Author

Topic: [ANN] [NAUT] Nautiluscoin - First Coin w/Stabilization Fund - Digishield - page 394. (Read 901831 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
I will not mine scrypt coin anymore if it is not pos.

What is pos and what are the ramifications to mining it?

It is Proof-of-Stake. It is basically interest on cryptocurrencies as another way for coins to be created. Basically, if you hold coins, you can "mint" new coins to gain a certain additional amount to the holdings you already have. Currently, the most popular POS coin is Blackcoin. It had a short mining period and is now completely POS.

Thanks.
legendary

What is pos and what are the ramifications to mining it?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
no c /r or anything bro.. its just simple you have to make .conf file putting all nodes on notepad saving a file called Nautiluscoin.conf as a file name then place it in your roaming /Nautiluscoin folder.. If you think you cant get it working anymore i cud help you if you give me teamviewer access to your computer.

Phew... got it working today after sleeping on it. I figured out the problem. Somewhat self-inflicted.

I didn't use the default data directory path. Even though the cli was updating the conf in the Roaming\Nautliscoin folder, the .conf actually needed to be in the data folder I specified. I figured this out by uninstalling, deleting everything and using the default folder and it worked. So, started from scratch again, put the .conf in the data path I specified, and viola!

Thanks guys for your help. I posted this here too in case anyone else used the non-default path for data they will know the conf file has to go in that path.

Glad to know that you got it working  Smiley
legendary
no c /r or anything bro.. its just simple you have to make .conf file putting all nodes on notepad saving a file called Nautiluscoin.conf as a file name then place it in your roaming /Nautiluscoin folder.. If you think you cant get it working anymore i cud help you if you give me teamviewer access to your computer.

Phew... got it working today after sleeping on it. I figured out the problem. Somewhat self-inflicted.

I didn't use the default data directory path. Even though the cli was updating the conf in the Roaming\Nautliscoin folder, the .conf actually needed to be in the data folder I specified. I figured this out by uninstalling, deleting everything and using the default folder and it worked. So, started from scratch again, put the .conf in the data path I specified, and viola!

Thanks guys for your help. I posted this here too in case anyone else used the non-default path for data they will know the conf file has to go in that path.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Hahah, nice business plan for devs. Manipulate market  and make money from spread.  
This plan has one major flaw. If they dont have huge amount of BTC, to ease the sell pressure, their plan of "stabilization(read:get rich) fund" is screwed. Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Any ETA on the mac wallet?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
So how does this price stabilation work? Price has fallen dramatically, shouldn't there now be buy orders put in from the fund to support market, create volume and therefore create buzz around the coin?

the price stabilization can't work the way they put it there, it's to keep the price from going up, off coursse people are going to sell as long as it's profitable (i'm one of them , i rented some rigs and sold most of what i mined to recover my initial cost and make some little extra) now i'm holding the rest about 1100 coins.
legendary
So how does this price stabilation work? Price has fallen dramatically, shouldn't there now be buy orders put in from the fund to support market, create volume and therefore create buzz around the coin?

Yea, in theory. But, the buy orders aren't put in until the lot of pre-mine is sold at a specific price. What has happened is that some big miners have gone in and sold their coin at a much lower rate, driving the price down. I'm surprised they didn't hold their coin until the NSF kicked in and sold them for a better rate.

I think that will continue until the miner difficulty bumps up. So you could play that game, try to mine and hold. Or go buy some from the miners at these very low entry level prices and plan to hold them for a while. I'm pretty sure this is how bitcoin and litecoin started out as well.

Anyway, I would like to see the OPs take on this situation that supposedly this coin was supposed to avoid. Wink
legendary
Activity: 924
TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
legendary
go to betarigs and check it out different offers.

I'm just curious if paying to rent minors generated phi cheaper than just buying them at .0002 would have.

offcoursse it is people are selling them as low as 0.00008000, i can sell you some if you want

I'm topped up right now. I'm doing my monthly cash to cryto on the 15th and will probably be looking to pick up some more than. Are you listing them on agx or selling them directly?

I'm just curious if paying to rent minors generated phi cheaper than just buying them at .0002 would have.

offcoursse it is people are selling them as low as 0.00008000, i can sell you some if you want
Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
we need to get this on other exchanges so we can get more volume/miners/traders
legendary

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Im surprised not many people have hopped on this yet, one of the only coins I actually rented rigs for.
metoo

feel's nice to be the number 1 miner on a coin xDDDD

Nice I am currently pushing 45mhs on the 0feepool, second place feels good to Smiley

i rented 3 hours of rigs sold 550 recovered cost , still have 1000.but no more buy orders if i sell more i'm renting 50mh again

PS i think people missed this one not being on the calender
Sounds good, where can I rent rigs? I never heard that rigs can be rented rather be bought.  Sad Sad

you can rent only for 3 hours and up , i use betarigs.com

So, what did you rent', what did it cost for 3 hours?
me and you were on a streak for finding blocks xD

1592   106 left   hashmaster   05/03/2014 14:44:26   10.5037   159.39    688,373   317,288   46.09
1591   105 left   blackdoge   05/03/2014 14:43:33   7.8778   159.39    516,280   165,152   31.99
1590   104 left   blackdoge   05/03/2014 14:42:52   5.9084   159.39    387,210   205,120   52.97
1589   103 left   hashmaster   05/03/2014 14:42:08   7.8778   159.39    516,280   297,056   57.54
1588   102 left   hashmaster   05/03/2014 14:40:48   11.8167   159.39    774,419   328,312   42.39
1587   101 left   hashmaster   05/03/2014 14:38:28   8.8625   159.39    580,814   625,376   107.67
1586   100 left   hashmaster   05/03/2014 14:38:10   8.7148   159.39    571,134   314,624   55.09
the dev needs to update the OP with more info to attract more people
legendary
Im surprised not many people have hopped on this yet, one of the only coins I actually rented rigs for.
metoo

Nice I am currently pushing 45mhs on the 0feepool, second place feels good to Smiley

i rented 3 hours of rigs sold 550 recovered cost , still have 1000.but no more buy orders if i sell more i'm renting 50mh again

Sounds good, where can I rent rigs? I never heard that rigs can be rented rather be bought.  Sad Sad

So, what did you rent', what did it cost for 3 hours?
metoo

legendary
Activity: 1484
metoo

Check betarigs https://www.betarigs.com/
Jump to: