Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!! - page 14. (Read 74474 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
barwheezy, i have just invested in your Noribits on nanotokens. if you are succesful in lowering the blocktime, please offer me an insight on how it is done. i'm afraid i might kill my coin

retarget is the issue, blocktime is fine

oh, i see. seems to be a combination of the issue for me. retarget is only happening every 48 hours which makes  for some sluggish spells. anywho, sorry for the thread jack brother. i'll hit you up sometime.

r3wt

Nope. Currently, retarget is set every 60 blocks, which is about 2hours at regular block time (~2min.). Last retarget was too long due to a spike in hashrate, pushing a high target on the network, which then caused a massive drop in hashrate. Block time for the network increased to about 20~30mn instead of 2.

For those worried about their coins, changing retarget rules will not kill your coins. It will only change the way difficulty is adjusted at retargets, and prevent issues like we've seen yesterday.
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
barwheezy, i have just invested in your Noribits on nanotokens. if you are succesful in lowering the blocktime, please offer me an insight on how it is done. i'm afraid i might kill my coin

oh, i see. seems to be a combination of the issue for me. retarget is only happening every 48 hours which makes  for some sluggish spells. anywho, sorry for the thread jack brother. i'll hit you up sometime.

r3wt
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Should we have a vote on whether to take Noirbits off of coinchoose until the adjustments are made? It can be taken off if a dev contacts sal002
I vote to leave it on.
Activity: 84
got your post on digitalcurrencytalk.com Barwizi thanks for the update - I'm starting to warm to Noirbits a lot - it looks legit !

can't wait to help promo it for you !

we will grab some of those pics you have there  !
legendary
ah!!!! you wernt' supposed to tell!!!!  Tongue
Finally ! Retarget should be next on next block... unless I miscalculated Wink
Activity: 319
Merit: 250
I vote leave it on CoinChoose.

Weakness has been identified, and is being addressed. The value of Noirbits coincides with the introduction to CoinChoose, leave it on there. It introduces it to the masses, and once they research it, they will see the benefits of having a real devteam behind the Coin.

Once the patch comes out, it will be OK.
Activity: 162
Should we have a vote on whether to take Noirbits off of coinchoose until the adjustments are made? It can be taken off if a dev contacts sal002
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Noirbits Bank of Nigeria.

I have 1 million Noirbits owed to me after the passing of a dear friend. I would like from you some help. please can you pay me $100 only, so that I can release the funds and pay you %25. Please, thank you, your dear friend.
Are you guys changing the difficulty retarget?.. because if so you need to be very vocal to all interested parties. HYC died shortly after that and ELC is struggling to survive. There has to be over a hundered Noirbits clients in the wild that will all need to update too.

we havent finalized everything yet, we are hoping to announce an update soon and have it effective in two days, first we have to agree here.

Two days might be a bit short notice...
Are you guys changing the difficulty retarget?.. because if so you need to be very vocal to all interested parties. HYC died shortly after that and ELC is struggling to survive. There has to be over a hundered Noirbits clients in the wild that will all need to update too.

we havent finalized everything yet, we are hoping to announce an update soon and have it effective in two days, first we have to agree here.
So I think the proposed change is that we go from 2 hour retargets to 1 (every 30 blocks), with a max of 4 hours (with a block, if it's been more than 4 hours since a retarget, then a retarget occurs with that block). This seems good to me, and I think will clean up the current problem with a ton of added hash, then having it removed.
legendary

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

LOOK at that PRICE RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
Wohoo. Glad a bought a boatload in the 0.00003 range (although now I wish I had bought more than 7000). Up to 12k. Makes me want to work to finish my site quickly, and set it up to only take noirbits. Is there a version of the daemon which easily connects to javascript (coffeescript)?

legendary
Well I tried the testnet, but I can't mine it... Noirbitsd replies that server is not connected :s Do I need to add some peers for testnet ?

please read the message i sent. You need another machine to be on testnet.
Well I tried the testnet, but I can't mine it... Noirbitsd replies that server is not connected :s Do I need to add some peers for testnet ?
legendary
received thanks, i take it that means this update didn't break anything. So I'm gonna merge now then we can all update and i'll start building the windows client.
someone please send Noir to EEXC8guPFrr6TYTsnKtu4u9Gkmg487uYJZ
Just sent you 3.
Pages:
Jump to: