Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NDL - The coin for Pastafarians - Flying Spaghetti Monster Cryptocurrency! - page 23. (Read 125278 times)

Activity: 100
Merit: 1
Pool for Future-Airdrops already at 9.000.000 NDL

Hey! By the way: I have created a seperate wallet address for Donations for future Airdrops now.
The address vefore was one of my own wallet, but thats difficult to manage in the future I guess

So this one will be filled by me from time to time.

At the moment it is at 2.000.000 NDL, 1 Mio by an anonymous person and 1 Mio by me.

Ngo2somW9pLj4QC8cyHWKjrpTRYmbeQBkj

Now it's 4 mill NDL.

OK Thank you and  I added 5, just will take a few days of mining hard.

Greez.

n
Activity: 260
Merit: 6
I see that lately, managers are not actively responding to people's questions. so I think that it is worth asking the question not here, but go to the TV-chat of this idea and there learn all the necessary. That would really help the idea to be better

Which questions have not been responded to?  And what's the "TV-chat" of Noodlyappendagecoin?

Hey! By the way: I have created a seperate wallet address for Donations for future Airdrops now.
The address vefore was one of my own wallet, but thats difficult to manage in the future I guess

At the moment it is at 2.000.000 NDL, 1 Mio by an anonymous person and 1 Mio by me.

Now it's 4 mill NDL.
No, you are NOT getting more coins, if you go in ASIC mining for 2 hours and go out with 50-70 blocks like yesterday night, - instead of setting up one or two laptops that mine for you coins at a steady calm flow.

basically that is what i'm doing, i have two 'cores' of my 8 cpu core machine mining ndl. (in the daemon console: setgenerate true 2)
trickle-mining at various intensities is pretty much what i've been doing for over 2 years to keep ndl alive while the community was slumbering. and i *do* have a load of coins to show for it. lol..

oh, if necessary to fight off an annoying asic attack or bring down difficulty, i have two L3+s i can throw at it in a moment's notice. i can also throw lesser 'portions' of L3+ at it, because i modified the configuration stuff in the L3+ to support the cgminer "quota" mining syntax.
i even have a 50mh silverfish asic setup i can throw at it.
of course i'm too distracted to notice if such a need arises, i trust i'd be pinged if there is a need Smiley

Great to hear! ;-) I only got a small ASIC with abt 5 MHash/s so far this also helped bit in such situations with NDL.

In the long run, I see this as my contribution to the coins network, organizing airdrops.
Important will be, that its done with creativity and a sense of humour.
In the spirit of the coin!
Perhaps the recipiants must solve riddles or fulfill tasks to get some.
Thought, e.g., about letting them post fotos in pirate clothes or at noodly ritual acts. Smiley

Thats gonna be great fun!

n
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
So I finally got some new(er) server hardware ordered for the block explorer. If nothing goes wrong it should be in by the end of next week and up the week after that.
The daily restarts seem to have been holding what I have up but sooner or later I figure it's going to go thud.
-Dave
SELL: 10,000,000 NDL @ 0.00000002 BTC = 0.20 BTC
nice start, but i liked the other price above a bit more Tongue
anyway

BUY 1,000,000 NDL @ 0.00000015 ETH = 0.15 ETH

Any other offers out there?  To or from NDL.
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110

basically that is what i'm doing, i have two 'cores' of my 8 cpu core machine mining ndl. (in the daemon console: setgenerate true 2)
trickle-mining at various intensities is pretty much what i've been doing for over 2 years to keep ndl alive while the community was slumbering. and i *do* have a load of coins to show for it. lol..

oh, if necessary to fight off an annoying asic attack or bring down difficulty, i have two L3+s i can throw at it in a moment's notice. i can also throw lesser 'portions' of L3+ at it, because i modified the configuration stuff in the L3+ to support the cgminer "quota" mining syntax.
of course i'm too distracted to notice if such a need arises, i trust i'd be pinged if there is a need Smiley

Do you have a pool setup for it or can you just point the L3+ to the daemon?
I was never able to get an L3 to mine to a scrypt daemon.
-Dave

altcoin wallets are just a big pain in the arse to do local mining, so i've set up a private instance of UNOMP mining software on my linux then configure and mine the coins like a pool.
if UNOMP did not have such a flakey unreliable payout mechanism (seems to try and payout mined blocks that the network rejected for *some* altcoin wallets, and on others the dameon does NOT put the mined coins into the specified address, so payouts fail since payounts are wallet 'account' based) i would open it up to be public, but i dont want to deal with constant messages about missed payments.
so i wont open it up.
although i dont think these problems have shown with the NDL daemon/wallet i dont want to deal with 'users' -- ickky things that they are Cheesy Cheesy

i have done this with NDL but mostly i just do a wallet "setgenerate true "  cpu trickle mining.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
anyway

I'll take that deal. If for no other reason then to get some trading going.
In the car at the moment should be near a PC in about 2 hours or so, PM your address. I'll send and PM you my ETH address.
-Dave
Activity: 324
Merit: 79
anyway

legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
No, you are NOT getting more coins, if you go in ASIC mining for 2 hours and go out with 50-70 blocks like yesterday night, - instead of setting up one or two laptops that mine for you coins at a steady calm flow.

Do you have a pool setup for it or can you just point the L3+ to the daemon?
I was never able to get an L3 to mine to a scrypt daemon.
-Dave
dnp
Activity: 401
Merit: 110

Let me hit it with a bit of power for a few minutes.
I'l start now and run it for 20 min or so. Should find some blocks to help.

-Dave

Thanks Dave,

you don't need to, if you read the above. Wink

I already did that, took me two hours, and it should have been enough.

But - its interesting what now happens. Cheesy

Greez

n
Next reset is at block 1252020
I ran for 30 minutes @ 10MH and got 23 blocks bringing us to 1252012

So it should adjust in 8 blocks. If it's not down by lunchtime I'll hit it again for a few minutes to bring it over the drop.

-Dave

I am looking ... uhh big thing!

{
"blocks" : 1252010,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 0.18355343,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 13154,
"networkhashps" : 1546587,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

Now I went in and out again for just 2 Blocks too, and to see, what my machine makes at 1546587 networkhashps in this situation, fascinating.

but truely, the old situation had been better. Wink

Already at 1252015 ... Ok 1252020 / 60 = 20867 of the given 60-block-groups, I didn't think enough about that, good work!

n
it is that fact:

THAT IS WHY I am not using my ASIC Miner ... instead of an i5 Laptop, to mine NDL: Of course you CAN try, but you are NOT getting more coins - in the long run!

Actually, technically, you are mining more in the short term.  If no one else can compete you are technically getting more coins over the short term since you get all the blocks.  Yes, long run, you are correct, it is better to mine lighter.  Another problem, however, that exists is that some miners and or mining programs don't scale well.  I've tried to use cudaminer to mine just very slowly instead of blasting full power and I wasn't successful in ordering it to do so.  Or rather, I was, but it didn't care.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Great devs, great community, and a chance to have a slice of a massive global industry? Yes, please. Wish the developers only good luck and success!
Guys, I really think we should be a little more constructive regarding our concerns.  Yes, someone mining really hard can make it hard for everyone but it also means a few things.

OK, you already said that, but I think that still there is a huge misunderstanding about how this all works.

So I must be even more clear to break somehow through the walls of Dollar-Symbols in some of the brains out there; it is that fact:

THAT IS WHY I am not using my ASIC Miner ... instead of an i5 Laptop, to mine NDL: Of course you CAN try, but you are NOT getting more coins - in the long run!

Perhaps now it is a bit more clear. Wink

n
Guys, I really think we should be a little more constructive regarding our concerns.  Yes, someone mining really hard can make it hard for everyone but it also means a few things.  It means someone with massive hashing power looked at NDL and said "You know, I think this coin is worth mining" instead of some other mainstream coin.  That is a good sign.  Additionally, the higher the hashrate, the more secure the network.  Yes, it can be hard, but it can also be very good for us.  No one is going to throw that kind of hash power behind a coin they don't find to be worth it.  As NDL increases in value, the hashrate will inevitably increase as more people want it and are willing to dedicate more power to getting it.  I don't think we should be getting angry at those people and their joining of the community.  I think we should ask that if someone is going to do this in the future, please end your temporary hashing about several blocks short of the re-calculating block so that everyone else are only delayed by a few blocks before it is recalculated.  If your hashing ends several blocks into a new difficulty; everyone else will be at an extreme disadvantage.

Yes, I know those of you doing that will specify that your computer only find something like 58 blocks (as you are trying to be considerate), but while your computer finds those 58 blocks, someone else's computer finds 3 and then when you're done, we're at 61 blocks, hence, 1 block into the new difficulty, and it'll take us 59 blocks to reset the difficulty.  If that difficulty means that the average hash rate will take 3 hours to find one block, then it will take 177 hours (over 7 days) to reset the difficulty.  Please consider that.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange

-Dave

Thanks Dave,

Greez

n
Next reset is at block 1252020
I ran for 30 minutes @ 10MH and got 23 blocks bringing us to 1252012

So it should adjust in 8 blocks. If it's not down by lunchtime I'll hit it again for a few minutes to bring it over the drop.

-Dave
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Wіth the рromіsе оf hаrnеssіng thе роwеr of Etherеum blосkсhаіn аnd smаrt contract, thіs іdеa аіms tо сomрlеtеlу revоlutionіzе the wау wе vіеw аnd usе е-cоmmerсe plаtforms.

-Dave

Thanks Dave,

Greez

n
Pages:
Jump to: