Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ** NEW SITE bitgem.pw ** BTG BitGem 0.4.9.ALPHA1 | COLORED COINS | FAUCET - page 25. (Read 147668 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 102
For my mind the important thing to think about is how to implant protection against asics into the coin. As it is a "commodity" active it must be protected. It is interesting for me is it possible to technically update BTG with N-factor or similar feature? I think it is quite possible as long as there are still plenty of time before scrypt asics will appear on the market. But it is a keypoint to BTG. Everything other is ok (dev is working hard for the eternity of time in crypto terms with the Gems) or very easy, like renovating the website and so on. Before doing some complicated things and I'm sure the dev can do it is strictly necessary protect the coin from asics - it is not of that type))))
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
have we got a facebook, twitter, can someone set up a forum, giveaways are a bit hard because they are so hard to get in large amounts, we must be able to think of something.

I think if mineral and the community coordinate the new wallet update, i think it can go well.

Like 4-5 promotions the same day the wallet update is released.

Assuming mineral can get the simple 4c system to work that is.

If he does and the community all chip in, then we can make this a popular coin.
he has some great ideas, im sure he won't let us down, probably has his hands full, but if the community can step up too the plate like you say, we can move this along faster, very soon big investment money will pour into crypto, as people loose faith in fiat currency's, we need to be ready and in a good position for this
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
have we got a facebook, twitter, can someone set up a forum, giveaways are a bit hard because they are so hard to get in large amounts, we must be able to think of something.

I think if mineral and the community coordinate the new wallet update, i think it can go well.

Like 4-5 promotions the same day the wallet update is released.

Assuming mineral can get the simple 4c system to work that is.

If he does and the community all chip in, then we can make this a popular coin.
legendary
legendary
these could so easily go too 1k each with the right marketing strategy, any plans for this people? i can see mineral is working hard so is there anything we can do?
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Keep up the good work and Bitgem will take off. 

FWIW I called Vertcoin's meteoric rise too:
There is a lot to get excited about with this coin.  Rarity, Script, ASIC resistance, dev team that is clearly focused on innovation.  Good price right now too.  I think it will really take off.

Is Bitgem resistant to Asics?

I think all Scrypt based coins are ASIC RESISTENT, but at some point someone WILL figure out how to build a Scrypt ASIC and at that point, they will become susceptible to ASIC mining.
Activity: 490
Merit: 102

There is a lot to get excited about with this coin.  Rarity, Script, ASIC resistance, dev team that is clearly focused on innovation.  Good price right now too.  I think it will really take off.

Is Bitgem resistant to Asics?
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
BTG donate here

ghKADU94K1Jrs3TU21bcrri2tspx34yhjx

LTC donate here

LhJeqwwY3cS4DPidhkaHyvebgNo7rJsR4a
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Activity: 294
Activity: 217
The next logical step would be to create www.bitgem.info/forums

For now, BTG forum is hosted in cryptocointalk https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/173-bitgem-btg/, but an additional forum would be welcomed, of course Wink
Activity: 5
The next logical step would be to create www.bitgem.info/forums
Activity: 333
"Raven's Cry"
I really like that the dev has been present and active since May.  That's an eternity in crypto.

It was hard to do it, but I just sold my stake in Kitteh to buy BTG.  I know this is a gamble as it is very likely that Kitteh will double or triple in coming weeks.  However, I believe it will be easy for BTG to equal or surpass these gains.  Here's why:

BTG has gotten a lot of attention from traders in the past few days.  Bigger interests are moving in and slowly buying up BTG while total market cap is still around $100k.  This first big buy a few days ago resulted in establishing a new base around 4.  This is where I noticed and bought in.  Following this, the price increased 50% again in the last 24 hours, and currently seems to be hammering out a new base around 6.  At this price, BTG market cap is a mere 125k.  Rather than taking my 50% overnight profit and moving on, I immediately liquidated Kitteh for more BTG.  Why?  Easy:

Which coin is more likely to increase by a factor of 10 in the next month?  The one that has to gain $18 mil, or the one that has to gain 1mil?  Kaiser has already spoken about Kitteh.  The community knows about it and they're not buying it.. BTG is a diamond in the rough.  A unnoticed crypto with great potential for tenfold growth.  I've seen this pattern before and I'm not missing out this time.

Welcome aboard  Cheesy
I really love the concept behind it. I hope you can keep up and keep developing BTG!
I really like that the dev has been present and active since May.  That's an eternity in crypto.

It was hard to do it, but I just sold my stake in Kitteh to buy BTG.  I know this is a gamble as it is very likely that Kitteh will double or triple in coming weeks.  However, I believe it will be easy for BTG to equal or surpass these gains.  Here's why:

BTG has gotten a lot of attention from traders in the past few days.  Bigger interests are moving in and slowly buying up BTG while total market cap is still around $100k.  This first big buy a few days ago resulted in establishing a new base around 4.  This is where I noticed and bought in.  Following this, the price increased 50% again in the last 24 hours, and currently seems to be hammering out a new base around 6.  At this price, BTG market cap is a mere 125k.  Rather than taking my 50% overnight profit and moving on, I immediately liquidated Kitteh for more BTG.  Why?  Easy:

Which coin is more likely to increase by a factor of 10 in the next month?  The one that has to gain $18 mil, or the one that has to gain 1mil?  Kaiser has already spoken about Kitteh.  The community knows about it and they're not buying it.. BTG is a diamond in the rough.  A unnoticed crypto with great potential for tenfold growth.  I've seen this pattern before and I'm not missing out this time.
I really love the concept behind it. I hope you can keep up and keep developing BTG!
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
bitgem.dyndns.org is now a no-fee pool again!
Activity: 5
As I explained earlier, BTG cap is currently about 24,740 BTG, but there is a theoretical hardcoded cap limit  of 500,000 BTG. Because BTG minting rate is currently only 1,000 BTG / month, hardcoded limit cap will not be reached to within 50 years. It is rather a theoretical limit.

OK, now its making more sense. Thanks for the clarification.
The money supply today is approximately 24,740 BTG and not going to see many more ...

Thanks but I'm still confused. Do you mean we're not going to see many more today, or ever? Is there an overall cap... like say... 200,000 BTG after 10 years?

As I explained earlier, BTG cap is currently about 24,740 BTG, but there is a theoretical hardcoded cap limit  of 500,000 BTG. Because BTG minting rate is currently only 1,000 BTG / month, hardcoded limit cap will not be reached to within 50 years. It is rather a theoretical limit.
Question...
What is Bitgem's Proof of Stake like. What is its monthly/yearly ROI? How often does it stake/mint?

Hi,

PoS is similar but not equals to Novacoin (whom Bitgem is forked) and BitBar. Meanwhile BitBar provides a fixed anual interest, BitGem RoI is variable on 1%-3% yearly basis, depending on difficulty. Stake is minted monthly.
Pages:
Jump to: