Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NDL - The coin for Pastafarians - Flying Spaghetti Monster Cryptocurrency! - page 45. (Read 125161 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Just an idea:

As a lottery reward, you could also give the winners some small amount of BTC (0.001, 0.0001 or such) as a side bonus (I think the premine should cover it). Maybe it would generate more interest in this coin. Smiley
People would not dump the coin quickly since it does give them a chance to win BTC, and others would buy the coin for the fun and mostly - getting the chance to win some real BTC. That would probably stabilize the coin after a few rounds and give it a nice incentive to go on. Smiley

That could be a good Idea. But as of today's market rates it would cost more than the full reward including the btc transaction fee.
And also i do not hold the premine and i'm not the dev of NDL. it is @HisHollyNoodliness. and as of the initial idea 50% of the premine is reserved to be donated to a Science and research orgonisation. I recieved a bounty of 100k NDL from him as a bounty and an extra 250K NDL for the promo. the promo funds have been utilized in the Lottery pot itself, you could find the details in the OP of the Lottery Thread.
If the current Lottery becomes a success, i'll be launching a bigger lottery and another different(still not decided) game for the promo.
I'm running the Lottery free for a few Draws just to boost interest of the miners to use the coin till a proper market and game sites are established.
NDL is a good coin to start for the newbs and miners with low hashing power.
Right now i'm planning to open a pool and later a promo site for multiple coins including NDL.
I thank the community for all the support.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Just an idea:

As a lottery reward, you could also give the winners some small amount of BTC (0.001, 0.0001 or such) as a side bonus (I think the premine should cover it). Maybe it would generate more interest in this coin. Smiley
People would not dump the coin quickly since it does give them a chance to win BTC, and others would buy the coin for the fun and mostly - getting the chance to win some real BTC. That would probably stabilize the coin after a few rounds and give it a nice incentive to go on. Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
congratulations to the winner  Smiley

I like the logo. It was one of the better ones at least.
Activity: 490
congratulations to the winner  Smiley
Activity: 44
Well, it doesn't look exactly like the FSM. But it's cute and has a high value of brand recognition.
Any suggestions on how we could modify it into FSM direction?

The contest showed, that many people didn't recognize we are talking about the FlyingSpaghettiMonster here. I imagine it would help the coins popularity a lot if we would rename it to i.e. "FlyingSpaghettiMonster Coin" (FSM). Everybody would know what it is about and not thinking this is a coin of chinese restaurants.

What do you guys think? What does HisHolyNoodliness think?

+1 I too think the name FlyingSpaghettiMonster would say more.

That makes sense, but it's a pretty long name and it's not easy to spell spaghetti for people. Could that be a concern?
Well, it doesn't look exactly like the FSM. But it's cute and has a high value of brand recognition.

The contest showed, that many people didn't recognize we are talking about the FlyingSpaghettiMonster here. I imagine it would help the coins popularity a lot if we would rename it to i.e. "FlyingSpaghettiMonster Coin" (FSM). Everybody would know what it is about and not thinking this is a coin of chinese restaurants.

+1 I too think the name FlyingSpaghettiMonster would say more.
Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

Activity: 41
hhmmm.......I don't know about logo..... Shocked Roll Eyes
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
LOL, doesn't it look more like a creature from the sea?
I'm proud to present the winner of the logo contest!

I only know about cryptorush. Since ~2 weeks? Do you know another exchange that lists NDL?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Bass Player
That sounds like cryptorush didn't see the transaction so far. Take a look at the transaction tab in your wallet. Get the transaction id (right cklick) and ask cryptorush to solve the problem for you if you still can't see your coins there.
Noo I solo mined all night and was getting blocks this morning I sent some to cryptorush did not show up so i closed wallet and reopened and all the blocks I solo mined disappeared ... 7 million
did your check your transaction history page? is it empty or does it show your mined transactions?
or did you setup a second wallet for solo mining?(i use one - so asked)
or did you setup a shortcut key for the qt wallet and used a different datadir? if yes you could have started the qt from the start menu or through the main qt icon, which would have started the the blockchain from the roaming folder. try searching for the folder "noodlyappendagecoin", if more than 2 folders(1 wallet folder and 1 blockchain folder) show up then what i said would have been the case. it could have happened even if you had selected to automatically start the the qt wallet in the option menu.

i've more than 30 different wallets in main computer and for some coins have 2 wallets and have seen this situation many times.
Activity: 49
Noo I solo mined all night and was getting blocks this morning I sent some to cryptorush did not show up so i closed wallet and reopened and all the blocks I solo mined disappeared ... 7 million
Sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.

Did you have 7m NDL in your wallet? Then closed it. Reopened it. And then you had 0 NDL?

Goto %appdata%/NoodlyAppendageCoin and delete all files except wallet.dat.
Then open you wallet again and wait until you have synced.
fml.. i closed walle at 7 million to reopen and resync sure enough lost 7 mnillion.. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why would i be on a forked chain wiuth 47 connections to the peers!?!?!
I have 4 million shiny NDL ... coin is not dead.

great! try the lottery now  Wink
I have 4 million shiny NDL ... coin is not dead.
Pages:
Jump to: