Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 68. (Read 282664 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252
v0.3.3 released. This release fixes entropy bit calculation problem, which was discovered yesterday.

Sources: https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin/
Binary builds: https://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/

You need to update your nodes as soon as possible, otherwise you risk to be affected by blockchain fork which will happen soon (deadline is approximately ~30.03.2013) for unfixed clients.

P.S. Thanks to SunnyKing for help with investigating this issue.  Smiley

Thanks to both Sunny and Balthazar for the quick warning and fix Smiley
We are re-downloading the blockchain now with the newest client.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
Blockchain snapshot from windows client was published at sourceforge.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
looks like it's working, what a quirky wallet.
legendary
That worked! except now it says info: minting suspended due to locked wallet? Will it be able to accept payments? Thanks for the help.
Yes, you are able to process payments.
That worked! except now it says info: minting suspended due to locked wallet? Will it be able to accept payments? Thanks for the help.
legendary
Warning is still up?

I sent 1 nvc to that address as a test and it didn't show up. any ideas?
If it was unconfirmed transaction, try to force unconfirmed transactions re-broadcasting:

Code:
novacoind resendtx

I think that it will appear soon, but we can check it. Can you publish the txid?

If it's confirmed transaction, it will appear during block chain sync.
I just deleted the block file and I'm trying to download again. Maybe My payment will show up then?
legendary
Is it possible to generate stake while having the wallet encrypted? (using QT client) I found that with PPC I was never able to do so as it said stake couldn't be generated due to a locked wallet...
Stake generation is impossible while your wallet is locked.
I sent 1 nvc to that address as a test and it didn't show up. any ideas? Warning is still up?
legendary
I have the latest version of the wallet and it says warning checkpoint too old. wait for block to download, or notify dev.... and it's doing nothing. What am I doing wrong?

It's just information message, you can ignore it. Anyway, it should disappear now.
Activity: 425
Merit: 262
I have the latest version of the wallet and it says warning checkpoint too old. wait for block to download, or notify dev.... and it's doing nothing. What am I doing wrong?

I think check point old is not a big issue, I also have this warning but it works fine.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Is it possible to generate stake while having the wallet encrypted? (using QT client) I found that with PPC I was never able to do so as it said stake couldn't be generated due to a locked wallet...
Balthazar, I can't connect to p2p peers anymore, is there any changes to the network?
By the p2p you mean p2pool? If that guess is correct I can answer "no". Because the last commit into p2pool tree was 8 days ago. Roll Eyes

P.S. tried to start p2pool with 0.3.3, it works fine.  Cool

P2Pool: 0 shares in chain (0 verified/0 total) Peers: 0 (0 incoming)
Local: 0H/s in last 0.0 seconds Local dead on arrival: Huh Expected time to share: Huh

I don't know what's wrong with it, the startup is fine with no errors but there're no peers are connectable?
Are the 9777 & 6667 ports accessible for outcoming connections? That's required for p2pool.

My case (I'm behind the NAT):

2013-03-27 03:53:33.839000 P2Pool: 5769 shares in chain (2923 verified/5769 total) Peers: 6 (0 incoming)

I think yes, I've used following cmd to turn off iptables:
iptables -F
iptables -X
iptables -t nat -F
iptables -t nat -X
iptables -t mangle -F
iptables -t mangle -X
iptables -P INPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
iptables -P FORWARD ACCEPT

it works last week, this week I found I can't connect to external peers.

The following ports are opened, after I run p2pool:

Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:22              0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:8344          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:25            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7777            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:8336            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp        0      0 0.0.0.0:9777            0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 :::22                   :::*                    LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 :::111                  :::*                    LISTEN
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:43218           0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:111             0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:750             0.0.0.0:*
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:5353            0.0.0.0:*
udp6       0      0 :::111                  :::*
udp6       0      0 :::750                  :::*

It seems that there's no 6667 port, how it is opened?
legendary
Balthazar, I can't connect to p2p peers anymore, is there any changes to the network?
By the p2p you mean p2pool? If that guess is correct I can answer "no". Because the last commit into p2pool tree was 8 days ago. Roll Eyes

Local: 0H/s in last 0.0 seconds Local dead on arrival: Huh Expected time to share: Huh

I don't know what's wrong with it, the startup is fine with no errors but there're no peers are connectable?
Are the 9777 & 6667 ports accessible for outcoming connections? That's required for p2pool.

My case (I'm behind the NAT):

2013-03-27 03:53:33.839000 P2Pool: 5769 shares in chain (2923 verified/5769 total) Peers: 6 (0 incoming)

// I'll back few hours later.

BTW, I also notice that the p2pool running behind the route always has 0 incoming connections, does the upnp work?
legendary

P.S. tried to start p2pool with 0.3.3, it works fine.  Cool
legendary
I changed blkindex format, so users are forced to re-download blockchain before new client will be able to function. Roll Eyes

P.S. Sent alert, it will affect 60002 and 60003.
legendary
Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010
v0.3.3 released. This release fixes entropy bit calculation problem, which was discovered yesterday.

Sources: https://github.com/CryptoManiac/novacoin/
Binary builds: https://sourceforge.net/projects/novacoin/files/

You need to update your nodes as soon as possible, otherwise you risk to be affected by blockchain fork which will happen soon (deadline is approximately ~30.03.2013) for unfixed clients.

P.S. Thanks to SunnyKing for help with investigating this issue.  Smiley

You are welcome Balthazar.

Please note block chain re-download is required for this upgrade to function properly.

ppcoin is not affected by this issue which is introduced by p2pool support for novacoin.
Pages:
Jump to: