Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!! - page 9. (Read 74427 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Good Wink Given I don't have much work left on Noirbits client for now, I'm gonna finish up Noirdice, which I paused to work on the client.
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
OK, i have begun bugging some old promise makers to get a few games going and a auto lotto running.
Well only way I found to contact him is via Twitter, sent him a tweet, we'll see if he responds...

Concerning difficulty, I'm not too sure. It would punish legitimate users also... and we would have to impose an upgrade to users through a protocol version increment. I'm not too fond of pushing two required updates less than a week apart, even if survival of the coin is at stake.

Besides, removing the RPC calls for difficulty can be circumvented by recalculating it from target via getwork. It sure would buy us some time, but in the nothing, it's nothing that can't circumvented unless we prevent people from mining too. An alternative would be blind mining, where miners don't actually know their target, but then, they'd have to push every single hash to the clients, which would translate to hell on the network...

So in the end, I think diplomacy is the only way to go with this one.

Edit : well diplomacy has worked Smiley we're delisted until block 25020. Thanks to CoinWarz for their comprehension...
legendary
I see your point, i'll deffer to your judgement, i'll try find  out who the owner is.
Yup, exactly. Was supposed to take ~7-8 days from the moment the changes were pushed to Github, but those estimations did not account for CoinWarz listing us...

And you're right, it's crazy to list a coin with an average ~12Mhps when you know that's bring in 100 to 200 Mhps.

Anyone know the owner of CoinWarz ?
Activity: 238
let's ride it out, i know there's quite a few blocks until the new algo kicks in but i think we should play it safe and wait our time. I know we'll suffer till then, but once the algo starts, we'll see exponential growth and profit, i've desisted from pumping Noirbits on cryptsy since dumpers were ruining the hype.

Not gonna be easy with CoinWarz listing NRB... as soon as diff drops, we got massive hashrate kicking in causing a massive difficulty spike... I mean we're at 2,8 right now.

I've even started thinking we should just remove the difficulty calls, so coin listers can't compare profitability... Wink

I would ask them to kindly remove it from the list as those sites are making it a nightmare for new coins. They should not list any coin that has under 100 Mhs of network throughput.

All that is happening is we are ending up with loads of coins that are going nowhere and some like yours that are well supported and deserve better!

We still need to solve 2700 blocks till your changes kick in?
let's ride it out, i know there's quite a few blocks until the new algo kicks in but i think we should play it safe and wait our time. I know we'll suffer till then, but once the algo starts, we'll see exponential growth and profit, i've desisted from pumping Noirbits on cryptsy since dumpers were ruining the hype.

Not gonna be easy with CoinWarz listing NRB... as soon as diff drops, we got massive hashrate kicking in causing a massive difficulty spike... I mean we're at 2,8 right now.

I've even started thinking we should just remove the difficulty calls, so coin listers can't compare profitability... Wink
legendary
Well, we're listed on CoinWarz now... explaining why the coin is getting raped as soon as diff. drops.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
oy!! i updated already guys,  Sad  

PS. Unless this is temporary (or someone pumping up), looks like the update is boosting confidence in NRB, prices are slowly climbing on Cryptsy \o/

It might be because it's harder to mine (no easy stuff for miners now).

oy!! i updated already guys,  Sad  

Yeah, sorry, I think I posted like a few minutes before you updated... I'm probably gonna push some minor changes tonight, the getnetworkhashps rpc call needs a little tweaking  :

* It does not take into account difficulty changes -- currently, it only looks at the time it took to find N blocks, and applies the hashrate formula using current difficulty (hashrate = D * 2^32 / t, where D is difficulty, and t the average time per block in the considered sample).

* Hashrates are therefore only (about) accurate when you specify N = blocks since last retarget (pass in -1 to have Noirbitsd calculate it for you). But even then, when new diff. algo kicks in, the calculation will be even less accurate since it does not currently account for the 4 hour retarget rule.

I was thinking of implementing the change using the following algorithm (if my description is not clear enough, I can provide pseudo-code) :

* Iterate the last N blocks - Everytime a difficulty change is found, define a subset whose boundaries are the first and last block found in the same target span.
* For each subset found, calculate the hashrate using the standard hashrate formula, and weigh it with the number of blocks considered to calculate the hashrate.
* Return the average of all hashrates.

What do you think ?

PS. Unless this is temporary (or someone pumping up), looks like the update is boosting confidence in NRB, prices are slowly climbing on Cryptsy \o/
nrb.coinmine.pl report - two days ago we had a serious DDOS attack. Right now everything is back to normal. I am updating daemon and will notify when done.
It's back up accepting work, but it seems like it's still not updating. I moved my miner 12 hours ago, and the hash rate is still showing up in the coinmine list. You might need to restart a cron job.

Also, What's up with the DDOS attacks. I can't really figure that out. Don't people have better stuff to do.
legendary
oy!! i updated already guys,  Sad 
legendary
Activity: 1197
daemon updated
legendary
Activity: 1197
nrb.coinmine.pl report - two days ago we had a serious DDOS attack. Right now everything is back to normal. I am updating daemon and will notify when done.
Please update the first post with the "new windows compiled version". (Found the link above, but all links should first go to the first post, where we all look, and all new people download from.

Thank-you,
JasonD

Compiled versions can also be found on Noirbits.org.

Unfortunately, only barwizi can edit that post... so until he shows up, no can do.
New client pushed to the official Github, please get it and upgrade before block 25020 !

It fixes the difficulty algorithm starting at block 25020 with the following rules :

* New retarget interval : 30 blocks, ~1hour.
* Difficulty changes capped at 80%
* Removal of the 4 previous retarget lookup to adjust difficulty
* Difficulty dropped to 80% max. if no retarget occurs within 4 hours.
Did we add a hard floor to the difficulty?

Nope, not as of now. Well there is one, but it's really low...
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Please update the first post with the "new windows compiled version". (Found the link above, but all links should first go to the first post, where we all look, and all new people download from.

Thank-you,
JasonD

Compiled versions can also be found on Noirbits.org.
New client pushed to the official Github, please get it and upgrade before block 25020 !

It fixes the difficulty algorithm starting at block 25020 with the following rules :

* New retarget interval : 30 blocks, ~1hour.
* Difficulty changes capped at 80%
* Removal of the 4 previous retarget lookup to adjust difficulty
* Difficulty dropped to 80% max. if no retarget occurs within 4 hours.
Did we add a hard floor to the difficulty?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Thank-you,
JasonD
Pages:
Jump to: