Author

Topic: [ANN] NEWB - The crypto market's dirty little secret - page 118. (Read 153786 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1000
Additional details will be forthcoming in our whitepaper/roadmap but we wanted to confirm that there will be a cap implemented for our up coming crowd sale.  
legendary

Does your development include archiving raw trades data gotten from the established exchanges? One of the more frustrating analytical barriers is the lack of raw-trades archives - the kind that do exist for Bitcoin exchanges. If NEWBIUM archives raw trades and allows access for statistical and other aglo-type analyses, that'd be great!

We are more focused on human generated data but this is something we could look at in the future.
legendary
Activity: 924
Way to little information for me to be really interested.
Basically asking for free money without showing anything, only 20 lines of text. No thanks.

Our full development roadmap will be provided before the crowd sale begins.  We will provide a very informative and comprehensive report.

Does your development include archiving raw trades data gotten from the established exchanges? One of the more frustrating analytical barriers is the lack of raw-trades archives - the kind that do exist for Bitcoin exchanges. If NEWBIUM archives raw trades and allows access for statistical and other aglo-type analyses, that'd be great!
legendary

Again, these are no valid reasons to choose a name, the name needs to embody the vision is some way. Noob has a negative connotation. And 'strong mental association' Que?
Yes, aspects of the vision must imbue the name.  We did not choose "noob" because we felt it had more negative connotations than newb.  Many people will describe themselves as newbies at something but not many will call themselves noobs.

I think we both can agree that 99% of the humans on this planet are "not" in crypto at this time.  So if crypto continues down its path to mainstream adoption that would mean the 99% still left to enter this field are in fact, newbies.  

Newbium aims to make this transition as easy as possible by providing a platform where the complex cryptocurrency market data is experienced in a simple and intuitive manner.
legendary
When ICO is started?

No set date yet for crowd sale start.
legendary
how can you manage the rest of the total supply 60,000,000 coins (60)
need more details
Thanks

We are working on a mechanism which the coins will be locked for an amount of time with a specific percentage being released at certain time intervals.
Activity: 600
Merit: 250
When ICO is started?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
how can you manage the rest of the total supply 60,000,000 coins (60)
need more details
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1092
is Newbium for Newbies only?
No, Newbium is for everyone.  We chose this name because it was easily recognizable by everyone in the crypto community.

I think the market data visualization aspect is interesting but 'the easily recognizable by everyone in the crypto community' reason for the name doesn't make sense to me and raises questions on the actual development.

Actually, there are three major reasons:

1) Google search only returned 325 results so very easy for us to rank.  Also very easy to get newbium.com

2) Newb is used very often on this forum so there are already strong mental associations linked to the word.  

3) No one on the team was against using it.

Again, these are no valid reasons to choose a name, the name needs to embody the vision is some way. Noob has a negative connotation. And 'strong mental association' Que?
legendary
Needs more information but seems like that is in the plans. So will follow this, can turn out interesting!

More detailed information will definitely be provided in the coming days.
legendary
Why do you need a coin?  The value seems to be in provisioning information.  How are you going to differentiate Newbium in the big data marketplace when it is relatively easy to pull information from blockchains?

Yes, you are right information is a commodity.  And just like any commodity we will use it as raw material inputs to create something more valuable.  We will refine the information into more value-added products.

Plus we will also offer our propriety index products as well, NxttyACCI being our 1st index product http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nxttyacci/

legendary
No, Newbium is for everyone.  We chose this name because it was easily recognizable by everyone in the crypto community.

I think the market data visualization aspect is interesting but 'the easily recognizable by everyone in the crypto community' reason for the name doesn't make sense to me and raises questions on the actual development.

Actually, there are three major reasons:

1) Google search only returned 325 results so very easy for us to rank.  Also very easy to get newbium.com

2) Newb is used very often on this forum so there are already strong mental associations linked to the word.   

3) No one on the team was against using it.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Needs more information but seems like that is in the plans. So will follow this, can turn out interesting!
legendary
Activity: 1092
No, Newbium is for everyone.  We chose this name because it was easily recognizable by everyone in the crypto community.

Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Why do you need a coin?  The value seems to be in provisioning information.  How are you going to differentiate Newbium in the big data marketplace when it is relatively easy to pull information from blockchains?
legendary
Any whitepaper? roadmap etc. explain..

A comprehensive roadmap will be provided before the crowd sale begins.
legendary
Is there a time frame on this ICO yet?

No set timeframe yet.
legendary
Activity: 302
Merit: 250
Is there a time frame on this ICO yet?
MGM
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Jump to: