Author

Topic: [ANN] NeuCoin - Easy to use, free to try, focused on micropayments - Official - page 147. (Read 196191 times)

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

Looks promising, I'm watching
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1000
you can see about investor , team behind neucoin and other in this link , big project

ok..
thanks..
but how to get involved??
there will be an IPO/ICO??
or a presale???
or what?

Cool Cool Cool
Everything is on the OP bro, read there.. Long texts  Grin
Check their site and do one survey if you are looking to secure a free giveway place among 10k people, all info in their site. There will be mining, presale everything will happen in spring so you have to wait for more info. Probably follow on twitter or other media to get updates about this coin  Smiley

waiting to see wath will be...

and i'm following nuecoin on twitter!!!

hope i'm doing the right thing!!!

Yeah, thats all we are doing here. Keeping an eye on updates to find out more.. I also come here to read updates, so me too watching what happens here and also reserved my free coins and they said there see you in the spring. Here is not much updates from the team yet so keep coming back here and check for updates posts if you wish not to miss this rocket  Grin
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
you can see about investor , team behind neucoin and other in this link , big project

ok..
thanks..
or a presale???
or what?

Cool Cool Cool
Check their site and do one survey if you are looking to secure a free giveway place among 10k people, all info in their site. There will be mining, presale everything will happen in spring so you have to wait for more info. Probably follow on twitter or other media to get updates about this coin  Smiley

waiting to see wath will be...

and i'm following nuecoin on twitter!!!

hope i'm doing the right thing!!!
legendary
Activity: 1484

ok..
thanks..
or a presale???
or what?

Cool Cool Cool
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

ok..
thanks..
or a presale???
or what?

Cool Cool Cool
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042
https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964
It looks like a scam to me. Full of marketing words but none of them is about technology innovation  Huh

i do not know if the big names reported in this article war real...

http://bitcoinist.net/neucoin-strongest-altcoin-opening-2015-thus-far/

but there are really BIG NAMES there...

a little copy&paste to summarize:

Patrik Stymne – co-founder of King (Candy Crush Saga)
Rob Goldman – head of growth at Facebook
Emil Michael – senior vice president of business at Uber
Henrik Kjellberg – president of Hotwire
Alex Norstrom – vice president of growth at Spotify (strategic advisor to NeuCoin)

just a question:

how to get involved???
legendary
Activity: 1106
It looks like a scam to me. Full of marketing words but none of them is about technology innovation  Huh
Activity: 168
A huge wall of text, hollow words, some fancy charts,... I won't be surprised if this will be the next big scam.

You would be right  Roll Eyes
Activity: 799
have ade the survey an will watch the thread.
legendary
Activity: 952
I hope there will be an offline wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Activity: 822
Merit: 1002
It's a decent team backing it up. They're a French startup and raised $2.25m USD. Not your typical coin announcement.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/

Let's see how they will do. Certainly some elements can cause a sudden early unsustainable price hike though.
This is going to be something big in 2015
Activity: 210
It's a decent team backing it up. They're a French startup and raised $2.25m USD. Not your typical coin announcement.

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/03/neucoin-is-a-new-cryptocurrency-designed-for-microtransactions/

Let's see how they will do. Certainly some elements can cause a sudden early unsustainable price hike though.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Will follow the progress of this [Suspicious link removed]d luck on the launch!
Activity: 416
Merit: 250
This seems very interesting to me...impressive team of backers.

I have a question - will the Neucoins held at launch by time founders and foundation be staked?

I just ask because one of the features of this project is the high PoS reward to benefit early adopters, but it seems to me the founders and foundations will benefit quite a lot as well with this high PoS reward.
Activity: 182

NeuCoin also announced that it has closed $2.25 million of initial funding. Strategic angels include the co-founder of King (Candy Crush Saga), head of growth at Facebook, SVP of business at Uber, President of Hotwire, and dozens of other tech and media founders and executives. Strategic advisors include Alex Norstrom, VP of growth for Spotify; Jackson Palmer, creator of Dogecoin; and Brock Pierce, serial entrepreneur and Bitcoin Foundation board member.

Can this be validated somewhere?
Activity: 952
Merit: 501
Pos only?

5 million coins per month during year 1 will be awarded through PoW scrypt mining

so when will mine start?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
A huge wall of text, hollow words, some fancy charts,... I won't be surprised if this will be the next big scam.

I agree, and at a penny a coin that's a starting mkt cap of $30 million, with 97b additional coins after 10 years. This completely delusional valuation can only mean one thing, a huge loss for early adopters (see paycoin).

Note that 83% of the 30B NeuCoins at launch will be owned by NeuCoin's non-profit Code, Growth and Utility foundations. 6.7% will be owned by founders and 10% will be owned by investors -- and all the coins owned by founders and investors have re-sale restrictions for 5 years.

When NeuCoin launches, the only coins that will be available to trade on exchanges are the 100M coins that will have been sold in the presale.
If one uses your assumption of $.01 per coin, coinmarketcap.com will only list NeuCoin's market cap at $1M - $.01 * 100M "available" supply - not the $30M that you assumed.

Similarly, Stellar's market cap is listed at $13.5M on coinmarketcap based on a price of $.0037 times an "available supply" of 3.6B Stellars -- even though 100B Stellar's were pre-mined. The remaining 96.4B Stellars are held either by the Stellar Foundation or Stellar's investor Stripe (assuming these Stellar's have re-sale restrictions). Same thing with Ripple -- 100B XRP were pre-mined. Coinmarketcap.com shows available supply at 30.1 billion times a price of $.013 to reach a market cap (based on "available supply") of $408 million. They don't count the roughly 70 billion XRP held by Ripple Labs, Inc.

Yes, Ripple and Stellar are steaming piles of heavily pre-mined corporatist shitcoins.  We laugh at their preposterous market caps and overweening hubris.  But at least Ripple has some smart people and is potentially useful for banks.

Both are solutions still desperately searching for problems to solve.  They are intended for processing transactions (like ACH and Visa), not maintaining a store of value (like gold, silver, Bitcoin, and Monero).
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

I agree, and at a penny a coin that's a starting mkt cap of $30 million, with 97b additional coins after 10 years. This completely delusional valuation can only mean one thing, a huge loss for early adopters (see paycoin).

Note that 83% (83% prior to the presale, 80% after the presale) of the 30B NeuCoins at launch will be owned by NeuCoin's non-profit Code, Growth and Utility foundations. 6.7% will be owned by founders and 10% will be owned by investors -- and all the coins owned by founders and investors have re-sale restrictions for 5 years.

When NeuCoin launches, the only coins that will be available to trade on exchanges are the 100M coins that will have been sold in the presale.
If one uses your assumption of $.01 per coin, coinmarketcap.com will only list NeuCoin's market cap at $1M - $.01 * 100M "available" supply - not the $30M that you assumed.

Similarly, Stellar's market cap is listed at $13.5M on coinmarketcap based on a price of $.0037 times an "available supply" of 3.6B Stellars -- even though 100B Stellar's were pre-mined. The remaining 96.4B Stellars are held either by the Stellar Foundation or Stellar's investor Stripe (assuming these Stellar's have re-sale restrictions). Same thing with Ripple -- 100B XRP were pre-mined. Coinmarketcap.com shows available supply at 30.1 billion times a price of $.013 to reach a market cap (based on "available supply") of $408 million. They don't count the roughly 70 billion XRP held by Ripple Labs, Inc.
Jump to: