Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] official NovaCoin thread - the original PoS+scrypt coin. --POOL LIST-- - page 65. (Read 282664 times)

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
novacoin wallet will not open, says there is a c++ error...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1756315

You should remove blkindex.dat and blk0001.dat before starting new client, otherwise you will get assert exception.

P.S. attached readme file to binaries download page.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future
novacoin wallet will not open, says there is a c++ error...
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
I have 12 Mh/s and was trying to decide about solomining or not.

I'm pretty sure that you would be better off mining at p2pool. I've noticed that even miners with huge hashrates tend to use pools. They wouldn't do that if solomining were more profitable.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
Anyone mining NVC at nvc.khore.org? If so, what is your invalid percentage? I just started tonight. Seems stable enough, but my invalid percentage is ~8%. When mining LTC at ozcoin using the same setup, cgminer flags, etc I had less than 1% invalids. Thoughts?

Also, is there a dedicated thread for nvc.khore.org? I searched and did not find anything.
Activity: 309
How do I figure out how long the average block generation time should be?  I have 12 Mh/s and was trying to decide about solomining or not.
So those shares reported by the miner are not directly the shares you are paid for, atleast they don't seem to add to the "Current payout" in regular basis?

Correct.

I see the P2Pool program is reporting "Expected time to share", is this what increases the "Current payout" once I get the share from P2Pool?

Yes, that's it.
Activity: 277
talking with a friend about p2pool and do we have to wait P2Pool: 5781 shares in chain (3671 verified/5781 total) to be complet before start cgminer?
Activity: 280
Oh, this is slightly more complex than I first thought. I must have had some intense lucky strike earlier because of the continues incoming spam on my wallet. So those shares reported by the miner are not directly the shares you are paid for, atleast they don't seem to add to the "Current payout" in regular basis?

I see the P2Pool program is reporting "Expected time to share", is this what increases the "Current payout" once I get the share from P2Pool?

Shares in two places, hard to know what is what  Huh
I only have ~2000 kH/s pointed here and it is literally flooding accepted shares in. Can the difference of finding shares be that big with such a "small" difference in hashrate?

I wonder if we are talking about the same shares? I mean the ones within the p2pool network, not those that are reported by cgminer or reaper.
I must ask, what kind of hashrate do you have if there is no shares coming in?

About 1000 kH/s. Currently it should take about an hour to find a share. I found a few shares since I wrote that but yesterday it took only 15 minutes or so to find one. Mining is profitable right now and it is very tempting to build some more rigs but electricity is expensive here and it might not be profitable for very long.

I only have ~2000 kH/s pointed here and it is literally flooding accepted shares in. Can the difference of finding shares be that big with such a "small" difference in hashrate?

I don't think splitting up the p2pool will only be a positive thing, wouldn't it bring some drawbacks too?
It will allow users with small hashrate to join another newly grown network with lower shares difficulty. I think that it's safe enough to try. Smiley

Do I understand correctly that if the difficulty of P2Pool shares is high enough people don't have a change to find a share with too low hashrate? If so, is there any way to know what would be the lowest working hashrate for a given P2Pool shares difficulty?

About 1000 kH/s. Currently it should take about an hour to find a share. I found a few shares since I wrote that but yesterday it took only 15 minutes or so to find one. Mining is profitable right now and it is very tempting to build some more rigs but electricity is expensive here and it might not be profitable for very long.
legendary
Hmmm...

I try to use but qt-client crash many times...

So P2Pool lost conection, than mining are useless...

There is a fix? I using Windows 7 and Windows 2003 Server.
We trying to debug it now.
legendary
I don't think splitting up the p2pool will only be a positive thing, wouldn't it bring some drawbacks too?
It will allow users with small hashrate to join another newly grown network with lower shares difficulty. I think that it's safe enough to try. Smiley
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Hmmm...

I try to use but qt-client crash many times...

So P2Pool lost conection, than mining are useless...

There is a fix? I using Windows 7 and Windows 2003 Server.
As temporary solution we can split nvc p2pool by launching more networks, one or two in addition to current. I'll start two additional p2pool networks tomorrow, I think.

Please do, this seems like a good idea. Mining on p2pool was fun until yesterday. Today, not so much. I haven't found a share for hours!

As temporary solution we can split nvc p2pool by launching more networks, one or two in addition to current. I'll start two additional p2pool networks tomorrow, I think.

Please do, this seems like a good idea. Mining on p2pool was fun until yesterday. Today, not so much. I haven't found a share for hours!
legendary
Is possible to add support to set NVC address on P2Pool?
It will be implemented in the next release, but with limitation - user will be able to specify only his own addresses.

Why the Pools have closed?
The nvcpool.ru closed because one member of pool staff, FigaBos (also known as Mutabor and barbos735 on other forums, also known as admin of dead LTC scampool http://pool.ltcfan.ru) scammed becool and miners for 1600 NVC and disappeared from online. He stolen and sold this coins approximately week ago. So, now becool paying rewards from his own pocket. Angry

P.S. I'm happy to report that we found his personal details, and maybe we will ​​visit him soon, with heavy objects.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Is possible to add support to set NVC address on P2Pool?

Sometimes I like to up more than one P2Pool but to mine to the same address.

Why the Pools have closed?
legendary
That is indeed a serious limitation. Would it be possible to modify p2pool to withhold payments until they add up to 0.01?
I'm still working on it. It isn't quite simple due to decentralized nature of p2pool. Maybe the replace of rewarding system with variant of CPPSRB will be better and simplier solution. Roll Eyes

Quote from: RoadTrain
Then considering how different are rewards and monetary bases of PPC and NVC could be this minimum value lowered?
to 0.001 or 0.0001?
You are partially correct, this planned for 0.4+.
But remember that you need enough hashing power to get at least 0.01 coin in PPLNS reward, because NVC/PPC has no support for outpoints volume less than 0.01 coin. It's serious limitation, I'm agree.

That is indeed a serious limitation. Would it be possible to modify p2pool to withhold payments until they add up to 0.01?
Pages:
Jump to: