Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 292. (Read 901828 times)

Activity: 707
Merit: 500
OK - I'll read back some pages - what if i add nodes or something in the config? or is that just miners?
It's strange. And I've seen others with synching issues posting here, and also with the hashrate/network speed issues too, but i wasn't affected then.
I'm sure it will be okay later!

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
is anyone else having wallet syncing problems?

did the whole network just stop?

Saying 8 hours behind. I restarted it, but it's just the same..

Also, i'm not showing up anymore in the top100 - when i should be around 30'ish with 21k..

Angry

Couldn't tell you why you're not showing, and also not sure why the network isn't syncing...
is anyone else having wallet syncing problems?

did the whole network just stop?

Saying 8 hours behind. I restarted it, but it's just the same..

Also, i'm not showing up anymore in the top100 - when i should be around 30'ish with 21k..

Angry
Activity: 195

PoS Update

We have begun the coding work on PoS, it is estimated it will take about a week to complete and then we will need to test.  The one thing I have learned about crypto is to expect the unexpected! I don't want to over promise and under-deliver so I will only post about what is completed and tested. As we move further in the process I will be able to get a realistic date of implementation. My desire has always been for PoS to be implemented well before the PoW stage is done.

In terms of stake (or 'dividend' for guys like me) I have set it at 2%. I had hoped to tie the stake to a well known price index, but relying on a third party would compromise network security. I chose 2% because most central banks target 2% inflation per year - Wall Street will understand this.  I am also consulting with a few well respected economists to determine if there is such a thing as 'optimal money supply growth' - so far we have not found it - if we can determine an optimal method then we will try to incorporate with PoS...BUT no promises as this is much more art than science.

-BK

Devil's advocate. Lets bust out of this current alt market pump and dump day trader BS bubble, but what slice of "wall st." are you targeting? Too broad and not enough will get it. Too narrow and the same fate.

A 10 year treasury is at 2.5%. Would likely be a shit buy right now and not your target market but I'm just saying.

Investment Grade Corporate ETF is at 3.2%. You're trying to make Nauti stable and accepted. Would you say this is it?

High Yield corporate ETF 4.48%. More volatile, doesn't really seem like your target market even if Nauti is going to be volatile until the market is deep enough to discount an appropriate price.

S&P 500 earnings yield is ~6%. Is this your target market? Some narrower slice of this?

Probably all poor comparison's really but what does "wall st." relate to?

I could go on, but why is "wall st." coming to this party? I think they will in time, but why Nauti? And why now? You have the stabilization fund so the pitch is less price volatility (after the market discovers/discounts the price more efficiently - too thinly traded right now combined with mining supply phase), why is 2% attractive? Are you pitching total return so the 2% inflation + steady price increases tied to NAUTi acceptance?

Perhaps non-correlated asset class. Okay, but does the potential return on this really offset the risk of a new experimental, non-correlated asset? Love what you're doing but maybe we need another "wall st.," name or 3 to join forces and up the ante a bit.

What exactly is your elevator pitch to the non-crypto initiated? Why would they get Nauti? Not sure I'm seeing a fully fleshed out pitch yet. None of the algo or POS stuff is going to be remotely relevant in that brief moment in time. And what the ADD, Pavlov's dogs conditioned alt market thinks doesn't remotely matter in that moment.

I'm in, but I'm curious what the pitch really is? First hurdle is getting btc. Second is graduating to see Nauti/alts. I see it long term. I'm in Nauti, but I want to really see what angle you are taking. And when I roll into my office tomorrow I want to play off that angle and help them get it. The more of us get the non-alt market pitch the more we can help others get it and get Nauti.

Have you landed any high profile Nauti investors that want to lend their name?

Very good questions im sure BK will give us a hint on what his plans are,

i think block times will be all sorted after POS but for the moment its really slow blocks, i dunno why as the mining difficulty is higher than at its low point so shouldn't things be chugging along nicely.
Troglodyte here renting some hash. What's the best pool mining NAUT atm?

Honestly "best" pool mining NAUT is kind of hard to say. Once in a while TradeMyBit's multiport points at NAUT and completely slams the network (ranging from 10MH-1GH, but I don't know the direct NAUT port there. IPO Miner has a direct port to NAUT, and 0fee pool also usually has an okay amount of hash pointed at it. Bitember has a few and a few others do, ultimately hash distribution seems overall really even, no one pool is significantly greater than another.
Activity: 196
Troglodyte here renting some hash. What's the best pool mining NAUT atm? And is it cheaper to mine or buy at current rate?
What's lacking are three things:

1) The ability to convert fiat currency directly into NAUT.

2) The ability to buy and sell real things at real shops/places people actually use.

3) The ability for regular non-computer literate people to seamlessly acquire NAUT.

The solution to 1) is simple: Abolish all money laundering regulations - they don't work and only hinder regular people, stifle growth and create unmanageable red tape for small businesses.  Large drug cartels like the CIA and other criminal enterprises simply pay off big banks like Goldman Sachs to launder their money for them and use various fake companies in shady countries to help.  Reform of these stupid laws is vital.  The way to do this would be to get politicians to consider the interests of real people and small businesses rather than the large criminal enterprises/big business etc. that bribe them.

The solution to 2) is to get more retailers on board.  The solution to 3) is actually also the same - use those retailers to exchange NAUT.

Unfortunately, although these solutions are simple, - they are not easy to put into practice:)
what are you doing about all of this stuff, just spouting out stuff like this is worthless, how bout you contribute some innovative ideas to move forward with nautiluscoin.

Not complain about things that are clearly wrong and wont be changed anytime soon law wise.

Incentivising new everyday people from the real world to embrace crypto should be higher on ur agenda than repeating what you have heard others say.

Im reposting something i posted earlier so it doesn't get lost in the shit

------

a good idea is to have a secure web wallet(smart phone friendly as this is the going trend) the does Staking for you and pitch it to people as a crypto savings account / service with interest.

also on top of that you could have a fiat to nautilus option, so instead of going from fiat to btc to naut at an exchange which is really hard for most people that are not in the crypto space. You could open a account (for free of course) and choose a way to fund ur account be it btc, bank transfer, credit card, paypal or what ever is easiest to implement. (im sure BK could pull this off with brain kelly capital)

then u have a savings account gaining interest, which is something a lot of people are use to.

also you could have investment options inside the web wallet, more speculative stuff with a greater chance at returns like providing liquidity for option style trades that grant a higher return on what ever portion you allocate inside the wallet.

options will allow people to lock a sell price at a particular date and speculators will have the chance to do wat they love, speculate with a higher liquid market provided by the liquidity from the web wallets.

POS Multipool could be an option for investment as well. 

2) The ability to buy and sell real things at real shops/places people actually use.

3) The ability for regular non-computer literate people to seamlessly acquire NAUT.

The solution to 1) is simple: Abolish all money laundering regulations - they don't work and only hinder regular people, stifle growth and create unmanageable red tape for small businesses.  Large drug cartels like the CIA and other criminal enterprises simply pay off big banks like Goldman Sachs to launder their money for them and use various fake companies in shady countries to help.  Reform of these stupid laws is vital.  The way to do this would be to get politicians to consider the interests of real people and small businesses rather than the large criminal enterprises/big business etc. that bribe them.

The solution to 2) is to get more retailers on board.  The solution to 3) is actually also the same - use those retailers to exchange NAUT.

Unfortunately, although these solutions are simple, - they are not easy to put into practice:)

1 and 3 are basically the same, and both can be solved with one solution (I don't know what the solution may be, but things like a kiosk in the mall, trade cash for crypto... kind of like the cash for gold kiosks) same kiosk could sell products too I guess.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

The solution to 1) is simple: Abolish all money laundering regulations - they don't work and only hinder regular people, stifle growth and create unmanageable red tape for small businesses.  Large drug cartels like the CIA and other criminal enterprises simply pay off big banks like Goldman Sachs to launder their money for them and use various fake companies in shady countries to help.  Reform of these stupid laws is vital.  The way to do this would be to get politicians to consider the interests of real people and small businesses rather than the large criminal enterprises/big business etc. that bribe them.

The solution to 2) is to get more retailers on board.  The solution to 3) is actually also the same - use those retailers to exchange NAUT.

I think the move to POS will be big news but only to people that know crypto. Perhaps we're lacking promotional material.

Some ideas:

Outlining what POS will mean regarding supply and a brief explanation of how POS will actually work.

Some ideas about the NSF have been really exciting but perhaps that's getting ahead of ourselves for promo material.

Diagrams (I got into BTC after seeing a nice diagram about how the blockchain works, that caught my attention) and perhaps a video.

I'm looking at this from an outsiders perspective, these forums are hard work for newcomers and the website could do with a well thought out update before the transition to POS.

a good idea is to have a secure web wallet(smart phone friendly as this is the going trend) the does Staking for you and pitch it to people as a crypto savings account / service with interest.

also on top of that you could have a fiat to nautilus option, so instead of going from fiat to btc to naut at an exchange which is really hard for most people that are not in the crypto space. You could open a account (for free of course) and choose a way to fund ur account be it btc, bank transfer, credit card, paypal or what ever is easiest to implement.

then u have a savings account gaining interest which is something a lot of people are use to.

also you could have investment options inside the web wallet, more speculative stuff with a greater chance at returns like providing liquidity for option style trades that grant a higher return on what ever potion you allocate into the wallet.

options will allow people to lock a sell price at a particular date and speculators will have the chance to do wat they love, speculate with a higher liquid market provided by the liquidity from the web wallets.

POS Multipool could be an option for investment as well.

Activity: 1036
I think the move to POS will be big news but only to people that know crypto. Perhaps we're lacking promotional material.

Some ideas:

Outlining what POS will mean regarding supply and a brief explanation of how POS will actually work.

Some ideas about the NSF have been really exciting but perhaps that's getting ahead of ourselves for promo material.

Diagrams (I got into BTC after seeing a nice diagram about how the blockchain works, that caught my attention) and perhaps a video.

I'm looking at this from an outsiders perspective, these forums are hard work for newcomers and the website could do with a well thought out update before the transition to POS.
Activity: 154
Not a miner and neither a fan of exchanges and the whole process it takes to acquire coins.

Looking to buy some NAUT, if anyone has some for sale PM me.
This thread just got really interesting.

I couldn't agree more  Cool

2 percent is ideal. It seems like the team are making decisions that maximize the utility of the NSF which is good, because it keeps things open in case a great idea comes up.

I really hope that POW ends at 5mil, because that would preserve the potency of the NSF - because who knows what great idea could come up in the future that'll need the NSF at maximum potency?

Letting POW run towards 10mil or a bigger stake reward would be a total disaster, in my opinion, and make this coin's biggest feature worthless.

Less than 2mil coin - the NSF did more harm than good, did nothing but cause big spikes and helped whales/miners manipulate the market.
More than 10mil POW before staking - the NSF would be totally useless unless there's a huge merchant market to give NAUT liquidity

4 - 6mil is the sweet spot, 2 percent is great growth that keeps all the ideas on the table. We're seeing great Growth - Retrace - Equilibrium - Growth patterns right now, let's see it continue!

Again, I couldn't agree more.  Wheeljack seems to have pretty golden knowledge about crypto and markets in general.
Yep, Wheeljack seems like a pretty smart guy. It's great to see actual financial discussion in a thread on this forum, rather than just PUMPPUMPPUMP! :-)
This is the kind of discussion I think that should be behind a coin. Solid financial analysis and discussion always good for the long term of a coin.

2 percent is ideal. It seems like the team are making decisions that maximize the utility of the NSF which is good, because it keeps things open in case a great idea comes up.

I really hope that POW ends at 5mil, because that would preserve the potency of the NSF - because who knows what great idea could come up in the future that'll need the NSF at maximum potency?

Letting POW run towards 10mil or a bigger stake reward would be a total disaster, in my opinion, and make this coin's biggest feature worthless.

Less than 2mil coin - the NSF did more harm than good, did nothing but cause big spikes and helped whales/miners manipulate the market.
More than 10mil POW before staking - the NSF would be totally useless unless there's a huge merchant market to give NAUT liquidity

4 - 6mil is the sweet spot, 2 percent is great growth that keeps all the ideas on the table. We're seeing great Growth - Retrace - Equilibrium - Growth patterns right now, let's see it continue!

Again, I couldn't agree more.  Wheeljack seems to have pretty golden knowledge about crypto and markets in general.
Yep, Wheeljack seems like a pretty smart guy. It's great to see actual financial discussion in a thread on this forum, rather than just PUMPPUMPPUMP! :-)
With the increased activity here, I'd love to see more activity over at reddit too :-)
http://www.reddit.com/r/nautiluscoin
Activity: 204

Activity: 1036
Mine is stuck at 3 hours. W7
Mine too. At block 23614 to be exact.
Edit: The website is down too. Could this be related?  Huh

Which website?
http://nautiluscoin.com/

I am out of the office, but I have staff looking into this
Thanks BK :-) I tried a minute ago and the website is up again. Still have problem synchronizing the wallet though.
Edit: And now my wallet is working again! Doging - is your wallet up to date too?

Mines good now. Price about to head up? Mint looks promising.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0

Which website?

Thanks BK :-) I tried a minute ago and the website is up again. Still have problem synchronizing the wallet though.
Edit: And now my wallet is working again! Doging - is your wallet up to date too?

My Wallet just starting workin as well. Thanks!!

Which website?

Jump to: