Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 290. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Still have 120mhs mining - can anyone tell me how much more I may need to get this thing going?
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Does anyone have an accurate way of predicting your Naut per day when mining?  The coin should be producing about 216000 Naut per day,  150 reward*60minutes/hour*24hours/day, but I know it is less in reality.
Activity: 695
Merit: 500
The golden rule for incentives of any kind is "small but meaningful". This is so much more practical than talking about merchant acceptance, which involves legal papers and people changing their working habits to suit whatever idea you might have for a verbal promise or speculation. There are tons of stories of merchants turning down bitcoin acceptance plans at two bucks or five bucks because they didnt think it was worth the risk. No one thought to offer the customers an incentive!

That's what should be focused on. Big gamechanging stuff is just words and there's no way to tell if the big promise of a coin is for real or just another pump scam.

Unfortunately that's something only the coin's team can do. The community can stoke the fire once it's burning, but it needs an official plan first. Right now the main talking point for NAUT is that it has the best team in the business (a famous face plus digibyte) yet somehow manages the worst wallet and worst network in crypto.

I like the way you think wheeljack, out of the box and flip side.
Update on blockchain - we have 122mhs of mining rigs rented all mining at nau.bitember.com
Activity: 14
The golden rule for incentives of any kind is "small but meaningful". This is so much more practical than talking about merchant acceptance, which involves legal papers and people changing their working habits to suit whatever idea you might have for a verbal promise or speculation. There are tons of stories of merchants turning down bitcoin acceptance plans at two bucks or five bucks because they didnt think it was worth the risk. No one thought to offer the customers an incentive!

That's what should be focused on. Big gamechanging stuff is just words and there's no way to tell if the big promise of a coin is for real or just another pump scam.

Unfortunately that's something only the coin's team can do. The community can stoke the fire once it's burning, but it needs an official plan first. Right now the main talking point for NAUT is that it has the best team in the business (a famous face plus digibyte) yet somehow manages the worst wallet and worst network in crypto.
Activity: 238

I suggested some stuff like that and someone posted, oh with ideas like this I'm selling all my NAUT.

This forum thinks that anon is the best reason to have an alt coin.

Actually the person was talking to me on the "exercise for earnings" idea. Which isn't a new concept, many hospitals provide bonus incentives to their employees for healthy activities.

I suggested some stuff like that and someone posted, oh with ideas like this I'm selling all my NAUT.

This forum thinks that anon is the best reason to have an alt coin.
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
A longer shot would be to just open the biggest, best and most trustworthy CC exchange and have NAUT as its official loyalty scheme and ultimately the NSF would be its liquidity pool after about 12 months of trading and growth

There are a lot of regulatory reasons why not but just think about how much of a goddamn gold mine a direct link between an exchange and merchants would be. Like a deal of the day with Gyft or something like that.

You are 100% right. That IS the connection to the "real world"
A longer shot would be to just open the biggest, best and most trustworthy CC exchange and have NAUT as its official loyalty scheme and ultimately the NSF would be its liquidity pool after about 12 months of trading and growth

There are a lot of regulatory reasons why not but just think about how much of a goddamn gold mine a direct link between an exchange and merchants would be. Like a deal of the day with Gyft or something like that.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

So you're emphasizing broader distribution of the coin, the mind set of "if people have it they will want to use it"?

This already happened due to the preposterous overselling and wallet problems after the dump. Why not exploit it? Merchant acceptance is like climbing a mountain, why not instead just play it where it landed?

It would get the idea in the heads of potential users that NAUT isn't just an incrementally advance blockchain or tech gimmick, it's a fund (in progress) linked to Bitcoin and other CCs. It goes with, it doesn't go against. It doesn't want to replace anything, it wants to create worth.  

It would be good to create some kind of loyalty card program (based on blockchain addresses) where a merchant could say "do you want your 2 percent discount for paying in Bitcoin OR do you want to pay full price in Bitcoin and get 4 percent back in NAUT? - just give me your NAUT card for the cash back" 

Then you go home and check the site on the back of the card and it tells you a bunch of stuff about "gold" membership NAUT investment accounts that earn more... then todays retail customers become tomorrows mature investors.

You know like how banks find their best mortgage customers by offering free iPods and gift certificates to youngsters taking their first credit and starting their first savings accounts? Those kids grow up.

Merchants are tough because you have to offer big incentives to expect them to make big changes. But customers never forget the small incentive, because it really effects everyones decisions

So you're emphasizing broader distribution of the coin, the mind set of "if people have it they will want to use it"?

This already happened due to the preposterous overselling and wallet problems after the dump. Why not exploit it? Merchant acceptance is like climbing a mountain, why not instead just play it where it landed?

It would get the idea in the heads of potential users that NAUT isn't just an incrementally advance blockchain or tech gimmick, it's a fund (in progress) linked to Bitcoin and other CCs. It goes with, it doesn't go against. It doesn't want to replace anything, it wants to create worth.  

It would be good to create some kind of loyalty card program (based on blockchain addresses) where a merchant could say "do you want your 2 percent discount for paying in Bitcoin OR do you want to pay full price in Bitcoin and get 4 percent back in NAUT? - just give me your NAUT card for the cash back" 

I kind of like that... it's a card I'd use.

in the mean time we need to build the merchant ecosystem for NAUT.

You're a long way from having a coin which offers merchants an incentive to accept. There is no reason to use NAUT not Bitcoin until the hypothetical "real world" elements of NAUT materialize or NAUT becomes a well known fund with your face on it. This is a chicken-or-egg problem as it looks like we need one side to motivate the other.

I suggest you think about completely flipping how this usually goes. Offer incentives to the customers, not the merchant, and use merchant co-op primarily as a promotional tool until you can offer realistic incentives to large retailers to offer big purchases that would fund the liquidity of market. Remember, this took Bitcoin years to accomplish and Bitcoin was on everyone's lips. Maybe a merchant or service which already accepts Bitcoin for a discount could give customers the option to receive NAUT instead of receiving that discount. For example: if someone hired a miner in Bitcoin, they could get 2% back in NAUT? Then there's an opportunity to get your promotional materials in someone's hands, lots of hype about the future of NAUT, and they'd be itching to spend it and THEN there would be an untapped market to offer merchants. Right now no one would accept NAUT because only speculators hold it. Why would I buy a drinks coaster today if 5000NAUT turns out to be as good as a retirement fund?!!

This would publicize the idea that unlike other alt-coins, NAUT isn't an alternative, it's a fund related to Bitcoin. NAUT wants to start and exploit ecosystems, not replace them - maybe make physical NAUT coins that are double-sided, they have 100 NAUT on one side, and the equivalent in Bitcoin on the other, to show that NAUT works with others, it doesn't need to compete like the others do - because of the real world links and the fund which rely on the MACRO side of CC, not the micro pnd hype...

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

This damn wallet needs to sync !!
in the mean time we need to build the merchant ecosystem for NAUT.

You're a long way from having a coin which offers merchants an incentive to accept. There is no reason to use NAUT not Bitcoin until the hypothetical "real world" elements of NAUT materialize or NAUT becomes a well known fund with your face on it. This is a chicken-or-egg problem as it looks like we need one side to motivate the other.

I suggest you think about completely flipping how this usually goes. Offer incentives to the customers, not the merchant, and use merchant co-op primarily as a promotional tool until you can offer realistic incentives to large retailers to offer big purchases that would fund the liquidity of market. Remember, this took Bitcoin years to accomplish and Bitcoin was on everyone's lips. Maybe a merchant or service which already accepts Bitcoin for a discount could give customers the option to receive NAUT instead of receiving that discount. For example: if someone hired a miner in Bitcoin, they could get 2% back in NAUT? Then there's an opportunity to get your promotional materials in someone's hands, lots of hype about the future of NAUT, and they'd be itching to spend it and THEN there would be an untapped market to offer merchants. Right now no one would accept NAUT because only speculators hold it. Why would I buy a drinks coaster today if 5000NAUT turns out to be as good as a retirement fund?!!

This would publicize the idea that unlike other alt-coins, NAUT isn't an alternative, it's a fund related to Bitcoin. NAUT wants to start and exploit ecosystems, not replace them - maybe make physical NAUT coins that are double-sided, they have 100 NAUT on one side, and the equivalent in Bitcoin on the other, to show that NAUT works with others, it doesn't need to compete like the others do - because of the real world links and the fund which rely on the MACRO side of CC, not the micro pnd hype...
Activity: 398
Merit: 250
I dont know what can be done, but something has to be done. I have a pending deposit at mintpal since 18 hours, still 0 of 10 confirmations. So I assume one of the reasons the price is up again is no one can transfer coins to mintpal? (the other one is that this is simply a great "project" with lots of potential)

Some miners and a few "day traders" might want to sell but we're going POS soon and there's a multipool in the works. I have around 30K on mint and cryptsy and haven't sold one. It'll be like this every day once the miners stop dumping and POS testing starts this weekend.

I know. I always make sure that I end up with more NAUT in the evening than I had in the morning, but that process usually includes also selling sometimes to buy back cheaper. NAUT would be a 1a opportunity for that thanks to the dumping miners, but its just so slow to move around.
sorry, we should have rented a rig earlier.  No excuses, we dropped the ball.  fixing it now
We just rented 6.8 Mh/s from Betarigs to get the chain moving again...that is the biggest rig I could find

Edit: we will be mining at IPOminer
Activity: 534
this 18hr+ sync issue is damaging

not good
Jump to: