Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!! - page 6. (Read 74427 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I not ask in first time. I was not register when find Noirbits. So I need to create account and and do few stupid posts before I can ask what I want, it's realy suck and not necessary system, that I can't understand why force people to start with spam in this forum. But I just do what wanted from me, what other I can do? Anyway...

I respect all when try to build any. But not respect discrimination, it's all.

And again, sorry if I miss by my mistake, but 35-37 page for first time 100% not my mistake. You need to have windows client or ready for burn and use linux bootable from first page. So, who want, to can try. Right?

There is no problem to work with your own operating system, as long as you allow the absolutely everyone from the outset to have access.

P.S. What your reason to call me troll?! I like few coins, I like your, too. It's just a little constructive critique. For now I have negative posts only for XPM and I have my reasons for this. But if you just have problem with my poor english and it's only reason, can I call trolls all that not know perfect my lenguage and I just can't understand what they want to say?
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Don't pay attention to these people. I am a developer, and I know everything takes several times long than you though. I Also know that the value of the coin in its early days is essentially 100% the devs.

I appreciate your efforts, and am supporting on Cryptsy. Nicely up at the moment too  Grin

we try our best, we are lucky that our community has people like stbgefltc, and TheRick. 
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
Don't pay attention to these people. I am a developer, and I know everything takes several times long than you though. I Also know that the value of the coin in its early days is essentially 100% the devs.

I appreciate your efforts, and am supporting on Cryptsy. Nicely up at the moment too  Grin
Activity: 333
Merit: 250
"Raven's Cry"
guys relax, and just stop responding to him.
did you see his post history? he is just another troll. forget him he doesnt even exist.
Activity: 154
Lol... natural selection will do its work Smiley
legendary
Now you have just a suck link with wrong name and it is not hightlighted, ofc after I'm bored from searching in 40 pages, to not see it when you add in first post wrong link, but OK, it's more from nothing. Better add hightlighted link with noirbits-qt description. But big red is good too : ]

One last thing that struck me re-reading your post. You say you are bored from searching 40 pages of forum. So basically, what you're saying is, "do all the work, feed me everything so I can make profit from your work with the least effort possible".

If everyone behaved like you, there'd be no coins at all. So grow up and show some respect for other people's work, no matter how imperfect it is. Or go ahead and build your own coin, and have it the way you like it.

Please stbgefltc don't encourage another shitstorm of fails, he seems dubious enough to try it. Have you seen the vlad2vlad fiasco?
Now you have just a suck link with wrong name and it is not hightlighted, ofc after I'm bored from searching in 40 pages, to not see it when you add in first post wrong link, but OK, it's more from nothing. Better add hightlighted link with noirbits-qt description. But big red is good too : ]

One last thing that struck me re-reading your post. You say you are bored from searching 40 pages of forum. So basically, what you're saying is, "do all the work, feed me everything so I can make profit from your work with the least effort possible".

If everyone behaved like you, there'd be no coins at all. So grow up and show some respect for other people's work, no matter how imperfect it is. Or go ahead and build your own coin, and have it the way you like it.
No problem, but I can guarantee that the link was there before you started saying it was not.

I know I posted the link for the new version around page 3537 or something, and there was a link for the previous version also...
OK, maybe it's my fault... But I'm 100% sure coz first time when I read first post, than this link was not. I read next few pages and see the people cry for windows client, but nothing... Than I just chek all pages and search for "noirbits" and again nothing... After you said www.noirbits.com I chek again with search and nothing... So still have not THE SITE in first post.

P.S. Not all born in USA or UK, not so easy for me to read 34562346526534 posts with shits... So you need to make it visible from first time! Else call it USA/linux only coin... And don't be ungry, I just try to help. Thanks for patience and understanding.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3
And what now, 40 pages still not have windows client. WTH?!

www.noirbits.com .... just saying...

Ok, but fix the button, coz not work now...

I just warned the webmaster. Link is available in the first post of the thread also.

Ok, the button work right now, but YOU STILL HAVE NOT link in first post and in next 40 pages, too... Better fix it.

P.S. When I was ready to change BTC with Noirbits, than you had not any client, so I maybe never change it. Think for this Smiley

I R INSULT YOU WIT MUH ENGRISH HEYUK!
And what now, 40 pages still not have windows client. WTH?!

www.noirbits.com .... just saying...

Ok, but fix the button, coz not work now...

I just warned the webmaster. Link is available in the first post of the thread also.

Ok, the button work right now, but YOU STILL HAVE NOT link in first post and in next 40 pages, too... Better fix it.

P.S. When I was ready to change BTC with Noirbits, than you had not any client, so I maybe never change it. Think for this Smiley
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Where are the updated windows files?

The link on the original first-post is to an older source than the one I have?

The link I had (I assume burried in one of the non-first posts), gave me a compiled version with 7/9/2013 "modified" dates. The link on the first page gives files that are "modified" on 6/18/2013... thus, older than what I have.

Tell your coder to check his computers time, if he is compiling with an older date than reality, or update the original link on the first post so we don't have to dig to find a program that works. Unless your target is just a minority of poor coders using free OS's, and not the majority of actual people with money using Windows. (Just some food for thought. Not insulting coders, or people not willing to pay for an OS. They have their reasons, I am sure. But they are NOT going to be the primary funding of a coin. If there was anything you should have learned from BTC, it is that internal support of a poor coder leaves you trading pennies, not dollars, for years, and poor structure with "making your program available", essentially kills coins. Just look at mincoin, chncoin, ezcoin, sexcoin, hypercoin, luckycoin, powercoin and anoncoin... You don't want to follow in footsteps that lead you to an open grave.)

Not sure what you mean. The link in the first post points to a RAR archive containing the latest version. The DLL's are from 6/18/2013, but who cares, they're just dependencies supporting the program. The main .exe file in the archive is stamped on 7/9/2013. I double checked this.

On a side note, I am the coder. I don't get paid for this (I mine Noirbits like everyone else, and there was no premine...). I do it on my free time. This is a community coin. Anyone willing to help is welcome. Lots of people giving lessons, but not that many actually helping out....

Quite funny how most users consider they shouldn't have too do any work, and the coders should do everything. This is not paid software. Now, if you do decide to pay me, I can get more professional, but line up the cash, because I already have a full-time job coding.

Please do not take advantage of his efforts, he really has done a lot. Personally m disgusted by those who only complain but can't add anything to the project. I said BE RESPECTFUL , ask nicely when you have issues. attacking him or me may have unexpected results. We have full time jobs already but we are here building this WITH NO PAY. show some decency.

I'll second how much he has done. I reviewed the code, and gave him some comments, and he took them and did all of them. From what I could see, not only did we make a hugely beneficial change for the coin, but he also factored the code so that future changes to the algorithm are really easy to make, and really obvious to review and see whether they work. At this point, from what I can see, the coin seems to be working well. There's a few minor tweaks which can improve it, which is what were talking about now, no where near the serious situation we have before the algo update. This is a community coin, so everyone is welcome to suggest improvements, and the community will discuss and improve them.

I'm not quite sure what the problem is that started this thread. I downloaded the new client, and had no problems with it, and nothing looked wrong with the dates. By all means if there is an issue, everyone is willing to fix it. Maybe we are missing something. Please post the exact links to the files which have the problem so that we can get to the bottom of this.

Oatmo
legendary

The link I had (I assume burried in one of the non-first posts), gave me a compiled version with 7/9/2013 "modified" dates. The link on the first page gives files that are "modified" on 6/18/2013... thus, older than what I have.

Tell your coder to check his computers time, if he is compiling with an older date than reality, or update the original link on the first post so we don't have to dig to find a program that works. Unless your target is just a minority of poor coders using free OS's, and not the majority of actual people with money using Windows. (Just some food for thought. Not insulting coders, or people not willing to pay for an OS. They have their reasons, I am sure. But they are NOT going to be the primary funding of a coin. If there was anything you should have learned from BTC, it is that internal support of a poor coder leaves you trading pennies, not dollars, for years, and poor structure with "making your program available", essentially kills coins. Just look at mincoin, chncoin, ezcoin, sexcoin, hypercoin, luckycoin, powercoin and anoncoin... You don't want to follow in footsteps that lead you to an open grave.)

Not sure what you mean. The link in the first post points to a RAR archive containing the latest version. The DLL's are from 6/18/2013, but who cares, they're just dependencies supporting the program. The main .exe file in the archive is stamped on 7/9/2013. I double checked this.

On a side note, I am the coder. I don't get paid for this (I mine Noirbits like everyone else, and there was no premine...). I do it on my free time. This is a community coin. Anyone willing to help is welcome. Lots of people giving lessons, but not that many actually helping out....

Quite funny how most users consider they shouldn't have too do any work, and the coders should do everything. This is not paid software. Now, if you do decide to pay me, I can get more professional, but line up the cash, because I already have a full-time job coding.

Please do not take advantage of his efforts, he really has done a lot. Personally m disgusted by those who only complain but can't add anything to the project. I said BE RESPECTFUL , ask nicely when you have issues. attacking him or me may have unexpected results. We have full time jobs already but we are here building this WITH NO PAY. show some decency.
Activity: 333
"Raven's Cry"

Just........ that...

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Original fees would not be refunded... and return transaction will have fees charged accordingly to its size. Not charging fees on the return transaction would mean miners could opt it out... Who gets charged those (Mark, by having the fees deduced from the refund, or John, by having him pay the transaction fees on his own coins) is yet to be determined.

It's feasible to implement both solutions. I think that banks charge whoever requested the operation the fees, I do need to get confirmation from a banker though. Well, I know for sure that when a sender asks his bank to reverse a transaction, the sender gets charged, that's how my bank does it. Not too sure for other banks though.

It could be a good compromise to be able to set who pays them (deduce from returned amount, or charge extra fees) depending on the situation.

It's a more of a commodity feature, nothing too fancy.

Also, on a side note, for those compiling from source, walletnotify and alertnotify triggers were implemented (using Bitcoins' implementation), and are available on the master branch in Github.
Activity: 364
Adjusting the retarget algorithm to make the coin resilient to hashrate spikes, see oatmo's post above.

Possibly transaction refunds... and one or two other goodies, but there'll be more info soon.

'transaction refunds' as in reversing transactions?

No, as in creating a new transaction returning funds. John sends Marks X coins in transaction A. For whatever reason, John and Mark agree to a refund. Mark creates a refund transaction B (John can NOT reverse the transaction, only Mark can decide to refund) using the X coins he received in transaction A, assuming he has not spent them, or other unspent coins Mark owns. It will in no way change the original transaction, and only the receiver of funds (Mark) can initiate it. John can only ask Mark to do it, with no guarantee Mark will.

Okay, I see.  And the significance of this, other than being able to single out specific coins from a past transaction, is the refund will not charge network fees?  But the original transaction fees (charged to John, in your example) are not refunded?

Adjusting the retarget algorithm to make the coin resilient to hashrate spikes, see oatmo's post above.

Possibly transaction refunds... and one or two other goodies, but there'll be more info soon.

'transaction refunds' as in reversing transactions?

No, as in creating a new transaction returning funds. John sends Marks X coins in transaction A. For whatever reason, John and Mark agree to a refund. Mark creates a refund transaction B (John can NOT reverse the transaction, only Mark can decide to refund) using the X coins he received in transaction A, assuming he has not spent them, or other unspent coins Mark owns. It will in no way change the original transaction, and only the receiver of funds (Mark) can initiate it. John can only ask Mark to do it, with no guarantee Mark will.
Pages:
Jump to: