Author

Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin - page 122. (Read 383819 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
November 18, 2013, 10:41:13 AM
I'd like to repeat that we need more bootstrapping servers. Anyone willing to help? U could just provide hosting, I'll do the rest.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 06:47:37 AM
Any response to my testcoin idea?

No. My ability to talk to him is quite limited. AFAIK he tries to follow the initial plan as close as possible. (I don't understand why he stopped fund raising though, after the decentralized exchange client is ready he would get much more than those 21 BTC...)
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
November 18, 2013, 06:43:12 AM
I'm going to create Nxt Faucet. What is the best way for distribution? Small fixed amounts or some percentage of available funds, maybe some other approach?

percentage

Any response to my testcoin idea?
legendary
November 18, 2013, 06:34:26 AM
I'm going to create Nxt Faucet. What is the best way for distribution? Small fixed amounts or some percentage of available funds, maybe some other approach?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
November 18, 2013, 06:18:18 AM
I guess you should add - from the same address...
legendary
November 18, 2013, 06:16:37 AM
Not all deposits have a hash attached. For those who forgot to do so here is how to fix the problem:

1. Log into ur BlockChain Wallet.
2. Send 1 satoshi (or what is the lowest possible amount?) to 1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a with the hash. From the same address!
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
November 18, 2013, 04:48:53 AM
that was my btc, thanks for letting it stay. I really want to contribute to a nonmined coin and would like to see it work out.

Also, It would be wise to possbily release this current NXT genesis block as a test NXT, 104 transactions is hardly enough notice for NXT and once the test coins are shown to be useful, then you can open up an address that permantly destroys your btc for some stake of NXT, with early users from the 21 BTC group getting a bonus or something.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 04:42:57 AM
1) the main dev (BCNext) no longer posts directly to this thread but you purport to communicate with him and speak for him about the project, something we can't confirm,

Yes.

2) the deadline for contributing BTC to acquire Nxt, which was originally described as being open until the genesis block was approved by the community sometimes at least a month from now, is now suddenly declared over with no advance warning;

Yes. He is working on genesis block now that why deposits r not accepted.

3) the BTC that were already sent to acquire Nxt, which the main dev (BCNext) promised earlier in this thread not to touch until the genesis block was generated, have now been moved.

Yes. The bitcoins weren't touched to avoid accusations that he reuses them to increase his own Nxt stake. Now, when deposits r not accepted there is no sense to keep them untouched.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
black swan hunter
November 18, 2013, 04:36:36 AM
Thanks for saving me the time reading pages 2-24 of this topic.
Activity: 287
November 18, 2013, 04:19:24 AM
Can we still join in between now and January 3? I haven't really seen any clear definition of a deadline.

I'm waiting for the answer. BCNext reads this thread.

Some changes in the plan:

1. Fundraising is over. That last 1 BTC, sent after the 2nd marking transaction, will be accepted but no more deposits should be made.
2. Nxt will be launched earlier than on the 3rd of January, right after the final test.
3. New Nxt users r supposed to be attracted by selling NXT and distributing via Nxt Faucet.
4. Messaging feature will be released later to avoid situation when somebody attempts to bloat the blockchain making it too huge for newcomers.

BTW we need one more bootstrapping server, coz 2 servers is not enough.
So, if I understand this correctly:

1) the main dev (BCNext) no longer posts directly to this thread but you purport to communicate with him and speak for him about the project, something we can't confirm,
2) the deadline for contributing BTC to acquire Nxt, which was originally described as being open until the genesis block was approved by the community sometimes at least a month from now, is now suddenly declared over with no advance warning; and
3) the BTC that were already sent to acquire Nxt, which the main dev (BCNext) promised earlier in this thread not to touch until the genesis block was generated, have now been moved.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 04:00:16 AM
We, as Nxt community, should think about PR. One of the main points of this PR should be the decentralized exchange embedded into the client.
Yesteday an idea came to my mind. The exchange lets to create gateways for any currency (similar to Ripple). For example, I can issue 1000 tokens and say that each token represents 0.001 BTC. Then I sell them and let other users to trade the token between each other. At any moment anyone can send some tokens back to me and I send him BTC.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 03:51:27 AM
Can we still join in between now and January 3? I haven't really seen any clear definition of a deadline.

Some changes in the plan:

1. Fundraising is over. That last 1 BTC, sent after the 2nd marking transaction, will be accepted but no more deposits should be made.
2. Nxt will be launched earlier than on the 3rd of January, right after the final test.
3. New Nxt users r supposed to be attracted by selling NXT and distributing via Nxt Faucet.
4. Messaging feature will be released later to avoid situation when somebody attempts to bloat the blockchain making it too huge for newcomers.

BTW we need one more bootstrapping server, coz 2 servers is not enough.
legendary
November 18, 2013, 02:53:05 AM

black swan hunter
November 18, 2013, 02:51:09 AM
legendary
November 18, 2013, 02:26:28 AM
Quote from: BCNext
I have made a transaction from the transfer address to 19WXPgygiZk2YsrTU9U1nQfLd7oepTuCLc. 
Check https://blockchain.info/address/19WXPgygiZk2YsrTU9U1nQfLd7oepTuCLc to make sure I do not move the coins until the genesis block is approved.

- yesterday the coins have been moved:
Quote from: blockchain.info
Final Balance 0 BTC

Aye. He moved the coins. I think it means the raising of funds is over and we r close to the finish.
Activity: 505
Merit: 512
El sueño de la razón produce monstruos
November 18, 2013, 02:19:18 AM
Quote from: BCNext
I have made a transaction from the transfer address to 19WXPgygiZk2YsrTU9U1nQfLd7oepTuCLc. 
Check https://blockchain.info/address/19WXPgygiZk2YsrTU9U1nQfLd7oepTuCLc to make sure I do not move the coins until the genesis block is approved.

- yesterday the coins have been moved:
Quote from: blockchain.info
Final Balance 0 BTC
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
November 18, 2013, 12:15:15 AM
If Nxt come true and get popularized, it would be a much bigger event than mastercoin in the scene of crypto-currencies (along with eMuine)!
Don't take me wrong, besides some rational critiques I respect mastercoin project as well, but secure POS models are the future way to go and lean on.
The main and only problem of Nxt project is the lack of any PR at all, the main developer resides and works in the shadow Sad
Activity: 252
November 17, 2013, 11:51:35 PM
When is the deadline for sending in the donation and hash for nxt?

5th Birthday of Bitcoin!
Nxt will be released on the 3rd of January, 2014.  That day will be a day when we make one more step to truly decentralized Internet.

Thanks! Glad to see you over here on the Nxt thread, appreciate your escrow services on mastercoin.
Birds of the same feather flock together Smiley
Lets wait for the Next big thing!
black swan hunter
November 17, 2013, 10:09:42 PM

5th Birthday of Bitcoin!
Nxt will be released on the 3rd of January, 2014.  That day will be a day when we make one more step to truly decentralized Internet.

Thanks! Glad to see you over here on the Nxt thread, appreciate your escrow services on mastercoin.
Activity: 252
November 17, 2013, 08:23:18 PM

5th Birthday of Bitcoin!
Nxt will be released on the 3rd of January, 2014.  That day will be a day when we make one more step to truly decentralized Internet.

Jump to: