Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Neutron Crypto Coin Project (NTRN) Version 4.0.1 available now. - page 71. (Read 134095 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 512
www.neutroncoin.com
Happy to see that the new code appears to be working properly (at least there aren't a lot of complaints about it yet...).

I still need to do another round of testing on it to ensure that it will be as errorless of a transition as possible.

What was worked on?

A whole lot of stuff, if you read post #213 I believe it does a pretty good job of explaining everything.

Would be helpful if you included the version number on the download link or filename so people can easily tell if they have the latest client.

I believe the version number of the current client is 1.1,, but I don't have it in front of me at the moment apologies.

Basically if you got your wallet from this thread, or from www.neutroncoin.com then you have the current client.

New client with protocol and version bump is on the way we are looking at moving forward on December 10th.

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities
Happy to see that the new code appears to be working properly (at least there aren't a lot of complaints about it yet...).

I still need to do another round of testing on it to ensure that it will be as errorless of a transition as possible.

What was worked on?

A whole lot of stuff, if you read post #213 I believe it does a pretty good job of explaining everything.

Would be helpful if you included the version number on the download link or filename so people can easily tell if they have the latest client.
www.neutroncoin.com

Seednodes updated, just some more tweaks, we are almost there.

With that being said, im think I am interested in a new logo for NTRN, anyone have any ideas? Ill gladly pay a bounty.

Thanks.

From Presstab

"Nodes are up and linked

I do notice that I will need to refine a bit of the new code. It looks like some connections are being duplicated."

Everything is still on track, we will be implementing soon,

www.neutroncoin.com

What was worked on?

legendary

What was worked on?
Activity: 980
Merit: 294
if you would still giving translation bounty, i can do the Filipino or Spanish translation dude Cheesy
Activity: 124
Merit: 10

How would anyone complaint Presstab?? I know you from HYP, and it's channel in IRC, and all I can say is how lucky we are that you're behindf the project.

No errors expected, lol. Looking forward to seeing and using the new wallet...

Thanks TEAM!!

Willy
legendary
Activity: 1330
Blockchain Developer

Thanks for your comments audiotopix.

I trust what you say, no problem about that. and I trust and like the coin. Period.

I hope I can see some more payments then, to my wallet, as it would make the small investment I did to add up for the MN, worth in a while and build up for another MN (hopefully), now that you opened your wallets.

It's just that I could not get why it literally stalled to a stop, getting nothing more then a stake or even less a day, while others got many more.

Thanks again audiotopix.

Keep up the good work, we're all one!!!

Willy
www.neutroncoin.com
Hi fellow Neutrons!!

FIRST of all, I want to thank BTC-BTC-BTC who kindly helped me to locate what the problem with my MN was. Thanks BTC-BTC-BTC!!!

Now, I've just been looking around the richlist, and I've found that not many ppl with MN have staked today... The 1st of November... checked about 25-30 wallets that where over 25K coins and that where MN's... so I have to say that I did not check them all, but I have found something "strange" and PLZ don't let this misunderstood in any way, nor do I want to start a war in here...  I'm just trying to learn as much as I can... for it's a short life  Grin

Ok ,here's what I found...

Firstly, my MN which is 9cCzqcP9puKji1AzRhWGPVx3BBC3GxLERy has received a payment today, 1st of November, but it doesn't show on the Block explorer... I checked and I don't look as if I was forked... but plz correct me if I'm wrong... as my last payment was yesterday 31st of October.

For the checks I have made with wallets over 25K coins, I've realized "most" of them have had none, one, or just a few (2-3) payments... but out of curiosity, seeing that on my wallet I only have another wallet on the Nucleus Network, whereas other days I had MANY more, I decided to check that wallets payments... and... here comes my "doubt", for that wallet has had "at least" 100 payments ONLY today...

So here's the question... first, is it normal? second, is my wallet behaving strange?? (doubtful as I'm within the "average" for today)... third, what would the explanation be for that HUGE payment wallet???

Should the wallet be needed, I guess it'll be better to pass it on trough PM, as I said before, I dun wanna start any type of wars or batles, I just wanna understand..

In advance, thanks to the community for your support, replies and fidelity!!

Regards!!

Willy

Hey there,

One of the wallets I manage has been offline, for a few days,, when my wallets are down there are not as many masternode payouts, as people who are running old clients do not all payout to master nodes properly. Masternode enforcement does not work on old clients, neither does the winners list work properly,, The current client pays out to master nodes properly, but the winners list does not work, so its just paying out to random master nodes.

Now in my process of taking this project over, and figuring out what all the problems are. I knew that masternodes would be paid if someone were paying them, so I use the wallets I manage to make sure people who are running masternodes are being paid, while it may be irregular, they are being paid. I manage #1 and #2, I hold them to stake because I like it, I think its fun, steady, nice rate, There arent too many, decent supply at a predictable rate etc etc,, So I hold 4.3 ish million NTRN,, that takes that many out of circulation,, and Im honestly running these wallets to help ensure that people who participate are being paid.
I have no intention of selling these coins, ill never try to pump and dump,, Hell I wont even generate fake volume on Bittrex to keep from being de-listed. I want to rebuild it grass roots style, its a cool project,,
If NTRN's value comes up a bit, I will use the stakes from those 2 wallets to fund things for NTRN,, but not for personal gain. NTRNS volume must be organic, and it must get there organically, this is important to me.  

Im doing something fun, and cool, being as open and transparent as possible about it, in hopes that others will see this and appreciate it. In an industry where coins constantly come and go, get pumped and dumped and abandoned, I feel like sticking with a project having longevity and consistency is important. When the new release is out, and everything is proper, I will have successfully done what I set out to do. Which is for whatever reason what others couldn't do.

Now about what has been done, and what is being done:

The first wallet release I issued, forces masternode payment, problem is that there are still people running the old clients that do not properly payout to masternodes.

To fix this, NTRNs code must be repaired, the features must be re-coded, the winners list for instance, all that code has to work, between the clients and the network ( I should actually be saying HAVE BEEN RECODED) because it has been, you can test the code, see Presstabs repository and compile it for yourself.

The new code and wallet does a few things,

1 mastenode enforcement works 100%
2. Masternode winners list works 100%
3. All old clients will be forced off of the network, all users must have the newest client at that time to participate at all period.
4. New seednodes, will be hosted with presstabs service for as long as he offers the service, and if he ever stops offering the service I will simply have the seed nodes hosted elsewhere and recode the wallets to include updated seednodes.

A protocol bump will be made to force all old clients off of the network completely, which will put everyone on the same client, with a level playing field, and will effectively fix the issue that plagued NTRN in the past and was ultimately why its original developers abandoned it,,, I guess for whatever reason they didn't want to put the work into it to fix it. ( Or more likely they made some BTC and ran, who knows, they were anonymous, I am not.)

I will continue to support and work on this project indefinitely.
I like hiring people to do things, I am the project manager, not a Developer, I hire Developers. I will continue to do so as needed, and I will always only use proven developers.

One of these days ill try to get Gavin himself to put a tweak on it.

After this release, the code will be proper, all the cool things that should have been working from the beginning will be working properly,, the masternode system will be paying out all participants properly, and all wallets will payout to masternodes as they were intended to.

As it is now, I have basically put a band aid on it, by 1. using my wallets to make sure people who run masternodes are being paid, I stake more than anyone.

2. releasing the first wallet that fixed masternode enforcement client side.

That was the band aid fix.

Here are some excerpts from presstab:

This explains what some of the NEW masternode functionality does:

In regard to the need for and creation of new code to fix issues:

From September 9th:

"As of now the code is close to fully written, just not fully tested. Currently it does this:

Wallet sends each node a request for the number of masternodes they have. If the node returns a different number of masternodes that the wallet has, then it requests their full list of masternodes. The masternode list is then sent from the peer and placed into a pending masternodes list. The pending list is constantly checked, and if there are pending masternodes the wallet will try to connect to the nodes.

After connecting it sends a request for verification via asking the node to sign a random hash. When the masternode returns the signed hash and it is correct, the masternode is moved from the pending list to the accepted list. If the wallet was not connected to the peer before this procedure then the wallet then drops the connection (we can add more complex code here if we want, the point is to not force everyone to be connected to each mn).

This whole procedure is handled by a new object I created, the masternodeChecker. The masternodeChecker will then be asked at each block whether the mn that recieved the reward was the correct mn. If not then that block will be rejected. Peers will have the option of not actively using the masternodeChecker and simply following their peers, for example a wallet that does not want to connect to external peers that they do not trust."

In regard to the winners list:

Making progress. Now just need to add this in as a protocol rule:

Code:

21:40:27

masternode winners

21:40:28

{
"544331" : "",
"544332" : "",
"544333" : "",
"544334" : "",
"544335" : "",
"544336" : "",
"544337" : "",
"544338" : "",
"544339" : "",
"544340" : "9gRs1wGxDs92XisvfNMfyfddceop9eL6V2",
"544341" : "9oVkS2fdxiTCTZ6kza5wXccYr7TUS8fmoN",
"544342" : "9r3jZ5oQqABrgBVEPAtgGRM52aDzcrtgNc",
"544343" : "9cA4HQ4aY8CXNTaS5GVegH1HU2LzZAfrUK",
"544344" : "9UpDzaRYUDaD2ArXGCZrmovLVbZ9ibZbja",
"544345" : "9r3jZ5oQqABrgBVEPAtgGRM52aDzcrtgNc",
"544346" : "9UpDzaRYUDaD2ArXGCZrmovLVbZ9ibZbja",
"544347" : "9h7ygWchnKJrY3UgFqyWtu9DCvTtXMEa2E",
"544348" : "9gmNnsQjzBqqjU8qDko6mahNZijJ36kqkK",
"544349" : "9gRs1wGxDs92XisvfNMfyfddceop9eL6V2",
"544350" : "9r3jZ5oQqABrgBVEPAtgGRM52aDzcrtgNc",
"544351" : "9gmNnsQjzBqqjU8qDko6mahNZijJ36kqkK",
"544352" : "9cA4HQ4aY8CXNTaS5GVegH1HU2LzZAfrUK",
"544353" : "9ejT5CymJfGLPbG7RpyxQo9ZSDFHNhHsr4",
"544354" : "9ai7PTDCfJimFy27yYxqJ6bBkXSJDXk1qh",
"544355" : "9kGMXCmPF82i6Ycfj9aqmvSxZeim6FiXCS",
"544356" : "9ejT5CymJfGLPbG7RpyxQo9ZSDFHNhHsr4",
"544357" : "9gRs1wGxDs92XisvfNMfyfddceop9eL6V2",
"544358" : "9ejT5CymJfGLPbG7RpyxQo9ZSDFHNhHsr4",
"544359" : "9kGMXCmPF82i6Ycfj9aqmvSxZeim6FiXCS",
"544360" : "9UpDzaRYUDaD2ArXGCZrmovLVbZ9ibZbja"
}

And regarding Seednodes:

How I handle the nodes is that I remove the connection limits on the explorer (usually 5-6 per coin) and bump it up to 100 connections. I also have another server that I will add NTRN to it and have up to 100 connections there. I will then add ntrnseed.presstab.pw which will have the ipaddresses of both those servers routed to it. Then ntrnseed.presstab.pw should be added to the NTRN source code and it allows adding/changing seeds on the fly without having to update the source code itself... for example if you wanted any other nodes automatically connected to on startup then I can add it to the ntrnseed.presstab.pw DNS routing.

Anyhow,

I know this is a long post. sorry about that, As I have shared above in another post or two, maybe three,, The work on NTRN is done, Presstab has the work, and it is being tested, you can test it yourself.

Go to the Github linked earlier in this thread, or from the #1 post,, compile it and test it for yourself,

When Presstab is confident that the testing is good and everything is proper, we will schedule the release.

If you have any questions about that feel free to message him.

I will not abandon this project, Im happy with the experience!

NTRN is a good steady staking coin. Medium to low supply coin. Not to much inflation. I want to keep it simple.

A solid dependable staking coin, easy to connect, buy, stake, sell, and trade. Its not expensive, with the seednodes intact operating perfectly an 8 year old could download and run a wallet, no need for a .conf.

No need for expensive hardware, only the electricity it takes to power whatever device you run your wallet on,,

Watching all these coins come and go over the years,,, Ill be happy that this one purrs like a kitten right on down the road.

Its usefulness is in the hands of its community, personally I just like to stake it, but to use it as a way to generate interest on an investment would be its key purpose.

With larger volume, this should be easily achievable,, if I buy at 100 sats,, and in 4 years am still able to sell it for 100 sats then I would have made interest on my initial investment.

And that for now is NTRNS main use. I like that, a growing digital piggy bank.

So while another 100 coins come out with the fancy flavor of the week features that get peoples money and run with it.

Im gonna stand by the old simple staking coin because its a growing digital piggy bank, simple to use for anyone, cheap to invest in, its also greener than many other coins no need to waste a ton of electricity.

It just makes sense to me, anyhow,, I hope this is useful,, sorry for my terrible spelling, poor punctuation, I gotta get to bed soon, but wanted to share my thoughts.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I have learned a shit ton about how a coin works throughout this process, would'nt trade it for the world.

Hi fellow Neutrons!!

FIRST of all, I want to thank BTC-BTC-BTC who kindly helped me to locate what the problem with my MN was. Thanks BTC-BTC-BTC!!!

Now, I've just been looking around the richlist, and I've found that not many ppl with MN have staked today... The 1st of November... checked about 25-30 wallets that where over 25K coins and that where MN's... so I have to say that I did not check them all, but I have found something "strange" and PLZ don't let this misunderstood in any way, nor do I want to start a war in here...  I'm just trying to learn as much as I can... for it's a short life  Grin

Ok ,here's what I found...

Firstly, my MN which is 9cCzqcP9puKji1AzRhWGPVx3BBC3GxLERy has received a payment today, 1st of November, but it doesn't show on the Block explorer... I checked and I don't look as if I was forked... but plz correct me if I'm wrong... as my last payment was yesterday 31st of October.

For the checks I have made with wallets over 25K coins, I've realized "most" of them have had none, one, or just a few (2-3) payments... but out of curiosity, seeing that on my wallet I only have another wallet on the Nucleus Network, whereas other days I had MANY more, I decided to check that wallets payments... and... here comes my "doubt", for that wallet has had "at least" 100 payments ONLY today...

So here's the question... first, is it normal? second, is my wallet behaving strange?? (doubtful as I'm within the "average" for today)... third, what would the explanation be for that HUGE payment wallet???

Should the wallet be needed, I guess it'll be better to pass it on trough PM, as I said before, I dun wanna start any type of wars or batles, I just wanna understand..

In advance, thanks to the community for your support, replies and fidelity!!

Regards!!

Willy
legendary
Nice to to see the community still being active.
www.neutroncoin.com
Hey everyone,

Bittrex has yet again for the fourth time in 2 months put NTRN up for de-listment on the 28th of October, (today) If our volume hasn't been an

average

of .3 btc a day for the past 7 days.

We have made the cut the past 3 times, Im hoping we will again this time,,

I must tell everyone as the Manager of this project, That I will not fake volume, I refuse too, not gonna do it.

Neutron's growth must be Organic and from the ground up. I like that the price is cheap, I really dont even care what the price is.

I just want to see natural volume of people trading NTRN, up / down, whatever.

NTRN is an honest staking coin, with an honest manager that is working on making it even better.

As you all may know there is new code for NTRN, and it is in testing as we speak,

I would also like to add that anyone who can compile it is more than welcome to run it.

Presstab is adamant about a lengthy testing phase to be sure everything is is proper for launch.

In conclusion to my post, If NTRN does not make the cut at Bittrex, I will start pushing to be listed on other exchanges.

In the event that NTRN is de-listed at Bittrex, lets just move active trading to Cryptopia, which has an unpopular but very cool format.

I would love to see Cryptopia gain some more popularity.

Anyhow, thats all I have to say for now, Thank you for all for your support and help with this project.

We are here for the long haul with or without Bittrex. (Though preferably with)

Thanks everyone, I will post new information as it comes in.

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
One brick at a time...keep up the good work audiotopix  Smiley

Just tweeted @ohyperjacked
Cheers m8
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119
It's all mathematics...!
Awesome buying opportunity at 100 sats with such a small market cap IMHO  Shocked Shocked Shocked Cool

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
Hi, anyone with any help?? Would be greatly appreciated... another day without stake on my MN...

TIA

Willy

Hi all. I'm having some staking issues with my newly created Masternode... for the last three or four days, I have had only about 5 stakes. First day though and second seemed good enough. But now, it has all gone "nuts".

I would need and mostly appreciate some help as it has taken me a while to collect those 25k and I was expecting it to run smoother...

This is what I get when doing getinfo and getstakinginfo, FYI:

getinfo:

{
"version" : "v1.1.0.0-g32a928e",
"protocolversion" : 60015,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 25036.46678200,
"newmint" : 0.00000000,
"stake" : 0.00000000,
"blocks" : 620710,
"timeoffset" : -5,
"moneysupply" : 21954028.47492000,
"connections" : 9,
"proxy" : "",
"ip" : "79.98.220.209",
"difficulty" : {
"proof-of-work" : 14887410.98058331,
"proof-of-stake" : 0.03426188
},
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1429477115,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00000000,
"unlocked_until" : 0,
"errors" : ""
}

and for getstakinginfo:

{
"Enabled" : false,
"Staking" : false,
"Errors" : "",
"Current Block Size" : 0,
"Current Block Tx" : 0,
"Pooled Tx" : 0,
"Difficulty" : 0.03321947,
"Search Interval" : 0,
"Weight" : 5214,
"Net Stake Weight" : 1803774,
"Expected Time" : -1
}

As for the "unlocked until" : 0 this parameter has been like that, even the first day or two when it staked "normaly"... And it is confirmed that the wallet is unlocked because I've tried typing walletpassphrase "mypasswordhere" 1000000000 and it tells me the wallet is already unlocked and to do walletlock first.

Thanks in advance for any help...

Regards!!

Willy

PS: My masternode is working on port 9999 and it's open TCP and UDP to that precise IP. A port scanner backs it for confirmation...

PM sent. I can take a look for you to see if I can help.
Hi, anyone with any help?? Would be greatly appreciated... another day without stake on my MN...

TIA

Willy

Hi all. I'm having some staking issues with my newly created Masternode... for the last three or four days, I have had only about 5 stakes. First day though and second seemed good enough. But now, it has all gone "nuts".

I would need and mostly appreciate some help as it has taken me a while to collect those 25k and I was expecting it to run smoother...

getinfo:

{
},
}

and for getstakinginfo:

{
}

As for the "unlocked until" : 0 this parameter has been like that, even the first day or two when it staked "normaly"... And it is confirmed that the wallet is unlocked because I've tried typing walletpassphrase "mypasswordhere" 1000000000 and it tells me the wallet is already unlocked and to do walletlock first.

Regards!!

Willy

PS: My masternode is working on port 9999 and it's open TCP and UDP to that precise IP. A port scanner backs it for confirmation...

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001
www.neutroncoin.com
I just see this message at Bittrex again. Anyone knows why it's happening so often nowadays.

"This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on Friday, October 28th 2016 unless the average daily trade volume for the last 14 days exceeds 0.3 BTC. If you would like to keep the market listed, please encourage the development team to contact us at [email protected]. If you have questions about the policy, please see https://bittrex.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/202583874."
copper member
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1179
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
if you wish this ANN to be translated into Filipino, let me do the job Grin Grin Grin

getinfo:

{
},
}

and for getstakinginfo:

{
}

Regards!!

Willy

Pages:
Jump to: