Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] NEX :: Nxt Reimagined - Industrial Strength - Imagine Fairness! - page 60. (Read 101968 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
im interested. do i need to do something else for this charity IPO or does this suffice

yes... but if you want more... then contribute effort
legendary
TESTERS!

You can find the ALPHA TEST CLIENT here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/nexcoin/files/Nxt/

It should work like the regular Nxt client.

This is extremely early alpha work, so just send really amounts of Nxt to test.

Download and unzip the NEX client on your computer where you can easily locate it.

Using your command line window, navigate to the folder/directory of the NEX Client.

Start Java from within the directory using the following command:

java -jar start.jar

After you have installed the NEX client and navigated to https://127.0.0.1:7875
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
im interested. do i need to do something else for this charity IPO or does this suffice
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
A few questions:

First: I still haven't got an answer to my serious question how you are going to avoid a tech based bias in your distribution.
It seems that people that are less able to do your beta testing or development (for all that I applaud merit based distribution) will almost automatically have a better chance at a bigger stake. Would you please explain if and how you plan to avoid this?

Second, as a Nxt holder (a small one) I seem to be in a better position to acquire NEX. Again, thanks for the advantage, but how does that promote a fairer distribution? I actually earned all my Nxt with bounties, so now I am basically NEX easier because I own Nxt?

Thanks for the answers.

There are a lot of ways to contribute that goes beyond knowing technology.

Creating graphics,  writing articles,  selling on eBay, ..  it is wide open!  

We don't want want Nxt holders to feel disenfranchised with NEX development so we are offering the opportunity to translate their holdings.   You will have to exchange your Nxt into NEX.   We priced it extremely low so that you have every chance to gain.

We are also giving away coins to VisaCoin holders who were unfairly scammed.  We don't have to do it,  but this would only be fair.  

Thanks for the answers. Smiley

What is your view on NEX and NXT existing side by side?
I ask this, because the NXT community is committed to NXT, too, and a smart investor doesn't put all his money on one card.
I also ask this because two coins continually fighting each other is basically bad business.

As a last one, because it's a difficult one: I personally dislike the word "fair" in business. I make money because I have skills that others do not have. I also make money because I am willing to put in the effort. There is a real issue also for the NEX community after the IPO closes how it will address the people who will enter after IPO and *will* have to pay more if it is a success.

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
SEEKING TESTERS!

We Now have our own CLONE of Nxt and we are seeking people to tests its functionality before we fork the code!

NEX distribution will reward those who contribute.  

Take this opportunity to contribute your talents.

We will upload a link to the Nxt clone shortly!

If this tests perfectly with the Nxt network,  we will be on our way to distributing coins in a FREE and FAIR manner.

i'll give it a go
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Preliminary analysis of Nxt code indicates the following:

Dodgy Code (87 instances)
--> Misuse of static fields - 60 times
Bad Practice (50 Instances)
---> System.exit called 18 times!
Null Pointer Dereference (2)

anyway... total of 588 bugs.

like I said... garbage.

anyway improvements are coming along!

How have you come to such numbers?

Probably via static code analysis.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
I am definitely interested!
legendary
A few questions:

First: I still haven't got an answer to my serious question how you are going to avoid a tech based bias in your distribution.
It seems that people that are less able to do your beta testing or development (for all that I applaud merit based distribution) will almost automatically have a better chance at a bigger stake. Would you please explain if and how you plan to avoid this?

Second, as a Nxt holder (a small one) I seem to be in a better position to acquire NEX. Again, thanks for the advantage, but how does that promote a fairer distribution? I actually earned all my Nxt with bounties, so now I am basically NEX easier because I own Nxt?

Thanks for the answers.

There are a lot of ways to contribute that goes beyond knowing technology.

Creating graphics,  writing articles,  selling on eBay, ..  it is wide open!  

We don't want want Nxt holders to feel disenfranchised with NEX development so we are offering the opportunity to translate their holdings.   You will have to exchange your Nxt into NEX.   We priced it extremely low so that you have every chance to gain.

We are also giving away coins to VisaCoin holders who were unfairly scammed.  We don't have to do it,  but this would only be fair.  
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
We are professionals.  

I confirm that, "they" r professionals.
legendary

like I said... garbage.

We are professionals.  
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010
A few questions:

Thanks for the answers.
Activity: 126

like I said... garbage.

legendary

like I said... garbage.

Activity: 596
Merit: 500
Seeking Additional Java Developers

We have successfully decompiled the Nxt source and are now in the process of performing a massive refactoring and cleanup of the code base.

Short term goals.

Remove the primitive addressing scheme and use a scheme that looks like Bitcoin.  Bitcoin addresses are more readable, have a checksum and have many tools to generate them.  Nxt addresses that are all numerical are something that came out of the 1950's.

Secure Wallet.  Nxt wallet is fundamentally insecure.  Exposing a wallet to the public internet for everyone to hack is just idiotic.   No wonder so many Nxt users have lost money!

Nxt does not use an internal database like every other alt coin.  This is idiotic because NXT nodes easily fail and run out of memory.  Furthermore, if you accidentally turn off your node... your wallet can get corrupted!

NEX strives not only to be a fairer distributed Nxt variant,  but a technologically super version.

Join the enterprise... participate with your coding skills!!!

We will not ship SHIT like the Nxt folks.  We will ship product that will secure our users coins!
If Nxt is so bad... why are you cloning it?

A good question, with a very simple answer - greed. He couldn't care less about the code,  he just wants some sort of copy out there so he can take money out of Nxt's marketshare and put it into his own pocket. That's all there is to it - he is a parasite, nothing more.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Seeking Additional Java Developers

We have successfully decompiled the Nxt source and are now in the process of performing a massive refactoring and cleanup of the code base.

Short term goals.

Remove the primitive addressing scheme and use a scheme that looks like Bitcoin.  Bitcoin addresses are more readable, have a checksum and have many tools to generate them.  Nxt addresses that are all numerical are something that came out of the 1950's.

Secure Wallet.  Nxt wallet is fundamentally insecure.  Exposing a wallet to the public internet for everyone to hack is just idiotic.   No wonder so many Nxt users have lost money!

Nxt does not use an internal database like every other alt coin.  This is idiotic because NXT nodes easily fail and run out of memory.  Furthermore, if you accidentally turn off your node... your wallet can get corrupted!

NEX strives not only to be a fairer distributed Nxt variant,  but a technologically super version.

Join the enterprise... participate with your coding skills!!!

We will not ship SHIT like the Nxt folks.  We will ship product that will secure our users coins!
If Nxt is so bad... why are you cloning it?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Ⓘ♡฿
I am also interested!
Activity: 238
OK steps to begin testing:

1) change port numbers used.  Do you need help forking, changing, then pulling with GIT to do this?

2) obtain account passwords for accounts that genesis disbursed to.

Step 2 assumes you plan on testing using existing genesis block, but just different ports.  Even using different ports is asking for trouble, someone WILL (intentionall or accidentally) connect the NXT and NEX networks, with disastrous consequences for NEX.

Sorry, but most likely you're gonna have to generate a diff genesis block to begin testing.
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
I'm in. Willing to help testing also.
Activity: 196
First feature : Forging bonus for small stakeholders over big stakeholders. Forging rate ceiling over 100000 NEX.
Second : Max 50000 NEX per person at first ipo/distribution watsoever you call it.

Do that and you win  Smiley

I'll create sockpuppets to get more NEX
I'll distribute my NEX evenly over several accounts to have them all forging.

Reality isn't as simple as we would like it to be.

NXT is actually trying to make things fair. It's just not as simple as it seems at times.
Pages:
Jump to: