Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Noirbits Update required Improved algos !!!! - page 8. (Read 74427 times)

legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
""You were asking about banking legislation in South Africa the other day. You do not need to get anything from us. You can download it yourself. Just ask for "the banking act of South Africa" and you will get a pdf version of the act. There are amendments being mooted and when they are in place I will advise you so that you also take these into account.

On an aside, can you highlight which other countries you may wish to operate in? We would like to see if our Banking laws do not conflict. ""

That is a direct quote from An employee with the S.A Central Bank. I am hoping this bodes well for Noirbank.

Hmm.  I'm trying to picture Johannesburg as the cryptocoin capital of the world... 

My applications have been to multiple countries of various regions but the quickest responses have been from African nations, that makes three now vs zero from the rest of the world. In the end it may benefit me to use these countries, their laws are less strict and allow more flexibility with regards to registration of foreign owned enterprises.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
""You were asking about banking legislation in South Africa the other day. You do not need to get anything from us. You can download it yourself. Just ask for "the banking act of South Africa" and you will get a pdf version of the act. There are amendments being mooted and when they are in place I will advise you so that you also take these into account.

On an aside, can you highlight which other countries you may wish to operate in? We would like to see if our Banking laws do not conflict. ""

That is a direct quote from An employee with the S.A Central Bank. I am hoping this bodes well for Noirbank.

Hmm.  I'm trying to picture Johannesburg as the cryptocoin capital of the world... 
legendary

legendary
i'll be home soon. however, dont trust coinchoose for now

Manually updated but will delist shortly as well (until block explorer is fixed).  Who owns http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits/ ?

diatonic made it, i sent him a pm
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Manually updated but will delist shortly as well (until block explorer is fixed).  Who owns http://nrb.webboise.com/chain/Noirbits/ ?

If I knew... no reference on the website...
Activity: 490
Merit: 500

legendary
Erf... can't compile 'till I'm off work. If anyone can do it...
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
There's no daemon file in the current Windows binaries package, only the Qt executable. I tried downloading from noirbits.org and from the Mega link. Here's the file list:

libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
libstdc++-6.dll
mingwm10.dll
Noirbits-qt.exe
qrc_bitcoin.cpp
QtCore4.dll
QtGui4.dll
QtNetwork4.dll

Allright ! Less than 1K blocks before new difficulty rules !

And it's there ! Everything seems to be going fine, I'll keep monitoring... But the block explorer apparently did not update his client :s Neither did CoinChoose...
Allright ! Less than 1K blocks before new difficulty rules !
How did we finally end up calculating the difficulty change when we hit the 4 hour forced update? Is it since the last difficulty change, or is it over the last 30 blocks?

Oatmo

Last 30 blocks...
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
How did we finally end up calculating the difficulty change when we hit the 4 hour forced update? Is it since the last difficulty change, or is it over the last 30 blocks?

Oatmo
OK, i have begun bugging some old promise makers to get a few games going and a auto lotto running.
Wish I had time to finish mine now, but I've got a more pressing project to do first.
Well only way I found to contact him is via Twitter, sent him a tweet, we'll see if he responds...

Concerning difficulty, I'm not too sure. It would punish legitimate users also... and we would have to impose an upgrade to users through a protocol version increment. I'm not too fond of pushing two required updates less than a week apart, even if survival of the coin is at stake.

Besides, removing the RPC calls for difficulty can be circumvented by recalculating it from target via getwork. It sure would buy us some time, but in the nothing, it's nothing that can't circumvented unless we prevent people from mining too. An alternative would be blind mining, where miners don't actually know their target, but then, they'd have to push every single hash to the clients, which would translate to hell on the network...

So in the end, I think diplomacy is the only way to go with this one.

Edit : well diplomacy has worked Smiley we're delisted until block 25020. Thanks to CoinWarz for their comprehension...
Great. Glad to see that community is so understanding. Nice to have a situation where a reasonable request gets a reasonable answer.
legendary
I usually mine in just my boxer shorts

Isn't that the only way to mine?  Wink

Birds of a feather
Activity: 129

Isn't that the only way to mine?  Wink
Activity: 238
Guilty as charged.

I always mine solo it is insanely gratifying for some reason!

Ill be able to fully crank my rig up now the temperature here has dropped.

10kwh in an 8m2  room without aircon has its challenges!

That's great news man! I have been hashing away trying to get the block count up

That's you solo mining ? I was wondering were all those hashes were coming from on the network...
Activity: 238
Well only way I found to contact him is via Twitter, sent him a tweet, we'll see if he responds...

Concerning difficulty, I'm not too sure. It would punish legitimate users also... and we would have to impose an upgrade to users through a protocol version increment. I'm not too fond of pushing two required updates less than a week apart, even if survival of the coin is at stake.

Besides, removing the RPC calls for difficulty can be circumvented by recalculating it from target via getwork. It sure would buy us some time, but in the nothing, it's nothing that can't circumvented unless we prevent people from mining too. An alternative would be blind mining, where miners don't actually know their target, but then, they'd have to push every single hash to the clients, which would translate to hell on the network...

So in the end, I think diplomacy is the only way to go with this one.

Edit : well diplomacy has worked Smiley we're delisted until block 25020. Thanks to CoinWarz for their comprehension...

That's great news man! I have been hashing away trying to get the block count up

Pages:
Jump to: