activity: 1036
The same thing will happen to URO as what happend to SUPER. The worst thing of this all is that it hurts the whole cryptoscene. This must stop, or the crypto scene will never been taken serious. Do you really think that big investors will risk their money in the hands of some brainless 20 year old scammers? These kids can only look as far as tomorrow, other wise they loose patience. This has to stop, before the real money will come in to the crypto scene.

I don't even tell people I deal with cryptocurrencies nowadays, maybe bitcoin but definitely not alts. Anyone that knows about finance would think I'm an idiot or a scammer and those that don't will just get burnt. I tipped a few people on NAUT because I believe in it and it turned out nicely for them.
we have people for every strategy in here , nice to see, and big thanks for welcoming me back (i left cause of daily inflation but seems that part will be handled soon. what a refreshing thread this is, no drama just  community working together for the greater good(i guess i was spending to much time on new shit coins but gotta try to make some more btc to put into good coins after all).. keep up the good work ..
Lots of coins have turned out to be scams these last few days. We'll probably see an influx of people who are tired of having their coins stolen by anonymous devs with "revolutionary" ideas Smiley I think one of the main selling points with Naut is that you can feel reasonably safe to buy some coins and leave them for a while, without having to check Twitter every five minutes to see if the dev has sold a hidden premine, gone AWOL etc Cheesy With Naut you know that things might take a little while but they are being done correctly and will eventually pay off big.

There's an article on altcoinherald.com which looked at 124 cryptocurrencies released in may, a month later only 18% of these coins were still considered active. If URO turns out to be a commodity scam I expect the MSM will pick up on it and things could get interesting.

Very cool statistic! Thanks! Smiley Makes sense though, I mean look at all the coins on Bittrex for example. Who seriously thinks that Ratcoin or Pigcoin are going anywhere? Of course no one does, but everyone is expecting everyone else to be stupid enough to buy into them to catch the wave. That's fine if you want to gamble, but if one wants to actually invest I think Naut is the best altcoin there is. You're probably on the money as far as Uro goes; if that turns out to be a scam too I think lots of people will start to look for more stable alternatives.

I was thinking about advertising for NAUT today. We need a clear message IMO and something which conveys the difference without overstating things or sounding over confident.
Good point. BK said that he would post his longterm plans for Naut shortly. Maybe there will be something in there to use?
Activity: 204

Don't forget to vote

we have people for every strategy in here , nice to see, and big thanks for welcoming me back (i left cause of daily inflation but seems that part will be handled soon. what a refreshing thread this is, no drama just  community working together for the greater good(i guess i was spending to much time on new shit coins but gotta try to make some more btc to put into good coins after all).. keep up the good work ..
Lots of coins have turned out to be scams these last few days. We'll probably see an influx of people who are tired of having their coins stolen by anonymous devs with "revolutionary" ideas Smiley I think one of the main selling points with Naut is that you can feel reasonably safe to buy some coins and leave them for a while, without having to check Twitter every five minutes to see if the dev has sold a hidden premine, gone AWOL etc Cheesy With Naut you know that things might take a little while but they are being done correctly and will eventually pay off big.

There's an article on altcoinherald.com which looked at 124 cryptocurrencies released in may, a month later only 18% of these coins were still considered active. If URO turns out to be a commodity scam I expect the MSM will pick up on it and things could get interesting.

Very cool statistic! Thanks! Smiley Makes sense though, I mean look at all the coins on Bittrex for example. Who seriously thinks that Ratcoin or Pigcoin are going anywhere? Of course no one does, but everyone is expecting everyone else to be stupid enough to buy into them to catch the wave. That's fine if you want to gamble, but if one wants to actually invest I think Naut is the best altcoin there is. You're probably on the money as far as Uro goes; if that turns out to be a scam too I think lots of people will start to look for more stable alternatives.

I was thinking about advertising for NAUT today. We need a clear message IMO and something which conveys the difference without overstating things or sounding over confident.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
The same thing will happen to URO as what happend to SUPER. The worst thing of this all is that it hurts the whole cryptoscene. This must stop, or the crypto scene will never been taken serious. Do you really think that big investors will risk their money in the hands of some brainless 20 year old scammers? These kids can only look as far as tomorrow, other wise they loose patience. This has to stop, before the real money will come in to the crypto scene.

Activity: 707
Just sent 25 Naut to the facebook ad address..

We should gain value merely by coin attrition - to the extent that there is a finite amount of money currently chasing after the latest and greatest coin, as they fail we should pick up interest.  Yes, things do take a LOT longer than I expected - part of that is due to the fact that I am learning ideas are easily conceived but very difficult to implement and code.  At the end of the day we should have a very solid coin that deserves a premium valuation.

Also, no need to check Twitter as I am quite visible!!!! Wink

-BK

Edit: the other thing I wanted to mention is that since I am one of the larger miners on the network the inflation rate is slower than appears. Everything I mine is being held by me, which eliminates some of the auto-sells.

Definitely! Another thing to consider is that you're actively trying to bring new money into the altmarket. Nautiluscoin succeeding would benefit everyone in this market, including "competing" coins.
Activity: 210

We should gain value merely by coin attrition - to the extent that there is a finite amount of money currently chasing after the latest and greatest coin, as they fail we should pick up interest.  Yes, things do take a LOT longer than I expected - part of that is due to the fact that I am learning ideas are easily conceived but very difficult to implement and code.  At the end of the day we should have a very solid coin that deserves a premium valuation.

Also, no need to check Twitter as I am quite visible!!!! Wink

-BK

Edit: the other thing I wanted to mention is that since I am one of the larger miners on the network the inflation rate is slower than appears. Everything I mine is being held by me, which eliminates some of the auto-sells.

Activity: 448
Bryan,

I actually manage Google Adwords campaigns for small businesses for a living. Here are some questions to think about before moving forward on this:

• Who are you trying to target with the ads?
  • What keywords do you want to bid on?
  • What is the theme or message you will be using in the ads and the landing page traffic is sent to?
  • What is the goal for the ad campaign? Branding, visibility, signups, etc
  • Do you have a specific target defined for your ROAS (Return on Ad Spend)? Example, 1 signup for every 10 clicks, etc.

A Google Adwords campaign is a very different beast to Facebook ads. However a Google Display campaign can probably be setup somewhat similar to the existing FB one. Depends if you want to go the search ads vs display ads route. My specialty is in search advertising.

If you are ever on irc, I am almost always idling in the #nautiluscoin channel on freenode under the nick CryptoRogue and can answer your questions in greater detail there.

cheers,
CryptoRogue

I am curious if anyone thinks we should do a Google Ad campaign? and does anyone know how to do it?

-BK

Edit: signature updated
Jump to: